2023 NFL Season week by week uniform match-up combos: From HOF Game to Super Bowl LVIII

canzman

16 hours ago, sudden said:

Better than the 🥶 look, but I miss the Texans wearing red socks with their white jerseys and blue pants. They were one of the first “leggings” offenders; they’ve been wearing blue pants and blue socks together since 2009. 

1 hour ago, MCM0313 said:

Better than the 🥶 look, but I miss the Texans wearing red socks with their white jerseys and blue pants. They were one of the first “leggings” offenders; they’ve been wearing blue pants and blue socks together since 2009. 

Man I miss their proper road look. Damn losing streak. 

Even the one time they wore it white socks with it was better. 

1 hour ago, gothedistance said:

Texans have worn all white on the road on very rare occasions, like last year at Las Vegas. This week would have been a good time to do that with the Bengals going mono-black.

I'm not sure why all white should necessarily be worn against all black, but Cincy isn't wearing all black this week. 

• Like 1

On 11/9/2023 at 11:22 PM, ruttep said:

Metallic-colored helmets should always be worn with metallic-colored pants. That's what it comes down to.

I give an exception if it's dark color pants.  BC used to look really nice with their gold-white-maroon outfit.  But definitely no white - and no other exceptions.  Same goes for yellow and any other light-colored helmet.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

37 minutes ago, BBTV said:

I give an exception if it's dark color pants.  BC used to look really nice with their gold-white-maroon outfit.  But definitely no white - and no other exceptions.  Same goes for yellow and any other light-colored helmet.

Fair, as long as "dark-colored" doesn't include black.

1 hour ago, ruttep said:

Fair, as long as "dark-colored" doesn't include black.

Remember though when even dark colored pants used to be metallic?

Like for example not only did the Saints have shiny gold pants, but even their black pants were as well. Although some teams still had non metallic pants during the Reebok days like the 49ers and Giants.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, kaleb_girod said:

Remember though when even dark colored pants used to be metallic?

Like for example not only did the Saints have shiny gold pants, but even their black pants were as well. Although some teams still had non metallic pants during the Reebok days like the 49ers and Giants.

Pepperidge Farm remembers. 

15 hours ago, BBTV said:

My point:

This is an acceptable look.  The pants tie into the helmet and don't clash like white does, and it adds more of their team color to their road look.

dec-30-2006-charlotte-nc-usa-ncaa-footba

This is borderline.  On the one hand, the thick-gold stripe ties into the helmet, but something seems a little off.  Maybe the helmet striping?  Might look better if it was just a black stripe, or no stripe at all.

819y0K0EbOL.jpg

This is pretty bad.  Wouldn't support this at all.  The solid-black pants really make the helmet a mismatch with the rest of the uniform.

usatsi_21672844_168388561_lowres.jpg

Bottom line: gold/silver/yellow should mostly be worn with matching pants, home and road.  But in many cases, dark road pants can be worn with gold/silver/yellow helmet, so long as they're not solid color.

• Like 7

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

1 hour ago, BBTV said:

My point:

This is an acceptable look.  The pants tie into the helmet and don't clash like white does, and it adds more of their team color to their road look.

dec-30-2006-charlotte-nc-usa-ncaa-footba

This is borderline.  On the one hand, the thick-gold stripe ties into the helmet, but something seems a little off.  Maybe the helmet striping?  Might look better if it was just a black stripe, or no stripe at all.

819y0K0EbOL.jpg

This is pretty bad.  Wouldn't support this at all.  The solid-black pants really make the helmet a mismatch with the rest of the uniform.

usatsi_21672844_168388561_lowres.jpg

Bottom line: gold/silver/yellow should mostly be worn with matching pants, home and road.  But in many cases, dark road pants can be worn with gold/silver/yellow helmet, so long as they're not solid color.

Lol using the Saints as an example…

Their current set has so many uniform sins. And lucky for all of us we get to see that awful white jersey/black pants combo today, so thanks for the reminder…

And as far as that second photo, I never liked that big gold stripe on the black pants. For one, it was too yellow-gold compared to the helmet (can’t ever match the golds). The black pants do need stripes though, but similar to the pattern on the helmet. Solid black pants are what gives the awful leotard look. I do agree though that wearing colored/dark pants on the road provides some team color to the set. As for the Saints though, they should be wearing gold pants to provide said color. Definitely looks mismatched and unbalanced.