NFL 2022 Changes

simtek34

2 hours ago, Bathysphere said:

YES! I’ve been wondering where to complain about this. The ads make the page take forever to load, it almost never loads all at once on the first try, and frequently the entire page falls apart mid-scroll and I have to refresh several times to get it back to a proper readable website. Writing a post is nerve wracking because you have no idea when the website will spontaneously combust and you have to start over.  I’ve tried the notes app strategy, but whenever I paste text from an outside text box, it shows up in this font that is much bigger and uglier than the rest of the website. I know this community runs off of a generic message board shell, so whoever is responsible for that shell has some damn work to do web design-wise. It’s almost 2023!!

I know the font thing can be fixed at the time of pasting. At the bottom of the pasted text, click the “place as plain text” link and the big font will go away.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

I think the Giants should have switched to white facemasks when they went to the white pants. The grey seems out of place now. 

And I don't know why the 49ers gray facemask doesn't look out of place to me? Maybe because with that style uniform it's just always been that way? Their current design with anything else would take some getting use to.

• Like 3

iq5b7nF.png

1 hour ago, jc... said:

I think the Giants should have switched to white facemasks when they went to the white pants. The grey seems out of place now. 

And I don't know why the 49ers gray facemask doesn't look out of place to me? Maybe because with that style uniform it's just always been that way? Their current design with anything else would take some getting use to.

1. First lesson is that the Giants never should've gone back to white pants.

2. Second lesson comes from UCLA and how good a gold face mask can look with a gold helmet.

• Like 5

6 hours ago, Bathysphere said:

The Jags have begun to field opinions from the fans on uniforms. They aren’t explicitly saying it’s for a redesign like the Broncos and it probably means there won’t be any changes quite next year. Regardless, it’s very important that they’re finally letting the fans voice their near unanimous attitude on the matter, cause we could’ve avoided a lot of messes if they’d ever thought to do so before. Look at those numbers for the classic era! The Duval faithful wont let us down on this one.

Hopefully something close to the original unis or even this concept

• Like 1
  • Love 1

On 12/16/2022 at 8:44 AM, VDizzle12 said:

Looks like the Browns may be going to white facemasks permanently in the near future

Just another reason why it is so dumb to have a piece of equipment as your primary logo. 

Because two random people ran a poll and said to make it so???

• Huh? 1
  • Facepalm 2

It's where I sit.

15 minutes ago, Sec19Row53 said:

Just another reason why it is so dumb to have a piece of equipment as your primary logo.

Would cost the Browns $ to change their helmet full-time.

Would cost the Browns $ $ $ $ $ $ $  to change their logo.

6uXNWAo.png

On 12/14/2022 at 3:19 PM, LEWJ said:

Sharing post from UniSwag for visual reference

I've been wanting the Browns to return to this ever since they brought back the gray facemasks almost 20 years ago. This is how the Browns are suppose to look. It's so good.

The brown facemask looks like s*** and from afar, is too similar to the Bengals in terms of orange helmet paired dark colored facemask. I always thought the white facemask helps make the distinction between the two more apparent. 

• Like 4

Cowboys - Lakers - LAFC - USMNT - LA Rams - LA Kings - NUFC 

14 minutes ago, Rockstar Matt said:

The brown facemask looks like s*** and from afar, is too similar to the Bengals in terms of orange helmet paired dark colored facemask.

How far away do you have to be to not notice the tiger stripes on Cincy's helmet?

• Like 3
  • LOL 1

7 minutes ago, Echo said:

How far away do you have to be to not notice the tiger stripes on Cincy's helmet?

New Girl Facepalm GIF by HULU

That's why I pointed it out in terms of orange helmet and similarly dark face mask. There's only two teams with orange helmets in the league. They both shouldn't have dark face masks. 

spacer.png

spacer.png

Look how much better the Browns helmet with the white face mask contrasts when compared to the Bengals. The Browns white face mask looks better with the uniform overall, not just when playing against the Bengals.

• Like 12
  • Love 1
  • Applause 2
  • Dislike 1

Cowboys - Lakers - LAFC - USMNT - LA Rams - LA Kings - NUFC 

On 12/16/2022 at 6:39 AM, DCarp1231 said:

While on the subject of helmets, I’ve never really cared much for the Bears helmet.

I wish they’d roll with the throwback helmet full time

spacer.png

Are you trolling

• Like 2
  • LOL 1

spacer.png

I’ve realized that my preference is always for a facemask to be the least-gaudy color possible because it brings attention to the most non-uniform aspect of every helmet/uniform.

When the Browns use their regular masks, my eye is drawn to the loudest object: the orange helmet shell… which generally is the most uniform aspect across all players/suppliers.  But these white masks grab my attention first and foremost, which foremost underlines the individuality of each player and generally creates a less-uniform effect. A lineman’s mask with several bars crisscrossing over the entire face is going to have much more white visible than a kicker or a quarterback with only a few bars.

All of the Ravens look like they’re generally wearing the same helmet from a distance, but you can see clearly that every Browns helmet is wildly different from the TV broadcast.

• Dislike 5

1 hour ago, GFB said:

I’ve realized that my preference is always for a facemask to be the least-gaudy color possible because it brings attention to the most non-uniform aspect of every helmet/uniform.

When the Browns use their regular masks, my eye is drawn to the loudest object: the orange helmet shell… which generally is the most uniform aspect across all players/suppliers.  But these white masks grab my attention first and foremost, which foremost underlines the individuality of each player and generally creates a less-uniform effect. A lineman’s mask with several bars crisscrossing over the entire face is going to have much more white visible than a kicker or a quarterback with only a few bars.

All of the Ravens look like they’re generally wearing the same helmet from a distance, but you can see clearly that every Browns helmet is wildly different from the TV broadcast.

I never assume that all the helmets are exactly the same.  Obviously different players will have different facemasks. Many teams have had non-white helmets white facemasks (Chiefs, Giants, Jets, Broncos, Falcons, Vikings, et al) and I’ve never found this to be an issue

• Like 3

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.