2023 Lacrosse

Jer15

On 8/15/2023 at 8:26 PM, 4_tattoos said:

Makes me wonder if any school/team ever had a set of jerseys pull double duty between football and lacrosse. At a point between the late 80's and mid 90's some jerseys for each sport essentially had the same layout. Particularly the short cut/mid drift era of jerseys.

Problem is the schools big enough to have both teams probably have the finances for two sets of uniforms. 

1 hour ago, 4_tattoos said:

This seven team playoff nonsense needs to end. Seriously hope they reduce it to top four in the near future.

May be an image of text that says 'IF THE PLAYOFFS STARTED TODAY QUARTERFINALS SEPTEMBER4 CANNONS SEMIFINALS SEPTEMBER10 ATLAS CHAMPIONSHIP NSHIP SEPTEMBER24 WATERDOGS REDWOODS ARCHERS WHIPSNAKES CHAOS 2 CHAMPIONSHIP ALL GAMES STREAMING ON ESPI'

I don't think we'll see it drop that much, possibly top 6. But I hate playoffs where everyone in the league is all but guaranteed a spot.

• Like 1

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

1 hour ago, MJWalker45 said:

I don't think we'll see it drop that much, possibly top 6. But I hate playoffs where everyone in the league is all but guaranteed a spot.

Rabil's justification for the screwy playoff formats this league has been using was wanting players to get as many game checks as possible. I think there is a way to do that without allowing 87.5% of the league in to the playoffs. My solution, send the teams eliminated from playoff contention on an international tour. While the top 4 (in my ideal PLL) teams battle it out for the league championship, the bottom four could play exhibition games against national teams from outside North America. They could vlog it and everything 🤷🏾‍♂️

• Like 2

Hotter Than July > Thriller

3 hours ago, 4_tattoos said:

This seven team playoff nonsense needs to end. Seriously hope they reduce it to top four in the near future.

May be an image of text that says 'IF THE PLAYOFFS STARTED TODAY QUARTERFINALS SEPTEMBER4 CANNONS SEMIFINALS SEPTEMBER10 ATLAS CHAMPIONSHIP NSHIP SEPTEMBER24 WATERDOGS REDWOODS ARCHERS WHIPSNAKES CHAOS 2 CHAMPIONSHIP ALL GAMES STREAMING ON ESPI'

Holding out hope for 2 new teams when they settle into home cities, then they could go to 6 teams in the playoffs with 10 total teams. 

• Like 1

AmPJ0Ty.png 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
14 hours ago, pluggerplugger1 said:

I personally love the change. It's been long overdue for each team to play each opponent once each season. I do wonder how it will impact some of the smaller franchises though, like Panther City or Albany.

Would it have any impact? Some of the travel would be a bit further but they're still playing the same amount of games.

IbjBaeE.png