2023 NFL Season week by week uniform match-up combos: From HOF Game to Super Bowl LVIII

canzman

8 hours ago, ruttep said:

I'll be honest, I have no idea what the connection you're trying to make is. Those jerseys were not navy, and they have white pants. The current uniform is clearly an attempt at a "🔥" color rush uniform.

I'm talking about the blue bolt outlined in yellow compared to the yellow bolt outlined in blue. It's unique to the Los Angeles era of the Chargers. The powder blue was really a San Diego thing. 

I think if you paired that helmet and jersey with white pants, that could really mark the break with the San Diego era.

12 hours ago, kaleb_girod said:

CBS used white for the Steelers both today and last week. They used dark orange for both the Bengals and Browns in those respective games against Pittsburgh. It slightly bugs me because why couldn’t they use black or yellow instead of white? It would totally be enough contrast against dark orange. I’ve found that the networks seem to be color coding the team graphics now corresponding with what color jerseys the teams are wearing. I’m not a huge fan of using white unless it’s absolutely necessary for contrast, but in most cases an alternate dark color could typically be used over white. It just has an “lazy” feel to it. And tbh, typical fans who are watching the game shouldn’t really be confused by team graphics colors vs. actual jersey colors. I never remember networks using white for team graphics until recently.

Also, They’ve used both black and gold (beige) for the Saints interchangeably. I guess it really just depends.

I think they avoid yellow because it's the color of their penalty indicator. I noticed whenever the Chiefs play another red team their background will be grey instead of yellow/white or even black. Looks pretty silly

• Like 1

On 11/23/2023 at 4:43 PM, kaleb_girod said:

Watching this Washington/Dallas game, but I’m sorry do players really think they look good in these stupid all-white uniforms? They all look like a whole bunch of fools running around with thermal underwear on. This solid white “icy” monochrome crap has to end. It’s a mess.

Yes, players in today's game love it, which is is why nearly every team does it.

@canzman Hey-lo there, sir. Any chance you can possibly make a correction to the Week 12 Ravens uniform image? After all, they did wear white socks as a team for the first time ever with the white jersey/purple pants look.

The reason I ask is because I like to save the different combos (by season) that you create to a special file folder. I don't post them anywhere — well may have once or twice in the past (including properly crediting you as creator) — but rather just keep them for my own personal viewing purposes & for the sake of memories. However, if I ever did for some reason, then you would of course be rightfully credited for your stellar work.

Obviously, this year is more important than most previous ones in the past, due to the long overdue Ravens template change from Nike 'Speed Machine' to 'F.U.S.E.', so it'd be nice to have each various combination that was actually worn throughout 2023-2024.

Plus, your stuff is way better than, say, GUD's depictions, for instance, what with the attention to minor/minute/minuscule details! If not, it is no biggie. Perhaps I can try as a novice to fill in via MS Paint (LOL). On the other hand, if you were to make the modification, then I thank you in advance, plus just generally speaking I genuinely do greatly appreciate with utmost gratitude all of your perennial efforts!

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Cujo said:

Such a cringe look. 2020s helmet paired with 1960s jersey.

638dc4daedf79.image.jpg?resize=1920,1080

Forgoing the rumored White helmet for this abomination is an unforgivable mistake.

https://www.instagram.com/p/Cila1mzLR8q/?img_index=2

DY01UBNU0AAP0VN?format=jpg&name=small

Of course, if they just matched the helmet color to the brassy Gold, it'd be perfect and we wouldn't even need to talk about a Black or White helmet.  It's so simple, which is why it's so maddening.

• Like 7
  • LOL 1

4 hours ago, DCarp1231 said:

Seahawks wearing the throwbacks against a heavy blue team like the Cowboys is a travesty.

Missed opportunity on Thanksgiving against San Francisco. Could easily wear them against Pittsburgh on New Years Eve.

”Wearing alternates against the wrong teams” allegations continue to run hot.

If they wore them against Pittsburgh, that would've been a GOTY candidate. Hoping they at least wear navy over gray.

43 minutes ago, ⋔ 4 ℞ ℞ $ said:

@canzman Hey-lo there, sir. Any chance you can possibly make a correction to the Week 12 Ravens uniform image? After all, they did wear white socks as a team for the first time ever with the white jersey/purple pants look.

The reason I ask is because I like to save the different combos (by season) that you create to a special file folder. I don't post them anywhere — well may have once or twice in the past (including properly crediting you as creator) — but rather just keep them for my own personal viewing purposes & for the sake of memories. However, if I ever did for some reason, then you would of course be rightfully credited for your stellar work.

Obviously, this year is more important than most previous ones in the past, due to the long overdue Ravens template change from Nike 'Speed Machine' to 'F.U.S.E.', so it'd be nice to have each various combination that was actually worn throughout 2023-2024.

Plus, your stuff is way better than, say, GUD's depictions, for instance, what with the attention to minor/minute/minuscule details! If not, it is no biggie. Perhaps I can try as a novice to fill in via MS Paint (LOL). On the other hand, if you were to make the modification, then I thank you in advance, plus just generally speaking I genuinely do greatly appreciate with utmost gratitude all of your perennial efforts!

He fixes them a couple days after the game.

• Like 1

5qWs8RS.png

Formerly known as DiePerske

1 hour ago, MCM0313 said:

They need to dump that navy alt anyway, and replace it with a 1994 throwback. It’s the only Chargers team to ever play in a Super Bowl, and almost a quarter of them are dead. They need to pay tribute to them while there are still this many left. 

You mean the 1988-2006 Uniforms as throwbacks. The other alt next to that should be their 1974-1984 uniforms too, Those are what the royal blue alts ones are based off of.

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, HOOVER said:

Forgoing the rumored White helmet for this abomination is an unforgivable mistake.

https://www.instagram.com/p/Cila1mzLR8q/?img_index=2

DY01UBNU0AAP0VN?format=jpg&name=small

Of course, if they just matched the helmet color to the brassy Gold, it'd be perfect and we wouldn't even need to talk about a Black or White helmet.  It's so simple, which is why it's so maddening.

The Saints front office has no common sense. Look at how they dictate the L.A. Rams' golden yellow into this hip highlighter yellow color. They wanted a small amount of orange and green shade gradient garbage onto the pants. Geez, what is so wrong with GETTING THE :censored:ING PALETTE RIGHT! Two teams that need to be smacked across the face!

6 hours ago, DCarp1231 said:

I love every single one of the Chargers uniforms. Pure nirvana across the board.

spacer.png

If I absolutely had to pick the weakest one, it would be white-on-white.

@DCarp1231 Here is the thing. The yellow-gold pants work really well. BUT, the last two unis on the Chargers. One should be the 1974-1984 look and the last one should be their 1988-2006 look so that they can have a second helmet for both instead of the K-Mart version of the two with white helmets.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, MCM0313 said:

Tampa’s red jersey that they avoid for some reason would also have worked just fine. 

They avoid the dark scarlet uniforms? WOW, that sucks. I thought they were in love with those. I guess they miss those ugly alarm clock nightmares they had that were just plain ugly.

6 hours ago, DCarp1231 said:

I love every single one of the Chargers uniforms. Pure nirvana across the board.

spacer.png

If I absolutely had to pick the weakest one, it would be white-on-white.

Weakest is all-navy. Second weakest is all-royal. Then there's a great chasm the size of the Grand Canyon before we talk about any of the other combos.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Cujo said:

Seattle showing Dallas how silver/blue is properly done! 

Again tho, why are they wearing the throwbacks on the road against another silver and blue team? It really makes no sense. Dallas isn't even an AFC team, which might've made sense since they were in the AFC when they originally wore these uniforms.

• Like 5

14 minutes ago, ruttep said:

Again tho, why are they wearing the throwbacks on the road against another silver and blue team? It really makes no sense. Dallas isn't even an AFC team, which might've made sense since they were in the AFC when they originally wore these uniforms.

I agree it's not the best choice, but at least we'll get something besides all-navy vs. the Cowboys for once.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, ruttep said:

Again tho, why are they wearing the throwbacks on the road against another silver and blue team?

They want to show Dallascowboy fans, wake them up to how disastrous the Dallascowboy uniforms are.

• Like 2
  • LOL 1
  • Yawn 1

6uXNWAo.png

2 hours ago, ruttep said:

My guess is since the Seahawks already used up 1 home game for white, 1 for green, and 1 for throwbacks, that leaves them with only 5 home games for the regular navy blues so they would rather use the throwbacks for a nationally televised game on the road than take away another navy blue home game.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ruttep said:

Would be nice to see the Chiefs in white pants, red socks for this one a la Super Bowl I.

spacer.png

Might be my favorite uniform match-up of all-time.

Also, though home & away are reversed, it reminds me of one of the best Sports Illustrated covers ever:

kansas-city-chiefs-vs-green-bay-packers-

I was also today years old when I realized they shot it two different ways so each team would have version with them on the cover, not just the fold-out:

green-bay-packers-and-kansas-city-chiefs

• Like 4