NFL 2022 Changes

simtek34

5 hours ago, adsarebad said:

Philly still use the old Eagles scrip on the front of their jerseys.

pretty strange or what?

patriots did the same. 

• Like 1

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

19 hours ago, Cujo said:

Better than Saints (matching) mustard would be these. 👇

Wishful thinking, but I'd like to see New Orleans someday throwback to the Dome Patrol era  -- complete with Champion numbers.

5d2deb047453d.image.jpg?resize=1024,698

IMO, these are far worse than their current uniforms (when they wear gold pants) and even farther beneath the classics. This has the far worse beige gold that they currently use and then adds a gross ghosted outline. I don't think a ghosted outline has ever looked good in any sport. The only time I don't mind them is when the outer outline matches the number color so it's just like an inline in the numbers.

But yeah, their classics with matching helmet is their perfect look and should absolutely be their primary and never be touched.

• Like 1

Carolina Panthers (2012 - Pres)Carolina Hurricanes (2000 - Pres)

On 11/24/2022 at 6:16 PM, Cujo said:

Better than Saints (matching) mustard would be these. 👇

Wishful thinking, but I'd like to see New Orleans someday throwback to the Dome Patrol era  -- complete with Champion numbers.

5d2deb047453d.image.jpg?resize=1024,698

This was their look from when I was a kid, and from when they were one of the most intimidating teams in the league (and from when the Eagles broke their playoff-win drought with an underdog win in the Superdome.)

In hindsight, the Louisiana-state patch isn't the best, nor is the shade of gold, but replace the gold with the throwback shade and this is a throwback I'd like to see periodically.  

I'm not sure if anyone under a certain age realizes just how tough those Saints teams were.  That linebacking corps was out of this world.   Even the offenses were good, despite being led by Bobby Hebert and/or Steve Walsh.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

13 hours ago, hormone said:

So, the Saints, Giants, and Dolphins basically have Home-Road throwbacks now.

I think the 49ers do too, but I’m not 100% sure on that.

• Like 6

If you hadn't noticed, Chawls loves his wrestling, whether it be real life or sim. :D

24 minutes ago, DCarp1231 said:

The new Eagles wordmark doesn’t even match the current number font. Do something with that, in good taste, and Philly’s set may actually improve a lot.

I've yet to see any concept in which numbers that match the new wordmark don't look terrible.  Too italicized.

My hunch, based on past statements the team has made, is that they're unlikely to make any other alterations to the current midnight green, because they've stated (years ago, when petitioning for the one-helmet-rule to be rescinded) that they wanted to use the '80s throwbacks as a "test" for a change back to that color.  That may have changed, of course, but my gut tells me that they're either currently working on a full change, or will be after this season (assuming the throwbacks are well received), and we'll see something new for the 2025 season.  Not a throwback, but something new in the kellyish green / silver pallet.

3 hours ago, BBTV said:

I've yet to see any concept in which numbers that match the new wordmark don't look terrible.  Too italicized.

My hunch, based on past statements the team has made, is that they're unlikely to make any other alterations to the current midnight green, because they've stated (years ago, when petitioning for the one-helmet-rule to be rescinded) that they wanted to use the '80s throwbacks as a "test" for a change back to that color.  That may have changed, of course, but my gut tells me that they're either currently working on a full change, or will be after this season (assuming the throwbacks are well received), and we'll see something new for the 2025 season.  Not a throwback, but something new in the kellyish green / silver pallet.

Here’s hoping. A return to green and silver, rather than dark teal and black, would be fantastic. 

On 11/21/2022 at 8:54 PM, BBTV said:

One problem with that mothership article is that the 'quotes" aren't actual quotes (literally, they're not quotes nor are they contained in quotes) and there's no attribution.  Doesn't mean that the gist of it isn't correct, but the team's story has been inconsistent from the start.

I believe that 2023 was the plan from day 1 of the rule being  lifted.  When that occurred, they said that there wouldn't be kelly green in '22 because of the 2-year rule and they didn't put the changes in prior to the rule change.  Sounds reasonable enough, and part of the reason for the 2-year rule in the first place is to give manufacturers and licensees time to ramp up production.  However, earlier this year is the first time I heard the club claim that anything had to do with Nike's pallet, with this quote from the owner back in March of this year:

“It’s going to be as identical to what that existed as possible,” Lurie said. “And we’re working with Nike to make it happen. We wish we could deliver it right away, but it takes a two-year process with the material that it’s going to be utilized in 2023. They don’t have that in their palette.”

That's a little vague in that it says "the material that's going to be used in 2023" - is it some new fabric that doesn't exist today, and they don't have the right shade of green?  It sounds to me from the (admittedly light) research I've done that despite the colloquialism, it's not simply "kelly" green, but a custom shade that may not look custom to the average person, but is different than what Marshall uses or any other current Nike green team.  It doesn't make sense to me that Nike simply can't create a dye of any possible color at any possible time, but either way, I think 2-years was the plan the whole time and even if it was a stock color, they would still have had to wait.

We don't know that other teams changes didn't take 2 years for the same color-matching reason, it's just that the "2-year-rule" obfuscates any of the behind-the-scenes difficulties.

EDIT: 

at the end of the day it doesn't matter - Nike sucks, we're not getting throwbacks till 2023 regardless of reason, and the BLACK HELMET SUCKS.  I'm pretty sure most of us can agree on that point.

Are the ‘90s Eagles’ green and the current Marshall green the same shade? I feel like Marshall’s is slightly lighter. 

Which kelly green uniforms are the Eagles supposed to be bringing back: the Coach Vermeil era or the Reggie White era?

If you hadn't noticed, Chawls loves his wrestling, whether it be real life or sim. :D

13 minutes ago, Chawls said:

Which kelly green uniforms are the Eagles supposed to be bringing back: the Coach Vermeil era or the Reggie White era?

I can't imagine the Vermeil-era sleeves could make a comeback.

• Like 1

It's where I sit.

31 minutes ago, Chawls said:

White/Cunningham.  Late '80s - early '90s.  It's a darker shade than their previous throwbacks, and slightly darker than the Jawarski-era (but not as dark as the Packers moved to... so IDK what shade it is.)

Not sure if this helps with anything, but according to our friend TruColor (not sure what/if he goes by now) this is the difference between early '80s and late '80s:

Cunningham:

hex-pantone-349-c.jpg

KELLY GREEN
PANTONE 349 C
#046A38
R4 G106 B56
C85 M3 Y91 K44

Jaworski:
hex-pantone-342-c.jpg
KELLY GREEN
* PANTONE 342 C
* R0 G103 B71
* C93 M4 Y75 K43
  • Like 4