NFL 2022 Changes

simtek34

I like the white facemark every one in a while, but I prefer the brown facemask as the primary helmet. Not sure if it's just my youth speaking, but I just think it works the best. Adds a tiny splash of modern to add flavor to a classic look. The white feels a bit too bright for my taste and throws off the color balance when paired with brown jerseys, but on the white it looks fine. I think I prefer white to gray, but brown tops my rankings here. Perhaps I'll change my mind once I see the white facemasks in action, but as for now, brown works the best in my book. 

• Like 6
  • Love 1
  • Meh 2
  • Dislike 1

lBzmcSM.png

Perrin Grubb | Aspiring Designer | NAFA Project ~ NFL Redesigns

I hold the seemingly unpopular opinion that the brown facemask is better than white for the Browns, and seeing this only reinforced that for me. It's not the worst thing in the world though, I definitely like it more than gray, so I'll try to see how it looks in action.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, jc... said:

Woke up to a Clevejacking. 😂

Yup—and it's going on in two threads simultaneously...

• LOL 2

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

16 hours ago, 8BW14 said:

No thanks. Gray>brown>white. White just feels very collegiate or amateur to me.

It's a lost art but there was a time when a white facemask on a color helmet felt professional, and looks beautiful in my opinion.

spacer.png

spacer.png

• Like 10
  • Love 1
  • Applause 1

37 minutes ago, TBGKon said:

Buccaneers seem to be confirming pewter alternate for Bengals game this week

I hear the phrase "Pewter Power" and all I can think of is third grade recess in the late 1970s with kids playing with their Star Wars or Battlestar Galactica toy ships making, "pew - pew" sounds for the laser cannons.

• Like 1
  • LOL 1

I'm fine with gray facemasks for the Browns, but IMO, white is superior and is the Browns' signature look. The shade of brown Cleveland uses is too dark, and because of that, they end up looking more like the Bengals than they already do.

I also stand with @bbush24 in the fact that white facemasks look great and are featured on some of the best looks in NFL history.

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, infrared41 said:

You can't stop a Clevejacking, you can only hope to contain it. 

The NFL section of the boards are in a perpetual Clevejack, only interrupted by other team-jackings periodically.

• LOL 1

4 hours ago, bbush24 said:

It's a lost art but there was a time when a white facemask on a color helmet felt professional, and looks beautiful in my opinion.

spacer.png

spacer.png

That look topped out at 7 teams in 1983, one out of every four in the NFL, with two more having white facemasks with white helmets (Colts/Patriots).

*whispers* the Vikings should look into this...

• Like 2