NFL 2022 Changes

simtek34

10 hours ago, TBGKon said:

…and the Texans even had the retractable roof on NRG Stadium.  MLB has also had places like Arizona and Miami switch to turf with the retractable roofs.

MLB requirements, and care needed to maintain a field is not the same as footballs. 

• Like 2

On 11/11/2022 at 12:15 PM, SSmith48 said:

Got polls on social media too. New uniforms are coming, there’s not doubt about that now. Just have to wait and see what unfolds.

It’s a bit refreshing seeing the fans consulted on this. I know they were waiting to sell the team to start the process. Let’s just hope they take some fan input into account, and don’t pull a Rams/Commanders and overdesign everything.

Except too much fan input can end up leading to trying to please everyone and ending up with a convoluted mess.

spacer.png

• Like 5
  • LOL 2

3 hours ago, spartacat_12 said:

Except too much fan input can end up leading to trying to please everyone and ending up with a convoluted mess.

"So they want the Elway Super Bowl look's futuristic flare, the Orange Crush look's traditional stylings, and the brown and gold look's vertical sock stripes?"

"That's what the polls said! Get Nike on the line!"

• Like 6
  • LOL 2

58 minutes ago, IceCap said:

"So they want the Elway Super Bowl look's futuristic flare, the Orange Crush look's traditional stylings, and the brown and gold look's vertical sock stripes?"

"That's what the polls said! Get Nike on the line!"

How long before a "tHaT dOeSn'T lOoK hAlF bAD" comment?

QKoGDpB.jpeg

• Applause 1
  • LOL 12

15 hours ago, DCarp1231 said:

I think the Broncos need a new logo if they’re getting new uniforms.

No going back to the D logo, no updating the D logo, or keeping the current logo, or meshing the two together. 

Something completely new.

You sure? I don't have the faith in Nike, as of now, to do a new logo that'll be appealing.

• Like 4

38 minutes ago, Jay_Mellowed said:

You sure? I don't have the faith in Nike, as of now, to do a new logo that'll be appealing.

Well, considering Nike also designed the current logo (and uniforms)...I don't think you'll have much to worry about. 

Speaking of: from where are these cries of redesigning the Broncos' logo coming? The current one, somehow, looks just as modern today as it did when it came out in 1997. (Good Lord...this identity has been around 25 years???) If anything, we all should really hope the Broncos/ Nike don't fool with that horsehead...I shudder to think what they might replace it with. 

For my two rusted Lincolns to toss into this thing, I think whatever update they do should center on the 1965-1966 set...the jerseys to that set are really the only ones (besides what they have now) that work with today's sleeve caps being, well, caps. Orange or blue helmets wouldn't make me no nevermind, but since orange shells would necessitate a change to the primary logo (which was very obviously designed for a navy blue background), leave the shells blue.

Spoiler

Speaking of orange, here's a fun piece of trivia for y'all: did you know the Broncos' orange-and-blue colorway was inspired by none other than the Cleveland Browns? Y'all got former HC/CM Jack Faulkman to thank for that one...dude was an Ohio native, which meant he was more than familiar with the Browns' orange, and ported it over to Denver to replace the chocolate-and-mustard jawns.

• Like 4

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

1 hour ago, lahaye7 said:

Take the stripes off the pants and jerseys, and keep the rest Go royal blue instead of navy. 

What else is there except stripes? A jersey with numbers and plain white pants would be pretty awful. 

• Like 2

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

On 11/5/2022 at 8:13 PM, oldschoolvikings said:

So if I'm reading this right, Nike has their own color "library" and are hesitant to provide custom colors?  That sure explains a lot. (If I had to guess, I'd bet that Nike's color library has, like, three greens, but for some reason two dozen dark grays?)

For some reason, I find that annoying.  In a perfect world, the needs of the client should come way before the convenience of the supplier.

Eagles: How about some kelly green throwbacks?

Nike: 

Nervous Key And Peele GIF

• LOL 10

4 hours ago, WSU151 said:

What else is there except stripes? A jersey with numbers and plain white pants would be pretty awful. 

oh I agree, but nike has been going plain with some sets. 

• Like 2

I am sore,wounded, but not slain

I will lay down and bleed a while

And then rise up to fight again