Megaconference College Football by Hawkeye15 (Washington & Wazzu ... the end)

Hawkeye15

• Hawkeye15 changed the title to Megaconference College Football by Hawkeye15 (Florida State & Miami)
30 minutes ago, Hawkeye15 said:

HXemAOT.png

MfD8BgL.png

CNwakS8.png

• Take the classic U uniforms and incorporate the U logo into the sleeves.
  • I'm not sure if this works as well as I pictured it, so let me know what you think.

I feel like you're headed in the right direction with the Canes' uniforms. I think it would look better if you kept the logo orange and green with the white outline on all uniforms (like you have it on the header of the presentation). It'll help it from getting lost within the striping like it currently does. 

• Like 1

AM-JKLUm-gD6dFoY5MvQGgjXb2rzP7kMTHmGf8UsR6KOCYQnHU-0HSFi-zjXHepGDckUAHcduu3pVgvwxe06RKDW2y2Z2BmhEOe8OP-WSY1XqLT9KsQ0ZP75J9loQuNrvLW208pEWCg9jq8aNx-zFneH9aPQQA=w800-h112-no?authuser=0

spacer.png

U1dBqDQ.png

6uAXN5v.png

UA3TLrv.png

6CW2cLO.png

• Using the crown ODU logo exclusively: the lion logo seems to lose its detail in most applications.
  • Using far more silver and light blue than ODU's current designs.
  • Overall aim is a uniform that has a royal look to it to go with the crown logo.
  • Like 2

• Hawkeye15 changed the title to Megaconference College Football by Hawkeye15 (Liberty & Old Dominion)
  • Hawkeye15 changed the title to Megaconference College Football by Hawkeye15 (Marshall & Maryland)
On 5/18/2022 at 9:02 AM, Hawkeye15 said:

My proposal is for college football to move to megaconferences. Each Power 5 conference would absorb the Group of 5 teams to yield these conferences:

SEC: 28 teams

ACC: 28 teams

Big Ten: 26 teams

Big 12: 24 teams

Pac-12: 24 teams

Now there’s no glass ceiling on team in FBS. Every team, from Akron to Alabama, has a similar road map to the college football playoff. The only question left is scheduling. How do you schedule a 28-team conference? Algorithmic matching!

Here’s a template for what each individual teams’ schedule would look like:

spacer.png

Weeks 1 and 13 are prescheduled non-conference games. Weeks 2 and 3 are prescheduled conference games against randomly selected opponents, subject to playing one team from the top half of the previous year’s conference standings and one team from the bottom half.

Weeks 4 through 12 algorithmically match opponents every week, subject to prescheduled home/away designations throughout the year. Each team has one bye during this period and one prescheduled game against a rival.

The algorithm is quite simple. Line up each of the teams according to home and away designations and order them by conference standings. Match the top team set to play at home to the top team set to play on the road (if they have not already been scheduled to play each other), then go to the next team in the standings and proceed until all opponents have been matched. A poor team gets a fortunate schedule early on and wins some games? They will soon be scheduled with the giants. A great team loses a pair of close games right away? They will soon be scheduled with the minnows and elevated back up.

To avoid shenanigans, you would only sort the conference standings by conference record and then randomly order the teams with the same record. This also means there could be weekly scheduling shows to reveal the (quasi-) random matchups that were created.

Week 14 algorithmically matches opponents as well, but with no home/away designations set beforehand. This ensures that if a conference has 2 giants that have somehow avoided each other to the end, they will meet in the last week. Home and away would be decided post-matching by scheduling in the location opposite those teams’ last meeting. And if a matchup is a conference decider, the conference could turn it into a neutral site conference championship game.

I simulated the 2022-23 college football season and at the very end will reveal the resulting conference standings, the eight-team (!) playoff, and the national champion.

But first, onto the conferences where I have designed new uniform sets for every team under the constraint that a casual fan be able to notice that the uniform is different than it was before. Onto the SEC!

Two things: 1) The uniforms (so far) have been well thought out and have kept things simple. Nice work all around. 2) I love the ideas regarding scheduling and the conferences. While I realize there are guidelines in place for not going too far away from aesthetics-based concepts in this forum, I'd love to hear/see an explainer on how you did all the scheduling and simulation work.

This is very cool.

• Like 2

50QZunc.png

nCgqQy2.png

vohMtmq.png

• Sleeves feature the interlocking W from the academic logo. The actual interlocking W is a reflective material. \
  • The same reflective material forms the WF on a satin helmet. The Wake Forest standard black helmet with the gold WF makes for one of the most boring, forgettable helmets in college football. This is my attempt at giving it more character.
  • The reflective components have an outline with a secondary color that forms sort of a shadow for it.
  • The numbers are also outlined in the reflective material.
  • Like 4

• Hawkeye15 changed the title to Megaconference College Football by Hawkeye15 (NC State & Wake Forest)

ronXKTy.png

CWGLyBS.png

zMYnzpt.png

• Minor touchups for Pitt related to the pattern in the stripes. The current pattern is a poor nod to the cathedral of learning. The updated version should have a clearer interpretation.
  • The logo on the throwback helmet I had to create from scratch, so zoom in and appreciate the beauty (awfulness) of that thing.
  • Like 5

• Hawkeye15 changed the title to Megaconference College Football by Hawkeye15 (Pitt & West Virginia)
  • Hawkeye15 changed the title to Megaconference College Football by Hawkeye15 (Rutgers & UConn)
  • Hawkeye15 changed the title to Megaconference College Football by Hawkeye15 (Syracuse & Temple)
  • Hawkeye15 changed the title to Megaconference College Football by Hawkeye15 (Virginia & Virginia Tech)