NFL 2022 Changes

simtek34

Do away with the inner stripes and have the bird head go the whole way in.  I'm not sure how that could work from a production standpoint, but that's not my problem.

• Like 1

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

5 hours ago, LA Fakers+ LA Snippers said:

Rough sketch of what I'm envisioning:

YYvZB2Z.jpeg

I don't think this needs to be done, and I hope they wouldn't make this mistake again. 

From a production standpoint, the current template wouldn't really support this anyway.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, DCarp1231 said:

Due to the uniform cuts, I don’t see the Seahawks using these

spacer.png

But instead, these

spacer.png

Or at the very least, omitting the bird head from the first uniforms

The Seahawks have already announced they'll be the 90s unis. Huge Instagram post about it posted three days ago.  Plenty of current teams with lots of stripes on sleeves, I don't know why the Seahawks would be problematic. 

https://www.instagram.com/reel/ClerdRJAeLA/?utm_source=ig_embed&utm_campaign=loading

• Like 5
  • Yawn 1

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

10 hours ago, DCarp1231 said:

spacer.png

But instead, these

spacer.png

I don't think it'll be an issue.  They'll scale it down, it's no different than any other stripe print.

• Like 16

23 minutes ago, DCarp1231 said:

That’s true. Gotta make sure they show off the swoosh with 3” of blank space in all directions

But that’s not a thing. 

• LOL 1

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

17 hours ago, DCarp1231 said:

spacer.png

But instead, these

spacer.png

It could just be the angle of the photos, but these pictures suggest that, at some point in their history, the Seahawks either shrunk the size of the bird head or pulled it further back on the helmet. 

The Jim Zorn / Steve Largent photo has the beak edging right up to the facemask, while the later image shows a few inches gap.  

• Like 3

1 hour ago, gosioux76 said:

It could just be the angle of the photos, but these pictures suggest that, at some point in their history, the Seahawks either shrunk the size of the bird head or pulled it further back on the helmet. 

The Jim Zorn / Steve Largent photo has the beak edging right up to the facemask, while the later image shows a few inches gap.  

I'll go in a different direction. I think it's the same decal, but applied on a different style of helmet. These were applied from the ridgeline forward, so they'd stop in a different place.

• Like 5

It's where I sit.

On 12/1/2022 at 2:09 PM, gosioux76 said:

I noticed this with the Saints. I know that most teams have probably shrunk their logos but the Fleur-de-lis, to me,  always stood out as having shrunk in size since I started watching.  

• Like 8

11 hours ago, Est1980 said:

I noticed this with the Saints. I know that most teams have probably shrunk their logos but the Fleur-de-lis, to me,  always stood out as having shrunk in size since I started watching.  

I believe they have shrunk the size of the physical decal/logo itself, for sure. We'd likely have to compare game-used helmets to confirm that, though. However, two other things likely contribute to that: 1) If I'm not mistaken, today's helmets are bigger and with limited space to place the logos (given the various gaps and openings the helmets have now) and 2) (and more importantly, I think), the logo now has like 39 keylines whereas before it only had one. So even if the physical logos are the same size (e.g. each decal is 4" tall or whatever), the actual fleur de lis is smaller because the rest of the space is taken up by the 91 outlines. (OK, I know, it's only three, or two with one being offset. But still, it's more than necessary; it was an excellent logo with just the white outline.)

• Like 3

14 hours ago, Ted Cunningham said:

I believe they have shrunk the size of the physical decal/logo itself, for sure. We'd likely have to compare game-used helmets to confirm that, though. However, two other things likely contribute to that: 1) If I'm not mistaken, today's helmets are bigger and with limited space to place the logos (given the various gaps and openings the helmets have now) and 2) (and more importantly, I think), the logo now has like 39 keylines whereas before it only had one. So even if the physical logos are the same size (e.g. each decal is 4" tall or whatever), the actual fleur de lis is smaller because the rest of the space is taken up by the 91 outlines. (OK, I know, it's only three, or two with one being offset. But still, it's more than necessary; it was an excellent logo with just the white outline.)

Detailed info always appreciated. Thanks! 🤜🤛

• Like 1