North American Pro Soccer 2023

Brian in Boston

3 hours ago, Digby said:

If that stadium was a bit older I could see them getting the Chicago or Columbus or even Chivas/LAFC treatment to a stadium that's better located and a soft (or even full) relaunch. The Bay really ought to be a top market for the league, there is simply too much cultural and monetary capital sitting there, and the Quakes have underperformed wildly both on and off the pitch for a decade or more. That said, it's brazen and a gross precedent, made worse by the league's San Jose history.

Didnt they have a hard time getting the stadium built in that location in the first place? Plus with a historic Earthquakes name, would they leave San Jose for San Francisco? Or could they move to Levis? They already play one game a year at Stanford and they've played a couple at Levis over the last couple years.

Signature intentionally left blank

What a win for Cincinnati tonight! Amazing goals from Barreal, Boupendza and Acosta (coming after his contract extension), plus a clean sheet from Celentano. FCC is 3 points away from doing what many fans have thought was impossible after their first three seasons in MLS.  A win in Toronto next Saturday and Cincinnati will collect their first MLS trophy, the Supporters Shield (Technically, if Orlando wins out and Cincinnati loses their final four games, we tie, but FCC holds the tiebreakers). We've come a long way from winning the Supporters Shield in the final season in USL in 2018, to three straight wooden spoons entering MLS.

• Like 3

“a source indicated that Lionel Messi sustained a 2 cm hamstring tear, confirmed via MRI, likely shutting him down for the remainder of the MLS season. The injury was picked up during Argentina’s WCQ match against Ecuador before being reaggravated against Toronto.” Via

• Like 1
  • Dislike 1

8 hours ago, Dilbert said:

FC Cincinnati are Supporters Shield winners! MLS Cup runs through The Tickle (except for one game, thanks to the stupid new playoff format).

F7UXiWiW8AEOmyi?format=jpg&name=small

From three wooden spoons to the Silver plate. What a turnaround! 

• Like 2

PvO6ZWJ.png

With LAFC's loss to Real Salt Lake, St. Louis City SC has become the first expansion team to earn the number one seed in a conference. They have 2 games left to try and surpass LAFC's record for most points (58) in a season by an expansion team (they currently sit at 56).

• Like 1
  • Applause 1

I never know which one trys to make the game more about them than the other. Chris Penso or Ted Unkel?  Either way tonight was another horrible game of refball. At least we already clinched the Supporters shield.

Minnesota has parted ways with Adrian Heath. Including interim coaches, its the 11th coaching change since the season began.

NYRB-Struber and CHI-Hendrickson (5/8, mutual agreement)
MIA-Neville (6/1, fired)
TOR-Bradley (6/26, fired)
MIA- Morales (6/28, end of interim period)
POR-Savarese (8/21, fired)
COL- Fraser (9/5, fired)
NE- Arena (9/9, resigned) and Williams (9/12, mutual agreement)
TOR-Dunfield (9/30, end of interim period)
MIN-Heath (10/6, fired)

add the four offseason changes before the 2023 season began:
CBS- Porter (10/8/22, fired)
HOU- Bundy (11/8/22, end of interim period)
MTL- Nancy (12/6/22, signed with CBS)
SJ- Covelo (1/3, end of interim period)

15 coaching changes by 12 teams in a year seems awfully high.

• Like 1

FCC rebounded tonight by eliminating Inter Fort Lauderdale (with some help from CF Montreal) winning 1-0 thanks to Barreal.  Messi made his return in the second half but was a bit rusty.  The whole game was about him. Every stoppage, Apple panned to him on the bench. Had Taylor Swift attended the game, we wouldnt have seen a game at all as all cameras would have been on him.

Speaking of cameras. The Minnesota United match could not air on Apple tonight, as the in house crew at Minnesota went on strike tonight. Out of six cameras for the game 4 remained stationary and only 2 were manned. They also found a truck operator early this afternoon.

F74ChanWYAAlUro?format=jpg&name=medium

On 10/6/2023 at 1:03 PM, Dilbert said:

Minnesota has parted ways with Adrian Heath. Including interim coaches, its the 11th coaching change since the season began.

NYRB-Struber and CHI-Hendrickson (5/8, mutual agreement)
MIA-Neville (6/1, fired)
TOR-Bradley (6/26, fired)
MIA- Morales (6/28, end of interim period)
POR-Savarese (8/21, fired)
COL- Fraser (9/5, fired)
NE- Arena (9/9, resigned) and Williams (9/12, mutual agreement)
TOR-Dunfield (9/30, end of interim period)
MIN-Heath (10/6, fired)

add the four offseason changes before the 2023 season began:
CBS- Porter (10/8/22, fired)
HOU- Bundy (11/8/22, end of interim period)
MTL- Nancy (12/6/22, signed with CBS)
SJ- Covelo (1/3, end of interim period)

15 coaching changes by 12 teams in a year seems awfully high.

Add Wayne Rooney to the list now.  DC United and Rooney have mutually agreed to part ways. DC played their last game tonight and were eliminated. Rumors have Rooney going to Birmingham City

• Like 1

I went to my first MLS game this year, watching Seattle draw Vancouver. I think I saw Nico Loderio's last home game as a Sounder; it looked pretty final as he walked off the field.

One fun thing is they were selling merchandise with the new logo on it. The stuff with the orca sold out at every stand I saw.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

10 hours ago, DG_ThenNowForever said:

I went to my first MLS game this year, watching Seattle draw Vancouver. I think I saw Nico Loderio's last home game as a Sounder; it looked pretty final as he walked off the field.

One fun thing is they were selling merchandise with the new logo on it. The stuff with the orca sold out at every stand I saw.

Orca should have been involved in the primary. Just sayin. MLS current target audience are millennials and Gen Z. They grew up with the orca logo.  Space needle may scream Seattle, but the orca screams Sounders.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DG_ThenNowForever said:

I don't disagree. Space Needle representing the Sounders is super lame.

Maybe if enough y'all raise a big enough stank about it and lobby/campaign/demand that orca concept become your primary crest, y'all can get the club brass to cave and raise that orca to its deserved place of prominence...

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||