NFL 2022 Changes

simtek34

Navy’s new NASA uniform should catch the eyes of the Texans.

The star on the top of the pant stripe is money.  Just replicate the state flag as the pant stripe and shoulder cap, use a nice strong number font, brighten the Red, and change the helmet finish to Satin Navy (if not changing to White).

• Like 2
  • Applause 1
  • Meh 1

2 hours ago, Volt said:

Nike has zero issues with Kelly Green.  

Ask Marshall.

https://news.sportslogos.net/2022/07/22/eagles-unveil-black-helmet-for-2022-to-be-replaced-with-kelly-green-in-23/football/

The Eagles also announced that the club had initially planned on using a Kelly green throwback-inspired helmet instead of black this season, but due to issues with Nike correctly reproducing the original shade of green for their jerseys, they had to push things back a season.

• Like 1

One problem with that mothership article is that the 'quotes" aren't actual quotes (literally, they're not quotes nor are they contained in quotes) and there's no attribution.  Doesn't mean that the gist of it isn't correct, but the team's story has been inconsistent from the start.

I believe that 2023 was the plan from day 1 of the rule being  lifted.  When that occurred, they said that there wouldn't be kelly green in '22 because of the 2-year rule and they didn't put the changes in prior to the rule change.  Sounds reasonable enough, and part of the reason for the 2-year rule in the first place is to give manufacturers and licensees time to ramp up production.  However, earlier this year is the first time I heard the club claim that anything had to do with Nike's pallet, with this quote from the owner back in March of this year:

“It’s going to be as identical to what that existed as possible,” Lurie said. “And we’re working with Nike to make it happen. We wish we could deliver it right away, but it takes a two-year process with the material that it’s going to be utilized in 2023. They don’t have that in their palette.”

That's a little vague in that it says "the material that's going to be used in 2023" - is it some new fabric that doesn't exist today, and they don't have the right shade of green?  It sounds to me from the (admittedly light) research I've done that despite the colloquialism, it's not simply "kelly" green, but a custom shade that may not look custom to the average person, but is different than what Marshall uses or any other current Nike green team.  It doesn't make sense to me that Nike simply can't create a dye of any possible color at any possible time, but either way, I think 2-years was the plan the whole time and even if it was a stock color, they would still have had to wait.

We don't know that other teams changes didn't take 2 years for the same color-matching reason, it's just that the "2-year-rule" obfuscates any of the behind-the-scenes difficulties.

EDIT: 

at the end of the day it doesn't matter - Nike sucks, we're not getting throwbacks till 2023 regardless of reason, and the BLACK HELMET SUCKS.  I'm pretty sure most of us can agree on that point.

• Like 4

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

2 minutes ago, mafiaman said:

The Lions all-grey set is the worst in the NFL.  Prove me wrong. 

Asketh and thou shalt receiveth:

yc4mqnpohdyfm3v1h4wi.jpg

Definitely a lock for the Uniform Matchup Hall of Fonk.*

Spoiler

*Down south, "fonk"–with a long-vowel "o"–is our way of saying "stank", as in putrid. Now you know.

• Like 13
  • Sad 1

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

3 minutes ago, Cujo said:

The Saints' brutal gold/mustard mismatch is 1000000x more glaring and distracting than Detroit's boring full-gray.

But if they simply fix the helmet color, it’s a top 3 in the league uniform.  Detroit’s grey is a 100% mess.

• Like 11

1 hour ago, Cujo said:

Better than Saints (matching) mustard would be these. 👇

Wishful thinking, but I'd like to see New Orleans someday throwback to the Dome Patrol era  -- complete with Champion numbers.

5d2deb047453d.image.jpg?resize=1024,698

I like these. They're the forgotten era of Saints unis between the classic look and the current look, but they have style. 

• Like 5

4 hours ago, Cujo said:

Better than Saints (matching) mustard would be these. 👇

Wishful thinking, but I'd like to see New Orleans someday throwback to the Dome Patrol era  -- complete with Champion numbers.

5d2deb047453d.image.jpg?resize=1024,698

2 hours ago, IceCap said:

I like these. They're the forgotten era of Saints unis between the classic look and the current look, but they have style. 

Good points to both. As to the bonded, that Dome Patrol era is a forgotten era of Saints period--they actually had a pretty good run down there during Jim "Diddly Poo" Mora's tenure--from I think '87 to '93 they won 8 or games each season, had I think two 12-win seasons, and two playoff appearances. Of course more people remember them being the Aints from back then, but for a brief lil' time there, they--especially that linebackers corps--were an official problem for the league.

All of which adds credence to you guys' statements about that particular uniform. If the Saints should ever retire their current throwback, that Mora-era set, offset-stroked Champion numbers and all, would be a great alternative, well, alternate to pick up.

• Like 6

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||