2023 NFL Season week by week uniform match-up combos: From HOF Game to Super Bowl LVIII

canzman

Proof that when the Bills wear the correct combinations, they have a top three uniform in the league. Infuriating that it so rarely happens. 

The Eagles should just scrap the black alts and make an away version of their Kelly Greens, Dolphins style. They wore that a bunch at home against Dallas in the 90s.

Jags, come on: there is such a thing as TOO MUCH TEAL. 

• Like 6

3 hours ago, Pigskin12 said:

This will be the third appearance of all-teal for the Jags this season, once with each sock color. This has somehow become their most common teal jersey look. Teal over black has yet to be worn in 2023.

I would like to see teal socks with the all-black uniform. I bet that would look great.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Pigskin12 said:

Bills again sticking with the (superior) home combo they last won in. Thought this may have been a Color Rush game.

Thank goodness they've put together some big wins in their proper combos (blue/white/blue and white/blue/white). It should mean they dress like a proper NFL team for the rest of the season.

And of course, we have to be thankful that last year's preferred all-blue set got mauled in the Divisional Round by the Bengals to close last season, before managing to lose to Zach Wilson in Week 1 this season. They haven't worn it since.

• Like 3
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, timjameskohler said:

I would like to see teal socks with the all-black uniform. I bet that would look great.

It wouldn't, at least not without a teal helmet.

(Which, to be entirely real, I wouldn't mind seeing an alternate teal helmet option pop up for next season...)

• Like 1

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

1 hour ago, ruttep said:

Thank goodness they've put together some big wins in their proper combos (blue/white/blue and white/blue/white). It should mean they dress like a proper NFL team for the rest of the season.

And of course, we have to be thankful that last year's preferred all-blue set got mauled in the Divisional Round by the Bengals to close last season, before managing to lose to Zach Wilson in Week 1 this season. They haven't worn it since.

Bills fans always seem to complain about the white over blue look every time they wear it, acting like they’ve never won a game in it before, yet they’re 3-1 in it over the past two seasons.

Same with the Titans in their white over light blue. I’m glad both of these combos were worn for wins last week.

• Like 3
  • Applause 1

11 minutes ago, Pigskin12 said:

Bills fans always seem to complain about the white over blue look every time they wear it, acting like they’ve never won a game in it before, yet they’re 3-1 in it over the past two seasons.

Looking through the comments on that tweet, I can't say I completely disagree with them (for this week). This would've been a good week to break out the standing buffalo throwbacks (if they still exist), which is what a lot of the comments were advocating for. That being said, I disagree with the majority of Twitter users, who think that all one color is the coolest thing in the world.

6 hours ago, timjameskohler said:

The Eagles should just scrap the black alts

Coulda just stopped right there.

• Like 7
  • Dislike 1

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

40 minutes ago, TheBigFiz21 said:

I'd much rather have seen them wear purple pants this week so they can wear this at SF on Christmas when the Niners put on their throwbacks, but oh well...

What makes you think that wearing black pants this week means that they won't on Christmas?

I think they should've worn purple pants for both games because the Ravens' black pants are just as bad as the Saints' black pants and shouldn't exist, but I digress.

• Like 1

On 12/13/2023 at 3:55 PM, throwmesomepics said:

completely agree with this rule, which is why I've always disliked when teams use solid white socks to break up mono looks like these:

spacer.png

spacer.png

Without any stripes on white socks, it just makes the uniform feel incomplete, especially when everyone on the team is wearing them

At that point, might as well commit to the mono look, the bland white sock taking up 50% of the legs doesn't do much to help.

spacer.png

This one works better because of the stripes

My general rule of thumb is that if the jersey matches the pants, the helmet should match the socks, whether that results in a completely monotone combo or not. That's part of why certain monochrome combos like the Seahawks work for me, while a number of the Color Rush sets, which often were a different color from the helmet but were one color from the neck down, didn't.

It's also why I think that Bills set actually works, as @fouhy12 said, the socks help balance out the helmet. It'd be better with stripes on the socks, though.

That Jets combo isn't bad, as there's plenty of white on the jersey for the socks to balance out with, and a white facemask would be even better. Green socks would probably work just as well with this set though.

As for the Bears, if they go all-navy, I prefer their worn-once Color Rush combo:

FL5eNIB.jpg

27 minutes ago, S316 said:

Gridiron Uniform Database has the Cardinals in all white uniforms at home against the 49ers this Sunday if this is true  they are wearing white at home for the 1st time since 2009 against the Texans 

The team confirmed as much, as you can see in @Pigskin12's post on the previous page:

On 12/13/2023 at 7:37 PM, Pigskin12 said:

This team has gotta be trolling us at this point.

This is now the third incorrect road jersey the 49ers announced at the beginning of the season. They’ll have worn red for three road games.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, MJD7 said:

My general rule of thumb is that if the jersey matches the pants, the helmet should match the socks, whether that results in a completely monotone combo or not. That's part of why certain monochrome combos like the Seahawks work for me, while a number of the Color Rush sets, which often were a different color from the helmet but were one color from the neck down, didn't.

It's also why I think that Bills set actually works, as @fouhy12 said, the socks help balance out the helmet. It'd be better with stripes on the socks, though.

That Jets combo isn't bad, as there's plenty of white on the jersey for the socks to balance out with, and a white facemask would be even better. Green socks would probably work just as well with this set though.

As for the Bears, if they go all-navy, I prefer their worn-once Color Rush combo:

FL5eNIB.jpg

The team confirmed as much, as you can see in @Pigskin12's post on the previous page:

Bears went mono navy this January and while most players wore the white socks, a few seemed to miss the memo and went with navy socks, and I have to admit, I prefer it that way because the Bears socks have the same stripes as the sleeves:

19749201.jpg?w=1000

• Like 5

36 minutes ago, Carolingian Steamroller said:

Bears went mono navy this January and while most players wore the white socks, a few seemed to miss the memo and went with navy socks, and I have to admit, I prefer it that way because the Bears socks have the same stripes as the sleeves:

19749201.jpg?w=1000

That's one of my favorite monochrome looks.  There's enough striping to make it not look like the typical unitard look.  Navy socks are absolutely superior with this look - the white ones that the guy on the right is wearing stand out way too much and become almost the focal point.

• Like 7

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."