2023-24 NHL Jersey Changes

Chewbacca

1 hour ago, Ark said:

If the striping was better they would be pretty good.

The logo's are still waaay too big.  The star should be about the size of the NHL shield.  The colours are passable.

• Like 2

I had a graphic design teacher once say that he tossed a kid a quarter and told him, "Here's a quarter. Go call your momma and tell her that you're not gonna be a a graphic designer!" Can we toss that same quarter to Bieber and say, "Here's a quarter, go call your momma and tell her that you suck at design."

• LOL 1

3 hours ago, Morgan33 said:

The colours are passable.

Disagree. Really don't like the yellow star theme this year. Heard it compared to Carl's Jr/Hardee's and Mario Party. Not exactly the height of hockey uniform design.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, ruttep said:

Not a fan

I didn't think someone like JB and his crew to take an All-Star Game jersey and go balls to the walls, but here we are. The craziest, ugliest, and most ball-busting sets to ever grace the NHL (and the hockey world in general). The loud freestyle NHL shield with the giant star behind, the Adidas three stripes that came loose from their 2016 national team jerseys, the most eye-catching, eye-bleach-worthy colours that they chose.

There's never a single inch of micro-sized, smaller than an atom :censored: throughout the whole design process. There's no regret, comeuppance, remorse, or even forgiveness found in these suckers. The fire department had to be called in because the kitchen that they used was now burning to the ground. If JB and Drew House are war criminals, their work of art is a mass genocide against every hockey fan on the whole internet.

But you know what? This is their purpose. Their intention. Their entire objective is to create a jersey so loud and offensive that everybody got suckered in talking about it for hours on end. We all be yelling about how butt ugly it is, and how much pain we take to our eyes just by taking a glance at it.

Well done, Justin Bieber. You made Buffalo's turdburger look like Venus de Milo in comparison. Well done.

On a serious note, though, I can appreciate how crazy these jerseys are despite what everybody is saying right now. This has the potential to be the Guilty Pleasure moment of 2024. I can't help but to admit that I dig it, despite all the flaws present here that people mentioned here.

• Like 1
  • Applause 2
  • LOL 5

11 hours ago, ruttep said:

Not a fan

If I didn't know that ASG is in Toronto I'd say that Nashville is a host thanks to sleeves design.

Lower case nameplate below a numbers is weird as hell.

image0.jpg?ex=65b5ae54&is=65a33954&hm=46

Overall for me it look like someone from 2004 wanted to make a throwback to 1994.

• Like 1
  • LOL 1

4r2eer.png

11 hours ago, Patchey13 said:

Never let Bieber/Toronto cook again. Absolute monstrosity. They've lost all kitchen privileges after whipping up those piles of :censored:

They should have had their privileges permanently revoked after that reversible alternate.  If there was ever a jersey to sum up everything wrong with hockey design in the 2020's, it's that.  Miraculously, these All Star jerseys are even worse.

3 hours ago, pepis21 said:

If I didn't know that ASG is in Toronto I'd say that Nashville is a host thanks to sleeves design.

Lower case nameplate below a numbers is weird as hell.

image0.jpg?ex=65b5ae54&is=65a33954&hm=46

Overall for me it look like someone from 2004 wanted to make a throwback to 1994.

Wait I didn't even see this photo yet. Gimmicky nameplate font underneath gimmicky number font? That makes it 100000x worse. What kind of basketball uniform bull💩 is this?? 

Implying that these uniforms would belong more to Nashville is an insult to Nashville.

11 hours ago, Patchey13 said:

Never let Bieber/Toronto cook again

Agreed.

This isn't even a case of the jerseys could look better with the rest of the gear. These are irredeemable.

Wasn't planning on watching the All Star Game, and this isn't exactly convincing me to.

13 hours ago, Patchey13 said:

Never let Bieber/Toronto cook again. 

"Cooking" and the license thereof might be the fastest slang burnout of all time. Jesus Christ.

• Eyeroll 1

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

5 hours ago, pepis21 said:

I think someone from 2004 would have more design sense.  Look at the All Star jerseys from that year.

5 hours ago, Bayne said:

That looks very unresolved.

The logo or the jersey?  

10 minutes ago, VampyrRabbit said:

Many Reebok Edge jerseys did due to how empty the hem was. It felt like the designers just left that space blank.

It's because the Reebok Edge jerseys were originally designed to be tucked in.  Fortunately, many owners rebelled including Peter Karmanos who insisted the Hurricanes retain their warning flag striping.

• Like 1

I don’t hate these as much as I probably should. I wouldn’t buy one, but if you’re going to go bold with a design, the All Star Game is the time to do it. I also prefer having 4 different jerseys instead of 2. 

I’m calling it now, give it 30 years and these will be seen as beloved classics. 

• Like 2
  • LOL 1

13 minutes ago, spartacat_12 said:

I’m calling it now, give it 30 years and these will be seen as beloved classics. 

No, because that would require the NHL All-Star Game having a cachet that it does not have.

• Like 2

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

1 hour ago, spartacat_12 said:

Is any All Star Game jersey really revered as a classic?  Minnesota's get a lot of praise but I don't think anyone would call either of them a classic design.  Maybe the Orange and Black ones from the early 90's?