Creamer Concept World Cup 2022 - The Intro Thread

rsaline

y4h2wx9.png

We’re back! Welcome everyone to the Creamer Concept World Cup 2022!

Are you ready to watch early morning soccer? Do you have a hankering for making some international soccer concepts? Do you secretly believe that Jon Hamm is a much better Santa Claus than Tim Allen? Then this is the concept contest for you!

This is a reboot of contests from 2014 and 2018. See these threads for inspiration:

2014:

2018:

Individuals wishing to sign up for this years' edition will be randomly assigned a team from the World Cup. Once you are assigned a team, you will be responsible for creating:

• A new team crest
  • A primary kit consisting of shirt, shorts, and socks
  • A clash kit consisting of shirt, shorts, and socks
  • A scarf related to the team (can be one-sided or two-sided)

HERE’S THE TWIST FOR 2022! Instead of limiting ourselves to 32 contestants with one team each, the group play portion of the contest will be split into four (4) periods, similar to Logolympiad.

• Each period consists of teams from two (2) World Cup Groups (i.e. Groups A & B )
  • Contestants who sign up will be randomly assigned one of the eight (8) teams from the combined group
    • We may get more than one concept submitted for each team if there are enough people who sign up
  • After receiving submissions for the combined group, everyone can vote
  • The top four (4) concepts from the combined group advance to the knockout round

This means that by the end of the group stage of the contest, contestants will have the opportunity to design concepts for up to four (4) different teams, all at random!

During the knockout tournament, the 16 top concepts will match up in a single-elimination tournament to determine the champion, runner-up, and third-place finishers. In the first round of the tournament, the #1 concept from one group will matchup against the #4 concept from another group. #2 and #3 concepts from the remaining groups will also match up against each other.

• To keep things fair/interesting, a single CCSLC member may have no more than two entries reach the semi-final round of voting
  • In the event a contestant has more than two entries expected to reach the semi-final round, the top two entries in terms of voting points will advance

Let’s talk about schedules. For the group stage, each combined group will have a 13-day sign-up/submission period, followed by 4 days of voting. To keep everything in line with the actual World Cup, there will be some overlap between the groups, so you could have two assignments at once. For the knockout tournament, each round will consist of a two-day voting period. The image below summarizes things pretty well.

ESBJPrC.png

Finally, here is a link to the full list of rules that I have so far. There are also some examples of the Group Stage and Knockout Tournament process that may be useful. Please use this thread to ask any questions about the process. I’ll try to add an FAQ section as things come up.

RULES

I will be posting separate threads for each group. These threads will detail the sign-up process, reiterate the submittal requirements and schedule, elaborate on how to submit your concept once your team has been assigned, and follow the voting process once concepts are submitted.

Best of luck!

• Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Applause 2

Frequently Asked Questions

Will I be assigned a team to design for?
Yes. After signing up in the designated Group submission thread (i.e. Group AB) you will be randomly assigned a country to design for. The sooner you sign up the sooner you get your team.

Can I submit for more than one team?
Kinda! You may sign up to design one (1) entry for each pair of groups for a total of four (4) concepts during the tournament.

Do uniforms need to be on a flat template?
No! You may use any template to show uniforms.

Are hand-drawn concepts welcome?
Yes!

Are additional elements related to the details of uniforms and scarves allowed?
Yes! You may include a number of items to convey additional details to voters. This may include: jersey details in callouts, examples of full number sets, mockups of jerseys on real players. However, the entry must be a single image (any size)

Are existing number/name fonts allowed?
Yes! You may use existing fonts as long as the badge, kit, and scarf designs are your own.

Can I change my concept after it has been submitted?
No! All submissions are final.

• Like 3
  • Love 1

4 hours ago, GriffinM6 said:

Question, it's just one pair of shorts and socks that we can show per kit? Just wanna make sure. 

Yes. Only include one jersey, shorts, and socks option for each kit that you design (primary/clash).

In the rules, it says the artistic description can be no more than 50 words. Can we put these 50 words on our submission image and include images of things that inspired certain design elements? Or should this just be something submitted in text in our submission email?

AM-JKLUm-gD6dFoY5MvQGgjXb2rzP7kMTHmGf8UsR6KOCYQnHU-0HSFi-zjXHepGDckUAHcduu3pVgvwxe06RKDW2y2Z2BmhEOe8OP-WSY1XqLT9KsQ0ZP75J9loQuNrvLW208pEWCg9jq8aNx-zFneH9aPQQA=w800-h112-no?authuser=0

spacer.png

1 hour ago, GriffinM6 said:

In the rules, it says the artistic description can be no more than 50 words. Can we put these 50 words on our submission image and include images of things that inspired certain design elements? Or should this just be something submitted in text in our submission email?

The intent was that any text outside of the single image be limited to 50 words. If you want to have "Nike speak" on your single image, that is okay too. Including images of inspiration on your entry is also okay.

• Like 1