NFL 2022 Changes

simtek34

13 hours ago, DCarp1231 said:

Washington is unveiling their new mascot. It’s the hog. Which is going to be ironic considering the “HOGS” of yesteryear are taking the team to court under the notion that they wish to disassociate themselves from the Commanders brand.

FlF3afPX0AAGCxL?format=png&name=large

They should have been the Redhogs or something like that. 

• Like 5
  • Yawn 1
  • Dislike 1

iq5b7nF.png

19 hours ago, BJ Sands said:

Half of the board will love this, the other half will hate it. 

Coincidently, this came out the same day that the Texans sent a survey to season ticket holders asking their opinion  on potential new uniform ideas. 

They asked fans to check which ideas they liked. 

Colors: oiler blue, dark blue, black, red, battle red

Lettering: traditional (green bay) or unique (rams)

Uniform design: traditional or unique

• Huh? 1

3 hours ago, cajunaggie08 said:

Coincidently, this came out the same day that the Texans sent a survey to season ticket holders asking their opinion  on potential new uniform ideas. 

I'm ready for them to do all these things at once.

• Like 2

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

3 hours ago, cajunaggie08 said:

Super Troopers Reaction GIF by Searchlight Pictures

4 minutes in and I hate these Cowboy helmets. Just doesn’t look right. I’m trying to tell myself this is merely a modernized update of the original 1960’s Cowboy uniforms, but they just don’t look like the Cowboys. 

I say that as someone who likes the throwbacks too. I’m not sure why those work but these don’t for me. 

• Like 2

Cowboys - Lakers - LAFC - USMNT - LA Rams - LA Kings - NUFC 

So, I’m glad the Texans are exploring new uniforms. Their uniforms aren’t bad, never have been bad, but they’ve never stood out, either. The most important part of the identity is letting that helmet logo live and breathe on its own — they don’t need helmet stripes or anything else on a lid. It’s one of the best sports logos, and applies amazingly on a helmet. 

With that said, I get worried with teams openly soliciting fan feedback on changes. Mainly because, unlike people on here, fans are going to ask for ridiculous things. I see people make nonsensical uniform takes all the time (ex: Falcons fans on their boards will be like “just bring back the 90s jerseys but do red helmets” and stuff like that). 

Houston has a TON of potential in a redesign route. I wouldn’t want them to change their number font. Just simply bring some character to the design. But, I don’t have faith Nike will come through — they’ve failed on half their redesigns the last decade. 

• Like 8

5 hours ago, Ted Cunningham said:

That's where it's headed, I'm sure.

Head-to-toe dark blue with two-tone red accents and also columbia blue accents. And black accents, too, but only on the road jerseys. The alternate is columbia blue and also has black. The numbers have little tessellated Texas flags sublimated into them and also with a gradient, but the numbers are varsity block with a few notches in places you're not used to there being notches, so it's unique but also traditional. There are inserts that the team is oddly intent on referring to as "horn devices" but also Northwestern stripes that terminate prematurely even for modern uniform templates, so it's unique but also traditional in that sense as well. 

Does that sound about right?

• Like 3
  • Applause 2
  • LOL 9
  • Hurl 2

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

4 hours ago, the admiral said:

Head-to-toe dark blue with two-tone red accents and also columbia blue accents. And black accents, too, but only on the road jerseys. The alternate is columbia blue and also has black. The numbers have little tessellated Texas flags sublimated into them and also with a gradient, but the numbers are varsity block with a few notches in places you're not used to there being notches, so it's unique but also traditional. There are inserts that the team is oddly intent on referring to as "horn devices" but also Northwestern stripes that terminate prematurely even for modern uniform templates, so it's unique but also traditional in that sense as well. 

Does that sound about right?

Don't forget the chrome facemask for absolutely no reason.

• Like 5
  • LOL 1

bSLCtu2.png

Spend whatever it takes to get the license from the Titans and go back to the Houston Oilers, with the uniform that was used in the Hall of Fame game a few years ago vs. the Bills, Columbia blue helmet, jersey, white pants, white numbers, red outlines.

• Like 3
  • Dislike 4

On 12/29/2022 at 7:00 AM, jc... said:

They should have been the Redhogs or something like that. 

I think if they had been a bit more proactive & changed the name 10-20 years ago they could've gotten away with a switch to "Pigskins". It would have been a nice nod to the hogs fan group, while also acknowledging their presence as a historic franchise.

But because they waited until they were essentially forced to change the name, anything involving "-skins" wasn't going to fly.

13 hours ago, the admiral said:

I'm ready for them to do all these things at once.

homer GIF

• Like 5