2023 NFL Season week by week uniform match-up combos: From HOF Game to Super Bowl LVIII

canzman

5 minutes ago, rfraser85 said:

It's happened more than you might think. There was Eli Manning and Robert Griffin III both wearing number 10, Drew Brees and Tony Romo both wearing number 9, Aaron Rodgers and Tom Brady both wearing number 12, and Philip Rivers and Brock Osweiler both wearing number 17. It might have been rarer before numbers were retired and teams weren't playing each other so frequently.

For a short spell in the 90s we also had Troy Aikman, Steve Young, Mark Brunell and Jeff Blake all battling each other (8). 

• Like 2

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

1 hour ago, rfraser85 said:

It's happened more than you might think. There was Eli Manning and Robert Griffin III both wearing number 10, Drew Brees and Tony Romo both wearing number 9, Aaron Rodgers and Tom Brady both wearing number 12, and Philip Rivers and Brock Osweiler both wearing number 17. It might have been rarer before numbers were retired and teams weren't playing each other so frequently.

Ryan Tannehill and Philip Rivers who both wear number 17. It has happened in 2019 when Rivers was a Charger and when he was a Colt in 2020. The 2019 game was when Tannehill made his first start with the Titans after Tennessee benched Mariota.

Justin Herbert (Chargers) and Jimmy Garoppolo (49ers) who both wear 10, in 2022.

Rex Grossman and John Kitna who both wear number 8. Grossman the Bears and Kitna the Lions. They played each other in 2006. They did not play each other in the 2007 and 2008 games though.

There's more a lot more. You could do a thread that to list all the instances down.

3 hours ago, DCarp1231 said:

Watching the Ravens/Steelers game has me thinking…

How common (or uncommon) are matchups where both starting QBs wear the same number?

In this instance, Rudolph and Huntley both wear 2.

The 90s Niners/Cowboys rivalry had Steve Young and Troy Aikman both wearing number 8

• Like 3

12 hours ago, Pigskin12 said:

They do not seem to like their white over green look anymore, as it’s only been worn at Buffalo each of the past two seasons.

Many people want the throwbacks to return full-time (shocker), and I’m wondering if they would even have green pants as an option if they went that route.

I’m just hoping they’d have green socks as an option. I could see them being all “traditional, but ICY”. 

• Facepalm 1

1 hour ago, Chi-Tex_Kidd said:

Anyone see the Colts Defensive player with his stripes tapering in for the two white stripes to touch. Very much like the couple Panthers players.

Here is a photo from week 12 but he has had his jersey like this all season, home and away can’t believe I’m just realizing.

IMG_1874

• WOAH 2
  • Hurl 2

11 minutes ago, Chi-Tex_Kidd said:

Here is a photo from week 12 but he has had his jersey like this all season, home and away can’t believe I’m just realizing.

IMG_1874

Dwight Freeney used to do this too. 

• WOAH 1

AM-JKLUm-gD6dFoY5MvQGgjXb2rzP7kMTHmGf8UsR6KOCYQnHU-0HSFi-zjXHepGDckUAHcduu3pVgvwxe06RKDW2y2Z2BmhEOe8OP-WSY1XqLT9KsQ0ZP75J9loQuNrvLW208pEWCg9jq8aNx-zFneH9aPQQA=w800-h112-no?authuser=0

spacer.png

Not really a shocker, but this Falcons/Saints game is absolutely TERRIBLE. Falcons going all-white vs. Saints in all-black. Both teams also wearing matching socks for the full leggings/leotard effect. Not sure the Falcons black pants would’ve been any better, but it just sucks overall.

I wonder what could’ve made this matchup better?? Oh yeah, the Saints GOLD pants… Smdh

• Like 3

Delete the Arizona Cardinals franchise from existence. They have just gone AN ENTIRE SEASON wearing exclusively monochrome combos. I am absolutely disgusted by this mockery of uniform aesthetics. Anyone who said "don't worry, they'll mix and match eventually" was unfortunately proven wrong. 

• Like 12
  • Yawn 3

13 minutes ago, ruttep said:

Delete the Arizona Cardinals franchise from existence. They have just gone AN ENTIRE SEASON wearing exclusively monochrome combos. I am absolutely disgusted by this mockery of uniform aesthetics. Anyone who said "don't worry, they'll mix and match eventually" was unfortunately proven wrong. 

They straight up look like bottles of ketchup. 

I know this is the least unique opinion on here, but it needs to be said again...JFC I cannot wrap my head around people thinking monochrome jersey-pants-socks looks good. How do you see anything other than pajamas, leggings, or unitards? I mean it just looks SO dumb. 

And I actually don't mind mono jersey+pants. But contrasting socks make all the difference. I'd actually like the Cardinals uniforms if they had white socks.

• Like 7
  • Applause 2

2 hours ago, ruttep said:

“Eventually” could mean next year or the year after, but I agree this team is pathetic for thinking highly of itself for sticking with three generic, uninspiring uniform combos all season.

• Like 4

So after losing at home in the playoffs each of the last two years wearing white uniforms, surely the Bucs are gonna break out the reds next week, right?

(Eagles vs. Bucs, 2021 Wild Card round; Bucs win 31-15)

spacer.png

(Eagles vs. Bucs, 2023 reg season; Eagles win 25-11)

spacer.png

We're wearing white again, aren't we?

spacer.png

With the flat Nike fabric, white over pewter is their better look since the red over pewter looks way darker than the previous version of it with shiny pants.

I'm hoping for the first photo - including the score.  That's closer than it'll probably be.

• Dislike 1
  • Facepalm 1

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

2 hours ago, Kramerica Industries said:

So after losing at home in the playoffs each of the last two years wearing white uniforms, surely the Bucs are gonna break out the reds next week, right?

(Eagles vs. Bucs, 2021 Wild Card round; Bucs win 31-15)

spacer.png

(Eagles vs. Bucs, 2023 reg season; Eagles win 25-11)

spacer.png

We're wearing white again, aren't we?

Maybe they go red/pewter instead of white pants? These superstitions are so arbitrary and selective that who knows what past factors and elements will be taken into consideration.

4 hours ago, ruttep said:

Might wanna delete the Saints (and Lions) from existence too. No, they did have a few other mix and match combinations this season, but for the most part they heavily favored the plain monochrome combos.

And good god that Lions all-gray set. Pure trash. Can we delete that please?

• Like 5

4 hours ago, DCarp1231 said:

The Rams blue sure does look incredible when it’s not hindered by a roof

I don't know why the Rams refuse to wear white over yellow against the Niners, even though they love wearing blue over yellow against them. 

• Like 3

22 minutes ago, ruttep said:

I don't know why the Rams refuse to wear white over yellow against the Niners, even though they love wearing blue over yellow against them. 

They haven’t worn it against the Cardinals or Seahawks either. Makes no sense.

• Like 1