NFL 2022 Changes

simtek34

14 hours ago, Discrim said:

Nashville Kats anyone? 

And it's a better logo set.

Nashville Kats Primary Logo - Arena Football League (Arena FL) - Chris  Creamer's Sports Logos Page - SportsLogos.Net

Nashville Kats Gallery | Trading Card DatabaseNashville Kats (AFL) (2007)

They used the same colors as well once the Titans moved into town so they don't have to do too much renovating of the uniforms. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

11 hours ago, ltjets21 said:

The colder months of the NFL season have sent me down a rabbit hole ever since I saw the Commanders still using year old WFT hand warmers. This is something I thought would be swapped out every year but this doesn't always seem to be the case especially with the Dolphins who continue to use plain Navy Hand Warmers for the last 10 plus years. This picture is from two years ago but I saw Jaylen Waddle waring the same one just two weeks ago. Here is Chad Pennington wearing the same thing 14 years ago. I understand things like parkas not being replaced but to have an out of uniform piece like this in todays day and age is surprising. Especially since team branded accessories have been a part of the NFL for 20 plus years now.

spacer.png

spacer.png

I can see it, aqua isn’t a readily available color and navy is still in their color scheme. Not the same shade of navy but still I can see them going “good enough” for something that’s worn for like 4 games

• Like 3

27 minutes ago, kmccarthy27 said:

Wasn't the Nashville Kats owned by the Titans? They existed in that era where all the NFL teams were buying/creating AFL teams because they got a huge TV deal so they decided to make it an essential NFL Developmental league. 

The original Kats weren't but the second Kats were. 

• Like 2

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

Alright now, hold on a second. A full rebrand of the Titans is not necessary. The major issues they have are with the uniform itself, not the colorway, logos, etc. To me, what's most critical is returning to a white helmet, because as many have pointed out, it gets lost in too many key lines on top of the navy blue shell. 

But a full overhaul would make me sad. The Titans before they started mixing and matching in the late 2000s/2010s had a modern classic identity.

• Like 9

1 minute ago, Brave-Bird 08 said:

Alright now, hold on a second. A full rebrand of the Titans is not necessary. The major issues they have are with the uniform itself, not the colorway, logos, etc. To me, what's most critical is returning to a white helmet, because as many have pointed out, it gets lost in too many key lines on top of the navy blue shell. 

But a full overhaul would make me sad. The Titans before they started mixing and matching in the late 2000s/2010s had a modern classic identity.

Make the top part light blue instead of gray for starters (and navy on the light blue jersey) and just ONE SHADE of said color. The every element needs a story is corny.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Brave-Bird 08 said:

I think a metallic silver or chrome or steel-shaded helmet would work really well for the titans. The logo would look great on it and it would play into their silly sword gimmick without being so over the top. 

then just a more basic uniform (or something similar to their original set) but add the silver / gray pants into the mix and we’re set. 

no need for full rebrand, no need for a drastic change, no need for any of that. 

• Like 4

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

2 hours ago, DCarp1231 said:

Go with Tennessee (Music) Titans and have something similar to the Hamilton Tiger Cats of the CFL with the 4 or 5 stripes on the shoulder to mimic guitar strings 

spacer.png

They could also do what Navy does (six stripes for the six fleets for the Mids) and still say they're supposed to be guitar strings. Another option would be to have these six thin stripes be vertical, stopping at the seam, with three light gray and three dark gray as a combination of guitar stripes and regular Titans' yokes that are supposed to be beveled. 

Navy Football 2021: Midshipmen look to right the ship

Titans could also do a helmet stripe like this lol

Mids Set to Make First Trip to West Point Since 1943 - Naval Academy  Athletics

• Like 2

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

25 minutes ago, WSU151 said:

They could also do what Navy does (six stripes for the six fleets for the Middies) and still say they're supposed to be guitar strings. Another option would be to have these six thin stripes be vertical, stopping at the seam, with three light gray and three dark gray as a combination of guitar stripes and regular Titans' yokes that are supposed to be beveled. 

Navy Football 2021: Midshipmen look to right the ship

Titans could also do a helmet stripe like this lol

Mids Set to Make First Trip to West Point Since 1943 - Naval Academy  Athletics

Yes, that helmet stripe 100% 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Brave-Bird 08 said:

The flaming thumbtack is definitely an issue

2 hours ago, Brave-Bird 08 said:

I’d like to see them return to a light blue helmet for the first time since the 1960s. Would certainly stand out. 

• Like 5

14 hours ago, Jymp said:

Ban me, seriously,  not bowing to silly wokeness.

I generally agree, and I will use the franchise's former name to refer to their old teams in other fora. But the mods have a very clear policy on no politics in these boards, and for good reason IMO. They also have a policy against using the old name. With those two policies in mind, any use of the old name would be inherently political and thus violate both. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, ManillaToad said:

The flaming thumbtack is definitely an issue

To each their own, but could not disagree more. For one, and maybe it's just me, but I am a huge fan of football logos that run directionally instead of being forward-facing, and their logo accomplishes that with the flames. The logo is, like their old uniforms, a modern classic. No touch! 

• Like 4

4 hours ago, BBTV said:

I think a metallic silver or chrome or steel-shaded helmet would work really well for the titans. The logo would look great on it and it would play into their silly sword gimmick without being so over the top. 

then just a more basic uniform (or something similar to their original set) but add the silver / gray pants into the mix and we’re set. 

no need for full rebrand, no need for a drastic change, no need for any of that. 

Agreed, this kind of silver shell would be very good for the Titans.

rutgers-football-silver-helmet-with-star

• Like 4

2 hours ago, MCM0313 said:

I’d like to see them return to a light blue helmet for the first time since the 1960s. Would certainly stand out. 

If anyone should switch to a light blue helmet, its the Panthers.

• Like 2