2023 NFL Season week by week uniform match-up combos: From HOF Game to Super Bowl LVIII

canzman

10 hours ago, AHcreative said:

Those colors were only dull because they were in St. Louis and played in a sub-par dome with terrible lighting.  Plus, over the years the metallic gold slowly devolved into basically khaki. 

I agree that the colors belong to St. Louis, but my homerism is deeply rooted; my late grandpa (who passed this July) and I had season tix from '98-'15. I remember when the uniforms premiered with the thick gold stripes down the end and the block font. I thought navy and gold were such a unique color scheme. The gold really did pop initially. As much as I'd hate to see L.A. use the color scheme, I can't help but to think what a navy on gold Rams uniform would look like under the Cali sun. 

Hell, I'd be happy if they just fixed the damn helmet. The original horn was iconic and why it was ever even considered to be altered is beyond me. 

Still dull, I prefer their classic royal blue and athletic gold. I was a child in the 1980's and fondly remember them in those colors. When they changed to navy and champagne gold took the fun away. I rather they would of did navy blue and athletic gold that time.

4 hours ago, Ted Cunningham said:

I was thinking about this recently: What would be the punishment if a team wore their alternates one too many times? A fine or something? Because like you said, BBTV, they're not going to cancel a game because a team is wearing the "wrong" uniform, especially if that uniform still contrasts with the team they're playing. I could see, perhaps, sanctions of some kind (stripping owner voting rights or some kind of cap-related or draft-related penalties) if a team just refused to go back to their primary look in favor of an alternate (like if the Eagles tried to just wear kelly green for the rest of the year), but one game?

Well the Washington (Commanders) refused to wear the all yellow color rush and instead decided to  wear all burgundy and nothing happened to them. There was also a situation where the broncos brought their white uniforms instead of home unis to San Diego against the chargers in an early season game and they got fined $25k and were forced to go WAH when they faced the chargers again later in the season.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, GoHawks said:

Well the Washington (Commanders) refused to wear the all yellow color rush and instead decided to  wear all burgundy and nothing happened to them. There was also a situation where the broncos brought their white uniforms instead of home unis to San Diego against the chargers in an early season game and they got fined $25k and were forced to go WAH when they faced the chargers again later in the season.

In 2021 and 2022, the Baltimore Ravens wore an alternate uniform 4 times (black jersey three times and color rush once). I don’t recall any backlash or hardly any acknowledgement that it even happened.

To my knowledge, you can wear a designated alternate jersey/helmet three times a year, regardless if you wear a color swapped jersey (Jaguars), throwback (Dolphins),  color rush (Chargers), or a combination of the options. 

• Like 1

The 49ers wore the red throwbacks three times and the white throwbacks twice in 2021, but they had to get special permission from the league to do so. They also apparently requested to wear all-white in Super Bowl LIV but were denied.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, BBTV said:

Eagles need to find a way to bring the kelly greens to Dallas.  Just take the field in them - the league isn't going to cancel the game.

This is exactly what they should do. More teams need to do this. Your opponent wears white at home? Use that third game to showcase your home  throwback on a national stage. Tampa, Atlanta, Philly, New England — do it. AND your home crowd sees your normal home look for one game. Win-win!

The problem with the STL Rams uniforms wasn’t the colors, it was the bubbly number font, the inconsistent striping, shoehorning the secondary logo on the sleeves, and their insistence on incorporating unnecessary white pants. Not to mention the side panels (early on) and the devastating hybrid of 2017-2019 (later). Blue and white helmet and pants with random gold on the jersey. Who approves these things?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, timjameskohler said:

the devastating hybrid of 2017-2019 (later). Blue and white helmet and pants with random gold on the jersey. Who approves these things?

Agree with you there -- the late-2010s Rams looked like a complete joke aesthetically.

spacer.png

That's laughably bad. At the very least, the new uniform set has consistent colors.

2 minutes ago, Pigskin12 said:

I’m glad these two teams were each courageous enough to collaborate to create a ❄️❄️❄️ vs. 🔥🔥🔥 uniform matchup. I’ve been wondering what this would look like. Now I know! 

Reminder that this game is between a teal team and an orange team.

• Like 8