NFL 2022 Changes

simtek34

Just getting this started now, since we're already halfway through 2022. As far as I know, we just have the Washington Reskins being the only major one happening this year. There's also the death of the One-Helmet Rule, leading to the return of throwbacks. And the only confirmed one to return so far is the Patriots Pat Patriot throwbacks. The Buccaneers Bucco Bruce Creamsicles, Red Falcons Helmets,  Cowboys 60s Double Star, amongst others, can be assumed to be returning, but haven't been officially announced. I don't think there's anything else, but correct me if I'm wrong, in case another team officially announced a returning Throwback or something.

• Like 3

da0Lbhs.png

21 minutes ago, PlayGloria said:

This HAS to be the year for the Cardinals to make some changes.... right?? 

We can only hope. I don't have high hopes that they will this year, but again, just hope. May the Reebok era finally be put to rest.

spacer.png

• Like 14

da0Lbhs.png

Unless teams already had throwbacks in their style guides, you won’t see them in ‘22 and will have to wait till ‘23. I think patriots do, but I wouldn’t get hopes up about too many others. 

• Like 1

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

The Cardinals are usually at the top of my off-season changes wishlist every year, but I’m also still counting down the days Miami’s belly flop dolphin is gone forever. The uniforms are just fine, but that logo needs to go, and I’m hoping for a surprise that this year is the year.

• Like 8

CCSLC%20Signature_1.png

2 minutes ago, FinsUp1214 said:

The Cardinals are usually at the top of my off-season changes wishlist every year, but I’m also still counting down the days Miami’s belly flop dolphin is gone forever. The uniforms are just fine, but that logo needs to go. 

2022 is season #5 of the current design (designed, IIRC by a guy that used to be on here a bit and did graphic design work for the team) 

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

12 minutes ago, WSU151 said:

2022 is season #5 of the current design (designed, IIRC by a guy that used to be on here a bit and did graphic design work for the team) 

To be honest I’m not familiar with how the 5-year rule enforces things like color tweaks or otherwise minor changes - the logo and the rebrand that went along with it were introduced in 2013, with the minor tweaks you’re referencing coming along in 2018. Would that mean the Dolphins could still make changes now (using 2013 as the year in reference), or are the minor tweaks significant enough to start the 5-year clock over?

CCSLC%20Signature_1.png

2 minutes ago, FinsUp1214 said:

To be honest I’m not familiar with how the 5-year rule enforces things like color tweaks or otherwise minor changes - the logo and the rebrand that went along with it were introduced in 2013, with the minor tweaks you’re referencing coming along in 2018. Would that mean the Dolphins could still make changes now (using 2013 as the year in reference), or are the minor tweaks significant enough to start the 5-year clock over?

The big change in 2018 was removing navy, which most people don't even realize was part of the design. I think they could still make changes this year. I still don't know why the Cardinals aren't planning any changes. Those uniforms have been horrible since day one and even their own players don't like them. 

• Like 5

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

Some throwbacks I would love to see based on the elimination of the one helmet rule include the Titans having an Oilers throwback, the Seahawks returning to the style they wore whilst in the AFC, and Rams having a "Fearsome Foursome" white jersey/pant combo that replaces everything bone.

• Like 3

41 minutes ago, MJWalker45 said:

The big change in 2018 was removing navy, which most people don't even realize was part of the design. I think they could still make changes this year. I still don't know why the Cardinals aren't planning any changes. Those uniforms have been horrible since day one and even their own players don't like them. 

You could be right...but I have a feeling 2023 will be the year the Dolphins make a change. I think the 2018 changes reset the clock.

• Like 3

On 1/14/2022 at 8:22 AM, simtek34 said:

There's also the death of the One-Helmet Rule, leading to the return of throwbacks. And the only confirmed one to return so far is the Patriots Pat Patriot throwbacks. The Buccaneers Bucco Bruce Creamsicles, Red Falcons Helmets,  Cowboys 60s Double Star, amongst others, can be assumed to be returning, but haven't been officially announced. 

I flew through Dallas yesterday. The white helmet was on display at the front of the team store in the airport alongside the regular helmet.

Take that for whatever it might mean.

• Like 4

It's where I sit.

1 hour ago, Sec19Row53 said:

I flew through Dallas yesterday. The white helmet was on display at the front of the team store in the airport alongside the regular helmet.

Take that for whatever it might mean.

Riddell released a line of full size authentic and replica throwback Speed helmets in October/November.

Not saying the Cowboys white helmet  won’t be worn, but this line of consumer throwbacks had been planned before the one helmet announcement.

• Like 2

16 hours ago, EddieJ1984 said:

I hope the eagles don't have throwbacks still in their style guide since the last one's they wore were the plain ones. And I'd love to see them throwback to either the Jaworskis or Cunnghams.

Not an Eagles fan, but I need these on the field yesterday:

FIq_Rk-WYAgBprT?format=jpg&name=small

• Like 30

6uXNWAo.png