Vermont Green launch their first ever emblem.

VampyrRabbit

spacer.png

What a crest! Nice colors, very Vermont-y font, and no forced addition of FC, SC or United! MLS should take note.

• Like 8
  • Love 2

washingtonst.gif

My teams

NCAA: Washington State

MLB: Seattle Mariners

NFL: Seattle Seahawks

NBA: Portland Trailblazers

EPL: Liverpool FC

MLS: Seattle Sounders FC

NHL: Pittsburgh Penguins

It's well done, but it looks like the logo for an organic ice cream brand sold primarily at Whole Foods and farmers' markets . . . or a statewide initiative to promote recycling and composting.

• Like 4

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

I absolutely love it. It seems like the organic/environmental initiative look was what they were going for, and I think they nailed it. It’s a crest that can seamlessly live in both the soccer crest world and the environmental graphics world. It’s going to look awesome on t-shirts, hats, stickers, and other merch too. 

Also, that smiley faced mountain surprisingly works so well for two reasons: 1) it’s the element that drives home the environmental theme most, and 2) the smiley face itself acts as the completion of the inner roundel ring when paired with the sunburst, and gives your eye what it needs to see the roundel ring as opposed to without it.

Honestly, I think this was really, really well done  and I love it. I may have to grab some kind of merch soon. 

CCSLC%20Signature_1.png

6 hours ago, VampyrRabbitDesign said:

I think that was idea.

Probably so . . . and the designer delivered if that was the goal.

I don't think that approach is the right one for a soccer team, but reasonable minds can differ.

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

15 hours ago, Digby said:

It's a fourth-division team in a tiny hippie town that's not exactly a team-sports mecca. If that's not a place to get unconventional with soccer team branding, what is?

And it's owned by a renowned soccer brand designer.  Let the man play a little, he's earned it.

I guess, come to think of it, Burlington is a surprisingly decent little sports design town; the Vermont Expos and the first generation of the Lake Monsters were always fun, and I’ve always thought the Catamounts and their color scheme are a lowkey excellent college identity.

Showcasing fan-made sports apparel by artists and designers

• 2 months later...
On 2/17/2022 at 10:58 PM, TenaciousG said:

spacer.png

What a crest! Nice colors, very Vermont-y font, and no forced addition of FC, SC or United! MLS should take note.

bob ross life GIF

I really like the logo. Something different and that's what makes it good.

• Like 1

spacer.png

jCMXRTJ.png.c7b9b888fd36f93c327929ec580f08dc.png