NFL 2022 Changes

simtek34

I wouldn't be shocked that most teams will have a white alt helmet in the coming season. The whole football universe seems to love the stormtrooper/icy white costumes. 

• Like 5

I am sore,wounded, but not slain

I will lay down and bleed a while

And then rise up to fight again

36 minutes ago, lahaye7 said:

I wouldn't be shocked that most teams will have a white alt helmet in the coming season. The whole football universe seems to love the stormtrooper/icy white costumes. 

Maybe I'm an optimist. Maybe I'm being naive, but I don't think the NFL is going to turn into College FB with regards to the multiple helmets.  I think we will see the majority of teams have 1 alternate shell, and some won't have any. 

I just don't see the league allowing a free for all where we see a team like the Jets having green, white, black,  and anthracite/gray options in one year.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Ninoners said:

Maybe I'm an optimist. Maybe I'm being naive, but I don't think the NFL is going to turn into College FB with regards to the multiple helmets.  I think we will see the majority of teams have 1 alternate shell, and some won't have any. 

I just don't see the league allowing a free for all where we see a team like the Jets having green, white, black,  and anthracite/gray options in one year.

Oh, I don't see them have multi colors like college, just a white alt if they do not have a historical alt one (Ravens, Texans, Jags come to mind) 

• Like 1

I am sore,wounded, but not slain

I will lay down and bleed a while

And then rise up to fight again

On 1/14/2022 at 11:02 AM, WSU151 said:

You could be right...but I have a feeling 2023 will be the year the Dolphins make a change. I think the 2018 changes reset the clock.

Correct; I recalled this Uni Watch post from the 2018 unveiling:

Jags, Dolphins Unveil New Uniforms

...(the number font, in particular, really needs to go, but now we’re stuck with it at least through 2022, because yesterday’s tweaks reset the five-year clock)...

• Like 2

On 1/15/2022 at 10:25 PM, EddieJ1984 said:

I hope the eagles don't have throwbacks still in their style guide since the last one's they wore were the plain ones. And I'd love to see them throwback to either the Jaworskis or Cunninghams.

Would be happy with both, have a feeling they’ll lean that late 80s-early 90s era. Simpler and they can do more with it as a permanent addition.

It’ll happen this year or next year, Lurie was one of the main people pushing to get rid of the one-shell rule for awhile. Have a feeling the league quietly told the Owners they were ditching it themselves so no owner had to publicly vote on it and potentially be seen not caring about player health to some people.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Kiltman said:

Would be happy with both, have a feeling they’ll lean that late 80s-early 90s era. Simpler and they can do more with it as a permanent addition.

It’ll happen this year or next year, Lurie was one of the main people pushing to get rid of the one-shell rule for awhile. Have a feeling the league quietly told the Owners they were ditching it themselves so no owner had to publicly vote on it and potentially be seen not caring about player health to some people.

Yea I was thinking the 80s-early 90s would be it as well, just classic looking.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, DCarp1231 said:

Any new Cardinals uniform that includes the forced introduction of an oversized or sublimated state flag is automatic grounds for being the absolute worst uniform in the league. 

Not while the Jets have that all black monstrosity. 

• Like 8

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png