NFL 2022 Changes

simtek34

55 minutes ago, WSU151 said:

I never assume that all the helmets are exactly the same.  Obviously different players will have different facemasks. Many teams have had non-white helmets white facemasks (Chiefs, Giants, Jets, Broncos, Falcons, Vikings, et al) and I’ve never found this to be an issue

Fair enough. It’s less that “the helmets are different” but more “it’s drawing more attention to each unique facemask instead of the helmet shell or design” but I don’t expect everyone’s brain to work the way that mine does…

But that thought definitely explains why I’ve always hated Washington’s gold and New England’s red face masks.

• Like 2

Saw a quick glimpse of Washington players warming up in all burgundy on NBC.... I'd personally like to see how that combination would look with gold socks. Jalen Ramsey convinced me yellow/gold socks can look good with certain uniforms. I want to believe burgundy/burgundy/gold would be a good combination for the Commanders.

SN: the Rams should totally bring yellow socks into the fold to be worn with their blue pants next season.

• Like 8

Hotter Than July > Thriller

7 minutes ago, Germanshepherd said:

https://news.sportslogos.net/2022/12/17/cleveland-browns-considering-full-time-switch-to-white-facemask-logo-update/football/

Would support the move back to white facemasks, but if you’re going to change the logo just use Brownie. 

Wish they'd go back to the 2D profile for the helmet logo as well. The 3D version has never looked as good and if you're gonna use an outdated helmet model it might as well look classic.

• Like 9

On 12/18/2022 at 8:34 AM, DCarp1231 said:

Back in 2020, Washington’s official game day pregame show used a graphic that featured a blank burgundy helmet, pre-2020 stripes, and a white facemask.

I’ve looked everywhere and still can’t find the graphic. It really didn’t look all that bad. 

A couple of months ago, I found these two unis seen on the FedExField Jumbotron. I haven't seen anything about a helmet, but if what you're talking about is true, this might be the corresponding uniform set. Personally, I hope these and your helmet replace the mess they're wearing right now as soon as possible. 

On 10/18/2022 at 3:14 PM, namefornamesake said:

Don't know if anyone noticed, but the Commies may have inadvertently revealed their 2027 uniform set a month ago. Commanders announce mascot choices down to two options: Hog and Dog - NBC  Sports WashingtonWashington Commanders to choose new mascot soon, options down to two

2 hours ago, ManillaToad said:

NFL players : Have their jerseys tailored to be form-fitting so that there's nothing loose for the other team to grab on to, meaning uniform designs have to change to account for the lack of space

Also NFL players:

ezgif-1-a936a41b55.gif

404 Image Not Found?

spacer.png

• Like 1

da0Lbhs.png

On 12/16/2022 at 8:37 AM, Bathysphere said:

The Jags have begun to field opinions from the fans on uniforms. They aren’t explicitly saying it’s for a redesign like the Broncos and it probably means there won’t be any changes quite next year. Regardless, it’s very important that they’re finally letting the fans voice their near unanimous attitude on the matter, cause we could’ve avoided a lot of messes if they’d ever thought to do so before. Look at those numbers for the classic era! The Duval faithful wont let us down on this one.

I said a while ago that it was the Jaguars, not the Buccaneers, that should be hitting the reset button on their uniforms and going back to 1998. Now that the Bucs have made it acceptable to do just that, I'm guessing the Jags will follow suit.

• Like 3

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

I'm also 100% certain that they're going to severely overthink this, because Khan, after all--but whatever they do next, I wouldn't mind the slightest bit if it gets as close to, or right on the nose of, '98 as possible--number/NOB font, everything. Yes, even the double-stroke.  Shoot--they can even get back to the original '95 sets if they promise to never touch them again. (Okay, maybe add a pair of teal pants--but after that, then ever touch them again.) It'd give me a reason to wear my '95 Brunell throwback again. 😁

Let's see...San Francisco, Cleveland and then Tampa (or was it Tampa then Cleveland?)...Jacksonville can fall in line!

• Like 1

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

My guess is they'll keep the touched-up primary and otherwise roll it back to 1998. I could see single-layer NOBs in Trade Gothic or something as some tiny modernization. 

The mid-2000s road uniforms, which had almost no teal, look a lot better in retrospect compared with the current ones, which have none, though as I said, it was very mid-2000s to be black, bronze, and something else.

Pair of Jaguars legends discuss Byron Leftwich as a head coaching candidate

• Like 1

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

^ I'll give you that...I think that pic is from 2003 or '04. I want to say they added the solid black road pants in '06, maybe '05...either way, they hadn't hit full-on Blaguars mode at the point that above picture was taken, but they were pretty dang close. (Blame one J. Wayne Weaver for that...dude never liked the teal.) Those above uniforms also have much more gold, whereas the current ones, apart from the logos, have exactly zero ounces.

Ideally, if they do indeed throwemback to '98 (to borrow a phrase from our favorite former Creamerite troll dennisbergan), I would hope that they leave the numbers intact--the last thing I want the Swoosh to do is start jacking around with that, trying to add their lil' dash of modern-futuristic to it.  Really they could even do the same Machine Block NOB font many other teams employ...but I think it'd lose something if they went single layer (which I'm sure they'll do anyway for economic reasons.) 

One thing is for sure, though: MOAR TEAL is a must.

And since we're pretty much into the process of Jagjacking this thread, I just took a lil' trip through memory lane and...man oh man:

1699272.jpeg

runningback-labrandon-toefield-and-kick-

5e05d70e79797_425187b.jpg

quarterback-byron-leftwich-gives-a-five-

I know those black pants were not everyone's cup of tea, but I personally loved them for the alternate wrinkle they provided--they also seemed to wear them quite a bit more than I realized in 2004. There's something about the way the teal kinda jumps off that black background, with the lil' dash of gold in there to flesh them out. I could live with those as a changeup to the white pants with similar striping for that reason.  I really wouldn't even mind if those were made primary and white pants a change-up, so long as the away numbers remained teal. As I said earlier, MOAR TEAL should be the goal, not less. (And if they do revive those black alternates, they need to swap the black stripe on the sleeve cuffs for teal to really complete it--either that, or swap the gold stripe for teal.)

Again, just one man's opinion...my two rusted Lincolns.

• Like 6

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

25 minutes ago, tBBP said:

^ I'll give you that...I think that pic is from 2003 or '04. I want to say they added the solid black road pants in '06, maybe '05...either way, they hadn't hit full-on Blaguars mode at the point that above picture was taken, but they were pretty dang close. (Blame one J. Wayne Weaver for that...dude never liked the teal.) Those above uniforms also have much more gold, whereas the current ones, apart from the logos, have exactly zero ounces.

Ideally, if they do indeed throwemback to '98 (to borrow a phrase from our favorite former Creamerite troll dennisbergan), I would hope that they leave the numbers intact--the last thing I want the Swoosh to do is start jacking around with that, trying to add their lil' dash of modern-futuristic to it.  Really they could even do the same Machine Block NOB font many other teams employ...but I think it'd lose something if they went single layer (which I'm sure they'll do anyway for economic reasons.) 

One thing is for sure, though: MOAR TEAL is a must.

And since we're pretty much into the process of Jagjacking this thread, I just took a lil' trip through memory lane and...man oh man:

1699272.jpeg

runningback-labrandon-toefield-and-kick-

5e05d70e79797_425187b.jpg

quarterback-byron-leftwich-gives-a-five-

I know those black pants were not everyone's cup of tea, but I personally loved them for the alternate wrinkle they provided--they also seemed to wear them quite a bit more than I realized in 2004. There's something about the way the teal kinda jumps off that black background, with the lil' dash of gold in there to flesh them out. I could live with those as a changeup to the white pants with similar striping for that reason.  I really wouldn't even mind if those were made primary and white pants a change-up, so long as the away numbers remained teal. As I said earlier, MOAR TEAL should be the goal, not less. (And if they do revive those black alternates, they need to swap the black stripe on the sleeve cuffs for teal to really complete it--either that, or swap the gold stripe for teal.)

Again, just one man's opinion...my two rusted Lincolns.

I liked the teal over black look, but I didn't love the striping on the pants.  I get that they went for consistency, but it doesn't work when the middle is the same color as the pants - it looks like two separate stripes rather than one wide one.

They'd look better if they went back to that era but had pants similar to the Eagles or Vikings.

• Like 5

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."