2023 Lacrosse

Jer15

11 minutes ago, GDAWG said:

So if Lacrosse was ever an Olympic sport, would the players from the Iroquous Nation be dispersed among USA and Canada?  

https://www.cbc.ca/sports/olympics/iroquois-lacrosse-team-olympic-competition-1.5948810

They're trying to compete as the Iroquois Nation in 2028. The article mentions that they'd "have to prove to the International Olympic Committee that they represent a sovereign nation distinct from Canada or the United States." 

I personally hope they get the chance. 

• Like 2

AmPJ0Ty.png 

4 hours ago, colinturner95 said:

https://www.cbc.ca/sports/olympics/iroquois-lacrosse-team-olympic-competition-1.5948810

They're trying to compete as the Iroquois Nation in 2028. The article mentions that they'd "have to prove to the International Olympic Committee that they represent a sovereign nation distinct from Canada or the United States." 

I personally hope they get the chance. 

It would be interesting to see if the IOC grants them this chance.  The issue is that may cause a slippery slope of other groups saying "wait, if they can compete in the Olympics?  Why can't we?" which would be met with resistance from actual countries.  

However, there's no guarantee that Lacrosse will be an Olympic sport in 2028.  The NFL is pushing for Flag Football in 2028 and also Baseball is under consideration.  

Jamaica has been undefeated thus far. Going to find out just how good they truly are in the quarterfinals against Canada tomorrow! They've looked good against New Zealand and European teams, but North America lacrosse is the real deal. 

Wish them the best! 🤞🏾👍🏾

Hotter Than July > Thriller

A pity it's going to be a North American Final but it's good seeing a few countries in the finals system like you mentioned Jamaica even though they just beat Italy, but how good has Hong Kong and Ireland been?

I don't understand why Pool A has the best nations all in it.

Logano wins BOWL before Chargers.

10 minutes ago, tigers said:

A pity it's going to be a North American Final

10 minutes ago, tigers said:

I don't understand why Pool A has the best nations all in it.

An all North American final was likely going to happen regardless of how the groups were selected 

2 hours ago, 4_tattoos said:

An all North American final was likely going to happen regardless of how the groups were selected 

How do the Haudensaunee work?
Are they chosen for their country then their culture nation or vice versa?

Logano wins BOWL before Chargers.

Rough outing for Jamaica. They have a ways to go before they can challenge the big 3 in North America. However, they may set a foundation for becoming one of the top lacrosse nations outside the continent if they can build off the success they had in the tournament prior to today's loss.

• 1 month later...

That is a seriously old school lacrosse look.  Is the PLL already doing fauxbacks?

• Like 1

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

48 minutes ago, MJWalker45 said:

This is the second year for fauxbacks. 

I'm mad that I missed that before.

I was born in 1967 and grew up in Maryland.  This is what lacrosse uniforms are supposed to look like.  😛

EDIT:  My high school could have very easily worn that Chaos jersey circa 1987,

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

8 minutes ago, leopard88 said:

I'm mad that I missed that before.

I was born in 1967 and grew up in Maryland.  This is what lacrosse uniforms are supposed to look like.  😛

EDIT:  My high school could have very easily worn that Chaos jersey circa 1987,

My high school football team basically wore something similar to that, but in Cleveland Browns colors. 

• Like 1

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

36 minutes ago, raysox said:

I think the 2022 fauxbacks are stronger than this year's, but they're selling authentic jerseys with the mesh now compared to last year doing replicas so that's kind of nice.

Not paying 165 American Schillings for one though. 

• Like 1

AmPJ0Ty.png 

8 hours ago, MJWalker45 said:

My high school football team basically wore something similar to that, but in Cleveland Browns colors. 

Makes me wonder if any school/team ever had a set of jerseys pull double duty between football and lacrosse. At a point between the late 80's and mid 90's some jerseys for each sport essentially had the same layout. Particularly the short cut/mid drift era of jerseys.

• Like 4