2023 NFL Season week by week uniform match-up combos: From HOF Game to Super Bowl LVIII

canzman

muthafrakin green pants (or in this case, shorts)!!!! albeit with white socks :(

• Like 3

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

6 hours ago, MCM0313 said:

Why? It’s their best non-throwback look! Yes, it’s color versus color, but tons of contrast. This game will look oodles better than one would reasonably expect from a Falcons-Titans game. 

Well, because COLOR VS COLOR is never ever necessary. 

• Like 2
  • Yawn 2

6uXNWAo.png

4 hours ago, Cujo said:

Well, because COLOR VS COLOR is never ever necessary. 

A lot of things about uniforms aren’t really necessary, all you need is contrasting colors and numbers on the jersey. Anything beyond that is just flair, but that’s what interests us here.

(I say that as someone who would probably prefer the Falcons wear white against the Oilers throwbacks).

I’d just have a hard time saying we shouldn’t do this simply because it isn’t necessary:

Tc1rySg.jpg

Of course, not every color v. color matchup is this glorious (far from it), but the overall point still stands.

• Like 11
  • Applause 2

23 hours ago, ruttep said:

Just don't do this ever again, please:

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

It's weird that Denver has now had this 3-game history of the league allowing color v color (without consulting the Broncos), which seems to indicate to me that the Broncos can wear orange in almost any road game and get away with it. Theoretically, they could ditch the white jersey altogether and simply go with orange or navy tops.

Looks like the same treatment is headed the Titans way when they wear the Oilers throwbacks...

7 hours ago, BBTV said:

muthafrakin green pants (or in this case, shorts)!!!! albeit with white socks :(

I think the white socks look better with the green pants than the black socks do, personally.

Hurts, Eagles clinch playoffs with 48-22 win over Giants – KXAN AustinJalen Hurts saves Eagles as Linval Joseph, Ndamukong Suh shine in debut

Both look good, but the white socks look symmetrical. I think white socks with stripes is the way to go on the road for Philly. 

• Like 10

the black top / white bottom socks are better than both.

• Like 5
  • Meh 1
  • Dislike 1

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

5 hours ago, ruttep said:

Sigh. Would have liked to see orange pants in this one. At least it isn't white pants.

Seahawks: Let's pick the Browns for a throwback game, it will look old school enough and fit the old AFC theme! This will be great!

Browns: SOMEONE SAY HALLOWEEN??? BROWN PANTS BABY!!!

If you're the Cleveland Browns then making smart decisions is very hard.

F9eMW_9WUAACtaL?format=jpg&name=large

• Like 5
  • LOL 2

bSLCtu2.png

9 minutes ago, ruttep said:

That's what the black socks look originally was, before the death of properly worn socks in the NFL.

This is a good compromise.  There's more white than the standard-issue NFL socks, but the little bit of black at the top goes a long way:

895011868.jpg.0.jpg

• Like 2