2023 NFL Season week by week uniform match-up combos: From HOF Game to Super Bowl LVIII

canzman

On 11/29/2023 at 1:41 PM, throwuascenario said:

By blue leggings, do you mean no tripes or do you mean paired with blue socks? Because I don't see why you'd assume they'd do either. Anyways, I'd still prefer the white pants to anything but I'd take blue pants with the white jerseys over yellow.

Because neither of their pants have stripes currently.

8 hours ago, Silver_Star said:

The crazy story behind the navy blue jerseys was to make their road uniforms differ from Detroit Lions and the Seattle Seahawks at the time. How crazy is that?

I always heard it's because they kept losing big games in royal blue, including Super Bowl V and the NFC Championship Game the year before, so they felt the previous uniforms were cursed.

39 minutes ago, Pigskin12 said:

Seattle hosts Green Bay next season. Lot of potential:

d9e5483d-ad75-401b-931a-f77e24611402-Get

imageID=22003630

Not going to happen- the Seahawks have worn that throwback twice already and wore their puke green alternates for Thanksgiving, so they have no alternate slots left.

1 hour ago, ruttep said:

Not going to happen- the Seahawks have worn that throwback twice already and wore their puke green alternates for Thanksgiving, so they have no alternate slots left.

Good thing that doesn't apply to next year

• Like 7

It's where I sit.

1 hour ago, kaleb_girod said:

Well, so far I’m halfway correct. The Saints confirmed all-black AGAIN on Sunday against the Lions…

Now all we need is for the Lions to go “icy” all-white to complete my prediction (and yet another awful mono vs. mono matchup).

If the Lions truly want white pants then fine, however I think they gotta add the same stripe pattern that’s on the grey and blue pants. Same for the saints, even if it’s just a single black stripe more power to you

• Like 2

Dark royal and silver-blue or silver-green (silver-teal?) for the Cowboys, yeah. 

I still don't get the Seahawks thing, you guys. Navy blue/neon green is much more interesting, and unlike the majority of NFL teams, the Seahawks are under no obligation to be timeless.

• Like 1

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

19 minutes ago, the admiral said:

Dark royal and silver-blue or silver-green (silver-teal?) for the Cowboys, yeah. 

I still don't get the Seahawks thing, you guys. Navy blue/neon green is much more interesting, and unlike the majority of NFL teams, the Seahawks are under no obligation to be timeless.

Navy blue/neon green is an interesting color scheme, but I'd like the Seahawks to keep the throwback around as their alternate to replace the neon green jerseys. I really don't get why anyone likes those jerseys.

• Like 1

Oh, neon green as a head-to-toe base color is disgusting. It has to be an accent for blue and grey. As I've posted before, I think green needs to replace grey on the bird logo itself for better continuity with the original and to be more eye-catching on the helmets. There's a lot I don't like about the Seahawks, but they could get to a good place with a few changes and simplifications and don't need to go back to the AFC Kingdome Forever 8-8 stuff.

• Like 3

Count me in amongst those who think the Seahawks look better now (ducks); the striping motif is consistent, the color scheme is perfect for the Pacific Northwest, they’re one of the few teams that can pull off the mono-navy look. That green just pops off of the navy. Navy over grey looks great, white over navy looks great, green over navy looks…well, they’re not perfect.

But the throwbacks also look great, and it was cool to see them on the road. Wish more teams would do that against the Cowboys.

• Like 1

I would strip down/idiotproof the Seahawks' uniform possibilities to monochrome blue at home, navy-white-grey-navy on the road. They're clearly designed to be all-blue and that's been their thing since joining the NFC, moving outdoors, and thriving, so no sense in fighting it. Meanwhile, the road uniform would have some subtle echoes of the Kingdome set at least in terms of color distribution for the people who need that (probably have to add more green accents to the jerseys and pants first, I forgot how little there was till I checked GUD just now). 

• Applause 1