2023 NFL Season week by week uniform match-up combos: From HOF Game to Super Bowl LVIII

canzman

3 minutes ago, Pigskin12 said:

I find the blue on bone to be an acceptable uniform that's easier on the eyes than the blue over highlighter yellow.

Disagree. Blue over yellow is how the Rams are supposed  to look. Blue over bone just looks like the dollar store version of blue over white.

• Like 8

20 hours ago, ruttep said:

Giants/Eagles in Philly is actually the perfect Christmas matchup, with the Giants' predominantly red road uniform.

I can't remember the last time they didn't wear the stupid all black against the Giants.

Even more stupid is that they play Tommy Mamaluke twice in three weeks.  Who writes these stupid schedules?

• Like 3

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

7 hours ago, ruttep said:

Disagree. Blue over yellow is how the Rams are supposed  to look.

Except if they play a team who also has yellow pants. In which case I prefer a contrast. And also an opponent who has gold pants. I think that's why LAR is going with the combo they chose when they host the Saints who might bust them out. I also didn't mind the Rams wearing blue over bone against the Commanders or some of the other opponents they've worn them against.

• Like 1

Just now, gothedistance said:

Except if they play a team who also has yellow pants. In which case I prefer a contrast. And also an opponent who has gold pants. I think that's why LAR is going with the combo they chose when they host the Saints who might bust them out. I also didn't mind the Rams wearing blue over bone against the Commanders or some of the other opponents they've worn them against.

I can see the argument for bone pants against an opponent in yellow/athletic gold pants, but metallic gold?

I'll take this

spacer.png

Over this

spacer.png

Any day of the week (uniform matchup-wise, of course. That NFCCG loss was painful).

• Like 7

7 hours ago, gothedistance said:

This idea imagines a world in which a team knows and/or cares what their opponent is wearing and makes decisions based on that knowledge.  In all my (way too many) years of paying attention to sports uniforms I’ve never seen the slightest piece of evidence that any team give two seconds thought to what the other guys are wearing. 

• Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Applause 1

Bucs are in fact wearing red and of course they have to throw in some shade with the "You're welcome" comment as though wearing their standard home uniform is a gift and isn't something that should happen regularly.

This will be the first time ever that the Buccaneers wear red against Jacksonville.

• Like 5
  • Love 1

20 hours ago, Pigskin12 said:

The Rams posted this graphic that likely means nothing, but I wouldn't mind this uniform pairing at all. I find the blue on bone to be an acceptable uniform that's easier on the eyes than the blue over highlighter yellow.

On the blue-bone for LA, the yellow from a distance is undetectable. I like it this way.

31 minutes ago, DCarp1231 said:

On the blue-bone for LA, the yellow from a distance is undetectable. I like it this way.

Because you like the Fearsome Foursome look, right? The one that looks almost close to the Colts 1954 look just with different stripe patterns (this is before the Colts went with white helmets).

25 minutes ago, Silver_Star said:

Because you like the Fearsome Foursome look, right? The one that looks almost close to the Colts 1954 look just with different stripe patterns (this is before the Colts went with white helmets).

I meant the yellow on the bone pants is almost undetectable from a distance. The yellow on the jersey is plain as day.

On 12/4/2023 at 10:16 AM, Carolingian Steamroller said:

With three home games remaining for the Bears, they're likely to wear their 1936 throwback for one of them and I would say there's a strong possibility of that game being this weekend against the Lions.

We'll know for sure if the stripes change on the helmets for practice this week.

Against the Cardinals. Good choice. Should make for nice contrast even with Arizona in mono-red.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Carolingian Steamroller said:

Against the Cardinals. Good choice. Should make for nice contrast even with Arizona in mono-red.

They wore orange last home game against Arizona. I was kind of hoping this would be a navy jersey game for that reason, but maybe Arizona at least wears white pants for a road game? I highly doubt it, but it seems more likely for a road game.

10 minutes ago, Pigskin12 said:

Looks like the Saints finally realized how dumb those black helmets look.

Maybe, just maybe they’ll start to realize how dumb their all-black and all-white combos are too (and how dumb it is to not wear gold pants).

Oh wait they won in all-black last week, won’t happen…

• Like 2

On 12/18/2023 at 2:48 PM, canzman said:

tGBP9Qy.jpg

So I  have a question about this uniform, and maybe this bleeds into the other alt helmets. If the helmets can be worn with alternate unis designated for it, what is stopping the Broncos from pulling a Bengals and re-designating their standard all white uniform (w/white socks) to wear the helmet? Because that's an alternate then since they aren't wearing blue socks (as they should be) with it. 

Or like look at the Texans, they wore the Battle Red helmet with red jerseys (and eventually red pants as well), but they also paired it with their Color Rush, so are teams able to designate their alt. helmet with more than 1 alt uniform? Like could the Lions in theory next year designate all blue as an alt and then wear the blue helmet with it, as they do with all grey? Could the Bears designate their orange helmet to be worn with an all white get up? Are teams playing fast and loose or are the rules that flexible?

2 hours ago, DCarp1231 said:

I meant the yellow on the bone pants is almost undetectable from a distance. The yellow on the jersey is plain as day.

Oh, that... I am tired of those bone pants. Why not just white with the blue and highlighter yellow stripes. I guess the Rams president forgot to give his dog a bone!!!

xvexo.jpg

• LOL 1