NFL 2022 Changes

simtek34

24 minutes ago, DCarp1231 said:

Would 3D printed logos really be that much of an injury risk? Seems doubtful.

Agreed. But this seems like a low hanging fruit thing that the NFL would be all over.

Fix turf for safety reasons? Nah, that costs money.

Not allow 3-D logos? Yup, you might cut someone with that.

• Like 7

It's where I sit.

1 hour ago, DCarp1231 said:

I could’ve sworn there were some NFL teams that use 3D front and rear helmet bumper logos and scripts

Many do. The bucs and Seahawks both had them this morning. One thing about the fan bucs 3d helmet that isn’t being mentioned is that logo is a flag and flags are 2D 😂

• LOL 1
KISSwall09.jpg

Just my $.02 on the Broncos changes.  I'm a lifelong Broncos fan and loved the changes in the 90's.  But the look is quite stale.  I love the old D logo, and have seen enough concepts to know that it can be modernized to match the current logo.   With that said, the current logo is a much better helmet logo.  What I'd love to see is a modernized D logo as a rather prominent secondary.  Like maybe on the hip of the pant.  Also, the Navy absolutely blows.  May as well be black.  Would love to see them go back to a royal blue, but not as washed out as the last one.  A little closer to the Rams or Boise St.  I think it's pretty simple for them to knock this out of the park:

1.  Royal blue

2.  modernized D logo as prominent secondary and retain current logo as primary

3.  Traditional template for striping, go back to what they had or similar

4.  White, royal, orange for pants options.  That way they have plenty of options for change ups during the year.

5.  Orange IS the primary jersey, own it Denver!

This would be absolutely perfect.

• Like 8
crsig.jpgnsig.jpg

On 11/11/2022 at 5:59 PM, simtek34 said:

Someone posted pictures of how the survey looked like, and the uniform options that had to be ranked are seen too. 

Looking closely at the images, they just used @CC97's art from the mothership, which I find funny.

spacer.png

Also, on the helmet one, I can't tell if those are official NFL renders or not. I know they're not from the mothership. I feel like they are official renders, but the shade of white for the "D" helmet is off compared to other official helmet art. spacer.png

I'd like to see the modern uniform template and logo with the old school orange and royal blue. 

iq5b7nF.png

Brown and yellow is an under appreciated color scheme, but no. It also is one of those color schemes that is best served by a traditional aesthetic. Doesn’t really work with a modern design. It would have been interesting to see where the Broncos went if they did stick with brown and yellow throughout their history, though.

• Like 4

14 hours ago, Bomba Tomba said:

I really hope you'd continue this.

Wow, that comment made my day -- I had my rec laptop die, but the template files are saved on a drive, once I replace it I would like to! I'll save the rest of it for the concepts thread.

As far as Washington goes, the disagreement between the "white" material on the sleeve cap and the jersey was more apparent than ever last night. Could be a lighting thing/ESPN camera thing, but woof. I've recklessly swung back and forth between despising their new uniforms, to opening my mind a bit and gaslighting myself into thinking they're cool, and now I've settled on the fact they just look like a college or high school team who ordered the most expensive option in a catalog. 

The helmet, like fouhy said, is a fine centerpiece. I've never seen a modern satin paint job on a football helmet I did not like. Hopefully in 5 years they have new owners who can leave these as a relic of the Snyder era.

• Like 9

On 11/12/2022 at 4:35 PM, Sec19Row53 said:

Agreed. But this seems like a low hanging fruit thing that the NFL would be all over.

Fix turf for safety reasons? Nah, that costs money.

Not allow 3-D logos? Yup, you might cut someone with that.

As far as the turf thing goes I saw an article which pointed to the fields that use "slim fit turf" whatever that is. I think if you are going to have turf there definitely has to be uniformity amongst the turf. I know everyone wants grass but how are you going to have grass at a place like the Superdome? I know grass trays are possible but the Texans ditched grass for just that exact reason. One step forward two steps back

• Like 1

5 hours ago, ltjets21 said:

As far as the turf thing goes I saw an article which pointed to the fields that use "slim fit turf" whatever that is. I think if you are going to have turf there definitely has to be uniformity amongst the turf. I know everyone wants grass but how are you going to have grass at a place like the Superdome? I know grass trays are possible but the Texans ditched grass for just that exact reason. One step forward two steps back

…and the Texans even had the retractable roof on NRG Stadium.  MLB has also had places like Arizona and Miami switch to turf with the retractable roofs.