2023 Lacrosse

Jer15

It looks like the Owen Sound/Brampton issues that almost put the 2022 MSL season on the shelf are resolved.

The Peterborough Examiner had an article about this earlier in December and the league (see below picture) announced this as well.  
Still not sure if Brampton can use the Excelsiors name 

1672344872-full.jpg

• Like 1

GTA United(USA) 2015 + 2016 USA Champions/Toronto Maroons (ULL)2014, 2015 + 2022 Gait Cup Champions/Toronto Northmen (TNFF)

17 hours ago, tigers said:

Brampton could easily move on with a different nickname, logo, whole package. 

While it's not 100% clear  (the club says they were established in 1883 but 1912 seems to be the further record kept) there is over 110 years behind that name, 140 if the 1883 date is to be believed.

Let's call a spade a spade: they could go on with a different nickname and logo but it would be a big disappointment.  

• Like 1

GTA United(USA) 2015 + 2016 USA Champions/Toronto Maroons (ULL)2014, 2015 + 2022 Gait Cup Champions/Toronto Northmen (TNFF)

More on MSL from the LAX mag here

The short of it is that it seems all but certain that the Excelsiors will be the Brampton team name and that neither Owen Sound or Brampton are paying an expansion fee.

The other note is that Oakville has asked for a second 1-year hiatus so they are not allowed to participate in the draft but can protect 4 junior A graduates.

Looks like MSL will be a 6 team league this year and potentially a 7 team league in 2024. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Jer15 said:

More on MSL from the LAX mag here

The short of it is that it seems all but certain that the Excelsiors will be the Brampton team name and that neither Owen Sound or Brampton are paying an expansion fee.

The other note is that Oakville has asked for a second 1-year hiatus so they are not allowed to participate in the draft but can protect 4 junior A graduates.

Looks like MSL will be a 6 team league this year and potentially a 7 team league in 2024. 

Looks like they need a bit of stability so getting all of that team changes out of the way is a big step in the right direction.

Logano wins BOWL before Chargers.

Just now, tigers said:

Amazing.

Nice advertising with zero location.

I just don't understand this fascination of organisations playing these "HUB" schedules.

The location has been put out previously, but I guess they still feel they aren't in the shape to set up teams in home stadiums. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

14 minutes ago, MJWalker45 said:

The location has been put out previously, but I guess they still feel they aren't in the shape to set up teams in home stadiums. 

You'd feel a bit stiff if you were the Stadia and never got a mention in their schedule.

Travelling Circus's, it's all the rage atm.

27 minutes ago, tigers said:

You'd feel a bit stiff if you were the Stadia and never got a mention in their schedule.

Travelling Circus's, it's all the rage atm.

This was sent out in an email that probably mentions the stadium, but that is a valid point if it's not somewhere else.

• Like 1

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
11 hours ago, Jer15 said:

Very positive 

That's fantastic news.

Don't worry about trying to compete with some other sports at this time of the year, just get the supporters what they want and they'll come in droves.

First time watching sixes lacrosse (or at least PLL's variation of it). Not bad at all, it's been very enjoyable so far. I'd prefer for the quarters to be a little longer, but like the basketball-ish back and forth pace.

With that said I do not think the PLL regular season or NCAA should change to this format. If the Olympics are only willing to accept sixes lacrosse I wouldn't be upset over it.

• Like 1

Hotter Than July > Thriller

I enjoyed this more than I thought I would.  If the sixes format remains limited to the PLL championship series and possibly  international lacrosse I would be okay with that. As someone that enjoys good defensive play in sports I want traditional 10 vs 10 field lacrosse to remain as is (stated this in previous post).

Hotter Than July > Thriller

Well....after all that BS in MSL: Owen Sound is "sitting out the season.".

There's literally no social media presence, no web site, no confirmation of an agreement for the team to play anywhere (the assumption would be at The Harry Lumley Bayshore Community Centre - home of the OHL's Attack).

Seems to me more and more that Joe Norton has no clue what he's doing. I wouldn't be surprised if this Owen Sound team never ends up playing a game.

• 1 month later...