Could there BE any more ads?

1 minute ago, CaliforniaGlowin said:

That's still par for the course for all handball teams to be fair. They get way less coverage than soccer over there so they make sure to fill in every bit of space available with ads. Same for ice hockey teams in most European countries. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

• 3 months later...

But at what point does having so many ads defeat the piont of advertising. Watching Tony Stewart race by in a Home Depot car does not make me want to go buy DirecTV because I saw it on the side of this car, and I can hardly see it because of all the other ads on the car. if your company doesn't get attention because of the sheer amount of  surrounding ads, then there is no point to the ad.

tony-stewart-drives-the-20-the-home-depo

33 minutes ago, LA Fakers+ LA Snippers said:

But at what point does having so many ads defeat the piont of advertising. Watching Tony Stewart race by in a Home Depot car does not make me want to go buy DirecTV because I saw it on the side of this car, and I can hardly see it because of all the other ads on the car. if your company doesn't get attention because of the sheer amount of  surrounding ads, then there is no point to the ad.

Yes, but you did see the ad, right? Plus, those contingency sponsors, as they're called, went on every single car. So you didn't just see it on a closeup of the Home Depot 20, but also the DuPont 24, M&M's 18, and so on. NASCAR doesn't have those anymore (no more sponsors willing to dole out that kind of cash) so nowadays some teams have their own contingency sponsors - logos that show up on every car but may not be a primary sponsor. I actually hadn't considered this before but I wouldn't be surprised to see leagues reserve spaces for league-wide deals, like NASCAR's old contingency sponsors.

• Like 1

the user formerly known as cdclt

21 minutes ago, CDCLT said:

Yes, but you did see the ad, right? Plus, those contingency sponsors, as they're called, went on every single car. So you didn't just see it on a closeup of the Home Depot 20, but also the DuPont 24, M&M's 18, and so on. NASCAR doesn't have those anymore (no more sponsors willing to dole out that kind of cash) so nowadays some teams have their own contingency sponsors - logos that show up on every car but may not be a primary sponsor. I actually hadn't considered this before but I wouldn't be surprised to see leagues reserve spaces for league-wide deals, like NASCAR's old contingency sponsors.

They already do with Nike, adidas ect.

1 hour ago, CDCLT said:

My memory says that MLB batting helmets are league wide ads.

• Like 2

5qWs8RS.png

Formerly known as DiePerske

I view motorsports sponsorships and all other sports sponsorships as - with motorsports sponsorships, they are the backbone of the financial structure of the racing team. Without sponsorships, a team can find themselves languishing in the back of the field...and unfortunately, too many racing teams have been taken advantage off by shady sponsors.

rAUPGPZ.png