2023 NFL Season week by week uniform match-up combos: From HOF Game to Super Bowl LVIII

canzman

8 minutes ago, Cujo said:

One final time... 

SOCKS ARE RIP.

LEGGINGS ARE GOING NOWHERE.

IT'S NOT 1980 ANYMORE.

YOU DON'T LIVE IN CLEVELAND.

Ok then 15 years ago did people say?

SLEEVE STRIPES ARE RIP.

JERSEY PIPING IS GOING NOWHERE.

IT'S NOT 1980 ANYMORE.

Trends are trends and I'm sure eventually there will be leggings made to mimic socks with stripes and will thus kill the leotard look. Just because it's a trend doesn't mean its looks good. And if you can't complain about it on this forum, there where would you? It's beaten to death, so I get your point. But, it really is a dead horse that deserves the beating it is getting. 

• Like 8
  • Applause 1

2 minutes ago, PlayGloria said:

Ok then 15 years ago did people say?

SLEEVE STRIPES ARE RIP.

JERSEY PIPING IS GOING NOWHERE.

IT'S NOT 1980 ANYMORE.

Trends are trends and I'm sure eventually there will be leggings made to mimic socks with stripes and will thus kill the leotard look. Just because it's a trend doesn't mean its looks good. And if you can't complain about it on this forum, there where would you? It's beaten to death, so I get your point. But, it really is a dead horse that deserves the beating it is getting. 

Furthermore, Green Bay doesn't leotard. Pitt doesn't leotard. We just saw the Chiefs do it and it looked terrible compared to their normal set. It's not like it's impossible to wear contrasting socks. 

• Like 4

48 minutes ago, Cujo said:

One final time... 

SOCKS ARE RIP.

IT'S NOT 1980 ANYMORE.

What's that got to do with leggings looking bad?

• Like 1
  • Applause 3

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

53 minutes ago, Cujo said:

One final time... 

SOCKS ARE RIP.

IT'S NOT 1980 ANYMORE.

Bro chill. This is a message board about uniform aesthetics. Obviously you're correct. You don't need to throw a tantrum when someone comments on the aesthetics of a football uniform. 

And no, I don't live in Cleveland. You were correct about that.

3 hours ago, VikWings said:

Was thinking the Vikings may break out the Throwbacks for MNF but I think they'll wait for the Bears (this surely gets flexed) or Packers (this might be too) games to do that.

I think it might be Color Rush, assuming that is still in the rotation. It’s unclear what their plan is with alternates for the remainder of the season.

48 minutes ago, PurpleHayes said:

And TV numbers...they seem to be an endangered species too.

As well as good taste!

I hate it too. But this is 2023. And reality of modern uniform aesthetics are is setting in.

6uXNWAo.png

Just now, oldschoolvikings said:

Did you notice there's gray on the pants, but nowhere else?

I'm totally fine with it. 3 colors. And 3 colors that don't clash with another shade.

Do I need to post the palette again? 

• Like 1

6uXNWAo.png

Why can’t Dallas just throw the regular white jersey in the dumpster?

The CR jersey and the navy jersey work together hand-in-hand. It has all anyone asks for. A singular blue, no use of black, matching number fonts, the outlines of the numbers matching the logo. Just the shear uniformity. Chef kiss.

• Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Applause 1
  • Meh 1

20 minutes ago, ruttep said:

Navy blue and white is the most boring color combo in sports. It works for teams like the Yankees that have been wearing it forever, but not anyone else.

Yup, this uniform is boring. Removing the silver helmet was a terrible idea. Now there is only silver on the pant stripe.

• Like 2

Insane how the Dallascowboys are wearing a uniform that is actually uniform, by definition -- but people are outraged and think their standard white unis that look like absolute dogshyte are better. 

• Like 2

6uXNWAo.png