2023 NFL Season week by week uniform match-up combos: From HOF Game to Super Bowl LVIII

canzman

The Titans in light blue pants and white socks looks ever so slightly off. Navy pants might actually have been a better call for this game, since the Dolphins' aqua is bringing the vibrant light blue. Or, they could have worn navy socks. Both would have complemented the navy helmet a lot better.

Giants/Packers looks GORGEOUS.

• Like 2

The Titans light blue pants are their best away combo, but they really chose one of the worst possible games to wear them against the Dolphins' aqua.

Also, I haven't watched a game of theirs in a while, but the two-tone silver sword really is so bad. They really need to change uniforms yesterday. That's not to mention that the association between swords and Greek Titans seems a bit forced to say the least.

The Dolphins, on the other hand, their main set is underrated. I'd be more than happy if they returned to the throwbacks, but the current shade of aqua, the number font, and the logo are all pretty nice.

• Like 5

34 minutes ago, ruttep said:

If we're gonna do that, might as well go double throwback with a superior aqua uniform

spacer.png

Slightly disagree. The Dolphins' current shade of of aqua is absolute perfection.  

• Like 5
  • Dislike 2

6uXNWAo.png

21 minutes ago, Cujo said:

Slightly disagree. The Dolphins' current shade of of aqua is absolute perfection.  

I like the slightly darker shade of the throwbacks. That along with old helmet >>> new helmet, old number font >>> new number font, and old stripes >>> new sleeve logo, means that I strongly prefer the throwbacks. I wouldn't say there's something "wrong" with the current look, it's a perfectly good uniform, it just has no chance when being compared to those throwbacks.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Ted Cunningham said:

Credit where it's due: The Dolphins were well dressed last night within the bounds of their current uniforms. Truth be told, the same could be said for the Titans.

You're not wrong. Titans did the "best" they could.. 🙄

• Like 1

6uXNWAo.png

9 minutes ago, NOLAPelicans23 said:

The Bengals all-black is better with orange socks, but they are one of the few teams that can wear all black and it looks good because the helmet offers a nice balance. 

All-black only looks good with teams that have black in their primary color scheme, and only when those teams wear contrasting colored socks (like the Bengals' orange socks or the Panthers' blue socks)

spacer.png

spacer.png

Not quite the same thing, but the Ravens and Jaguars have also broken up the all-black look in the past by wearing colored pants, which looked really good:

spacer.png

spacer.png

• Like 6

2 hours ago, NOLAPelicans23 said:

The Bengals all-black is better with orange socks, but they are one of the few teams that can wear all black and it looks good because the helmet offers a nice balance. 

2 hours ago, ruttep said:

All-black only looks good with teams that have black in their primary color scheme, and only when those teams wear contrasting colored socks (like the Bengals' orange socks or the Panthers' blue socks)

spacer.png

I actually prefer the black socks with the black jersey for the Bengals, as the orange socks are the only part of the uniform that’s solid orange, everything else has stripes, which kind of bugs me. It makes the socks stand out too much in my eyes. I only like the orange socks when they’re paired with the orange jersey.

I guess I disagree with the premise that all-black needs contrasting socks, as I seem to be in the minority for liking the Falcons’ all-black combo.

2 hours ago, ruttep said:

Not quite the same thing, but the Ravens and Jaguars have also broken up the all-black look in the past by wearing colored pants, which looked really good:

spacer.png

spacer.png

These both look great though (as do the Ravens’ purple pants on the road).

• Dislike 2

On 12/10/2023 at 5:37 PM, Pigskin12 said:

I respect the Vikings for their commitment to the purple pants on the road and their inability to be swayed by the temptations brought about by the snowflake emoji.

Bills Chiefs games look so good when the Bills wear this combo, as do most Bills games.

You're going to be in for a rude awaking Christmas Eve when they wear all white from the neck down, and at home.

I actually like then in white on white, provided they wear purple socks, but they seem to only wear purple socks with the purple pants these days.

• Like 2