New NBC logo.

TrueYankee26

On 12/10/2022 at 5:06 AM, Ferdinand Cesarano said:

I am glad that the change is subtle enough that my several NBC hats won't seem outdated.

My CBS hat now has a bit of a "classic" feel with the change in typeface of that logo.  But the NBC change is less, so I can still pretend that my hats are current.

Are you being sarcastic or do you really have hats for news stations?

12 hours ago, Ferdinand Cesarano said:

I have several NBC hats (including one for NBC Sports), as well as a CBS hat. In addition, I have hats of ABC, ESPN, CNN,  MSNBC, and HBO. 

I dig broadcasting.

That's quite the corporate collection.  Hopefully they're paying you to wear those logos. 

• LOL 3

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

19 minutes ago, WSU151 said:

That's quite the corporate collection.  Hopefully they're paying you to wear those logos. 

They are paying me the same that the various sports teams are paying me.  

Alongside the hats of those networks, I have hats with the logos of shows including Seinfeld, The Office (and also a couple of Dunder Mifflin hats), Late Night with David Letterman, Late Show with David Letterman, and Curb Your Enthusiasm.  Then there are the hats featuring Bugs Bunny's face and the Superman logo, and those with the logos of White Castle, Subway, and Popeyes.  I have hats with the New York City flag and hats with the logos of various departments of the municipal government, hats with the name of the borough of Queens and the name of my section of that borough, a hat with the logo of the New York State MTA, and one specifically of the J train.

Of course I have plenty of hats with sports logos, as well as several relating to politics and to Esperanto, and many, many others, including a couple with the initial F in various styles, and one with my full name on it.  At last count I have about 170 hats.  Each of them says something about me that I am pleased to project.

• Like 6
  • Applause 2

logo-diamonds-for-CC-no-photo-sig.png

5 minutes ago, alexandre said:

Apologies for going off topic here but...what kind of hats relate to Esperanto?

This one, for example:

la-pensema-Esperantisto.png

And I have another one with the green star below the word "Esperanto". 

(By the way, the Esperanto holiday is Thursday of this week. So these hats will be getting a lot of use in the coming days. Surhavi ilin estas tre plaĉe!)

logo-diamonds-for-CC-no-photo-sig.png

On 12/9/2022 at 6:06 PM, TrueYankee26 said:

https://www.newscaststudio.com/2022/12/07/nbc-new-peacock-logo/

New Logo:

spacer.png

And difference between old and new peacock

spacer.png

Edit: Forgot the old/new typeface difference so I will add it here

spacer.png

Show these to the general public--shoot, even most logo nerds like us--and without the side-by-side comparisons I guarantee you 99% of people would think you were pulling their arm about the logo update.

Some people ask "why touch something that didn't need to be touched?" I'll tell you exactly why they did it: optimized legibility and readability in the digital space.

It's not something you notice or care about until someone points it out to you--but look real quick at the smaller words, fonts, and icons on the screen in front of you. Notice how much easier it is to read some of the type, and how much easier it is to recognize certain shapes with slightly increased spacing and slightly heavier weight? (And if your eye is REALLY keen, notice how you see no serif fonts on this screen, and rarely if ever on any website? That's because sans serif is more legible and readable on screen whereas serif type is more legible in print--though the more digitized this world becomes, even that line becomes increasingly blurred.) I also noticed they optimized the colors in the peacock's feathers...they appear a couple tints brighter now. All that again is just helping in recognizability in the digital space.  All those little optimization measures make a big difference when viewed at thumbnail icon sizes.

• Like 7

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

2 hours ago, Ferdinand Cesarano said:

They are paying me the same that the various sports teams are paying me.  

Alongside the hats of those networks, I have hats with the logos of shows including Seinfeld, The Office (and also a couple of Dunder Mifflin hats), Late Night with David Letterman, Late Show with David Letterman, and Curb Your Enthusiasm.  Then there are the hats featuring Bugs Bunny's face and the Superman logo, and those with the logos of White Castle, Subway, and Popeyes.  I have hats with the New York City flag and hats with the logos of various departments of the municipal government, hats with the name of the borough of Queens and the name of my section of that borough, a hat with the logo of the New York State MTA, and one specifically of the J train.

Of course I have plenty of hats with sports logos, as well as several relating to politics and to Esperanto, and many, many others, including a couple with the initial F in various styles, and one with my full name on it.  At last count I have about 170 hats.  Each of them says something about me that I am pleased to project.

You sound like me with T-shirts. If it has a cool design on it, its hard for me to put it back on the shelf/rack.

• Like 1

AmPJ0Ty.png