2023 Lacrosse

Jer15

The NLL camps have opened so I figured it was time to start the 2023 thread....even if we're still a few months away from 2023.

A couple items of note. The Rock have added a new home uniform shoulder patch:

This year the Las Vegas Desert Dogs will also enter the league. This is the new expansion team to play at the former Mandalay Bay arena on the strip in Vegas. The team is owned by Joseph Tsai (who also owns the San Diego Seals and the Brooklyn Nets), Wayne Gretzky, Steve Nash and Dustin Johnson.

The team has opted to use black and white as their colour scheme and the jerseys are basically plain with a couple stripes on the arms. Some promotional pics (below) show that the shorts will have some diagonal stripes too. 

Based on these promo pics i've seen so far it looks like New York will have 2 jersey sponsors and may half the league will have 1

GTA United(USA) 2015 + 2016 USA Champions/Toronto Maroons (ULL)2014, 2015 + 2022 Gait Cup Champions/Toronto Northmen (TNFF)

5 hours ago, Ferdinand Cesarano said:

The Las Vegas jerseys would be so much better without the lettering. Let the logo carry it.

They've also tried to be too Black and White, Las Vegas is full of lights and lasers and over the top nonsense.

Sad they want to follow the Raiders and not be their own entity.

• Like 1

Logano wins BOWL before Chargers.

When they first announced the Championship Series was going to be a winter tournament, I assumed it was going to be held some place warm like Florida or California. It's going to be at an indoor sports facility in nearby Springfield, Virginia called The St. James which I never heard of before today.

Hotter Than July > Thriller

12 hours ago, 4_tattoos said:

When they first announced the Championship Series was going to be a winter tournament, I assumed it was going to be held some place warm like Florida or California. It's going to be at an indoor sports facility in nearby Springfield, Virginia called The St. James which I never heard of before today.

The St. James is mostly known as a large indoor waterpark. The facilities are nice from what I remember. There is also one in Reston.

• 2 weeks later...

The NLL returns this weekend! I'm super excited for this season, so I thought I'd put a little 2022-23 prediction together.

WEST

San Diego 14-4

Colorado 11-7

Panther City 10-8

Vancouver 8-10

Saskatchewan 8-10

Calgary 6-12

Las Vegas 4-14

EAST

Toronto 13-5

Buffalo 12-6

Halifax 11-7

New York 10-8

Philadelphia 9-9*

Georgia 7-11

Albany 7-11

Rochester 5-13

Colorado edges past San Diego in three games in the West Final, while Toronto sweeps Buffalo in the East Final. 

Toronto defeats Colorado in three games for the championship.

On another note, I really hope the league itself is in a good spot. It seems like Nicky Sak did pretty well as commissioner, I hope we see more of the same from Brett Frood.

• Like 1
sport-scarf_vikes_zps08004021.png

On 12/2/2022 at 11:25 AM, pluggerplugger1 said:

The NLL returns this weekend! I'm super excited for this season, so I thought I'd put a little 2022-23 prediction together.

WEST

San Diego 14-4

Colorado 11-7

Panther City 10-8

Vancouver 8-10

Saskatchewan 8-10

Calgary 6-12

Las Vegas 4-14

EAST

Toronto 13-5

Buffalo 12-6

Halifax 11-7

New York 10-8

Philadelphia 9-9*

Georgia 7-11

Albany 7-11

Rochester 5-13

Colorado edges past San Diego in three games in the West Final, while Toronto sweeps Buffalo in the East Final. 

On another note, I really hope the league itself is in a good spot. It seems like Nicky Sak did pretty well as commissioner, I hope we see more of the same from Brett Frood.

Still a stupid name.  👎

On 12/2/2022 at 12:25 PM, pluggerplugger1 said:

WEST

San Diego 14-4

Colorado 11-7

Panther City 10-8

Vancouver 8-10

Saskatchewan 8-10

Calgary 6-12

Las Vegas 4-14

EAST

Toronto 13-5

Buffalo 12-6

Halifax 11-7

New York 10-8

Philadelphia 9-9*

Georgia 7-11

Albany 7-11

Rochester 5-13

I hope your prediction is correct. I guessed it'd be toronto v San Diego bit I'll take toronto beating anyone. ;)

I'm optimistic that Brett Frood will do well. It will be less "sexy" in the sense that it will be less big moves and more stability moves (like the agreement with the players this off season) but I think that's OK after Nick's run had a bunch of expansion.

• Like 2

GTA United(USA) 2015 + 2016 USA Champions/Toronto Maroons (ULL)2014, 2015 + 2022 Gait Cup Champions/Toronto Northmen (TNFF)

3 hours ago, GDAWG said:

if you gave a casual lacrosse fan a list of teams in the NLL and they saw "Panther City" their first response is "where's that?" and when you tell them it's Fort Worth, they will ask you "then why are they not called Fort Worth?"

I'd still say where's that.

There is no other Texas side so until another one popped up TEXAS PANTHERS Lacrosse would of been nice 

On 12/3/2022 at 4:25 AM, pluggerplugger1 said:

WEST

San Diego 14-4

Colorado 11-7

Panther City 10-8

Vancouver 8-10

Saskatchewan 8-10

Calgary 6-12

Las Vegas 4-14

EAST

Toronto 13-5

Buffalo 12-6

Halifax 11-7

New York 10-8

Philadelphia 9-9*

Georgia 7-11

Albany 7-11

Rochester 5-13

My predictions

WEST

San Diego

SAS

Vancouver

Colorado

Calgary

Panthers

Las Vegas

EAST

Toronto

Halifax

NY

Philly

Buffalo

Rochester

Georgia

Albany

Halifax for the Title

• Like 1

Riddle me this Batman.

How do two goalies from the same team get the win?

Alex Buque and Doug Jamieson from Albany both got a win.

Yet Ryan Hartley got a win and Craig Wende got a loss from the Knighthawks ?

• 2 weeks later...

The good news continues! I read Vegas drew over 7000 as well. 

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...