2023-24 NHL Jersey Changes

Chewbacca

19 minutes ago, ruttep said:

Watching Rangers/Canucks tonight reminded me how much I disliked the Canucks removing stripes from their pants:

spacer.png

spacer.png

What was the point of removing stripes? Either leave well enough alone or make the thickness of the stripes match those on the jersey and stockings.

• Like 5

9 hours ago, VampyrRabbit said:

What was the point of removing stripes? Either leave well enough alone or make the thickness of the stripes match those on the jersey and stockings.

No idea why they thought removing it was necessary. I'm not sure whether it significantly impacts the look of their overall uniform that much or not, but I can't see how it could be seen as that much of an improvement.  Not sure I would have advocated for a similar striping pattern to match that of the jerseys though, that feels like it wouldn't look right.

I'm Danny fkn Heatley, I play for myself. That's what fkn all stars do.

4 hours ago, Lights Out said:

I actually like the sleeve stripes, weird as they are. I wish the hem stripes matched.

The logo doesn't suit the design very well, though.

That logo is just not designed to be on the front of a jersey. There's a reason the only time it ever was put on a jersey it led to the most hated design in franchise history.

3 minutes ago, ruttep said:

This is dumb -- there's a reason that every single league in the world makes players wear their actual last names.

That's actually not true, at least not across all sports.

Soccer at the very least has some first names and some other names. Ie, Javier Hernandez wears Chicharito on his jersey.

• Like 1

5qWs8RS.png

Formerly known as DiePerske

Apologies if this has been talked about in this thread -- I have not seen anything about this, but it would appear that the Coyotes have new red helmets this season.

Tonight is the first time that the red alternates have been worn this season. The helmets have a matte finish (which I can't recall seeing in the NHL before? Anyone know??)

spacer.png

Last season, I am pretty sure there was just the normal "glossy" helmet finish.

spacer.png

Personally I kind of like it as something different in the league , and the matte finish plays off of the muted tones of the jersey.

• Like 8

2 hours ago, elliott said:

Apologies if this has been talked about in this thread -- I have not seen anything about this, but it would appear that the Coyotes have new red helmets this season.

Tonight is the first time that the red alternates have been worn this season. The helmets have a matte finish (which I can't recall seeing in the NHL before? Anyone know??)

spacer.png

Last season, I am pretty sure there was just the normal "glossy" helmet finish.

spacer.png

Personally I kind of like it as something different in the league , and the matte finish plays off of the muted tones of the jersey.

Kassian and I believe Boyd also had matte helmets last year, though in that case it was likely down to helmet model since they both used a Bauer 4500 instead of a CCM or Bauer ReAkt like the rest of the team;

spacer.png

I guess the team liked how it looked and decided to adopt the matte look as standard.

• Like 2

On 10/28/2023 at 11:54 PM, VampyrRabbit said:

I wonder if they did it so that you wouldn’t occasionally see the stripes on the blue pants underneath the black pant shells they wear over the blue pants when they wear the Skate alternate.

• Eyeroll 1

12 hours ago, ruttep said:

This is dumb -- there's a reason that every single league in the world makes players wear their actual last names.

Well MLB did do the Players Weekend jerseys that had nicknames on the back, and the NBA did nickname jerseys 10 years ago as well.

It would just be boring in hockey because 95% of the jerseys would just have a 'Y' or an 'ER' added to the end of the guy's name.

• Like 3
  • LOL 1

I'm not sure where to find it. Can someone help me find what the Heritage Classic Ticket looks like. I use the phone to scan my ticket. I plan to make them in Photoshop to print out and put on a cardboard or something. I wanna see there was an actual design before making it. Unless I have to do my own design

15 minutes ago, JohnnyCowboy5 said:

I'm not sure where to find it. Can someone help me find what the Heritage Classic Ticket looks like. I use the phone to scan my ticket. I plan to make them in Photoshop to print out and put on a cardboard or something. I wanna see there was an actual design before making it. Unless I have to do my own design

Good luck finding anything, I would assume it was strictly digital only as that's been the trend in the industry.

13 hours ago, Chewbacca said:

I wonder if they did it so that you wouldn’t occasionally see the stripes on the blue pants underneath the black pant shells they wear over the blue pants when they wear the Skate alternate.

If that was the reasoning, it's stupid since their expansion brothers prove you can have both blue pants with a stripe and a black stripeless shell for the alternate without causing much of an issue.

• Like 1