2023 NFL Season week by week uniform match-up combos: From HOF Game to Super Bowl LVIII

canzman

Just now, Cujo said:

A) The first thing you quoted was about the Titans/Oilers.

2) The Dak pic was to point out how solid they look today. Nothing was mentioned about their traditional monstrosities. 

That first quote was just to say that there are multiple arguments on this thread that are cringe. In regards to the Dak pic, you did say that it's the best they've ever looked at home (I disagree). My initial response to that pic was regarding his sock disaster.

This is what I should have quoted that made this argument really tired:

15 minutes ago, Cujo said:

Folks just want to hate today's Dallascowboys uniform because have a weird boner for those royal/silver/navy/seafoam set they always wear at home.

4 minutes ago, BBTV said:

I hate today's uniform for reasons I've clearly articulated that have nothing to do with their terrible home uniform.  Don't summarily dismiss everyone's opinions just because they may be different than yours.

No. I actually took your point about silver lids/white pants into account. And you're not wrong with that. I did correct myself when it was pointed out they've worn silver lids/silver pants at AT&T.

6uXNWAo.png

2 minutes ago, Cujo said:

No. I actually took your point about silver lids/white pants into account. And you're not wrong with that. I did correct myself when it was pointed out they've worn silver lids/silver pants at AT&T.

IMO, wearing silver hats and white pants (or vice versa) is nearly as egregious as wearing silver hats with seafoam-green pants.  Not quite as bad as wearing silver helmets with navy star, royal numbers, and seafoam-green pants, but bad.  I'm definitely on team "standardize the blues and silvers".

I actually spent too much time trying to find a pic of them wearing navy over silver at home and couldn't do it.  I'm glad someone else could.  Their navy uniforms were far better before the floating white outline over the numbers - pretty much any version of navy before the current one is better.  But didn't wear at home. 

• Like 1

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

3 minutes ago, DCarp1231 said:

Cowboys should just embrace quadruple blue

Powder

Royal

Navy

Midnight

If the Dallascowboys incorporated that blue rainbow on all of their sets, as well as all shades of silver/gray/seafoam, I would completely embrace it.

• Like 2
  • LOL 1

6uXNWAo.png

I will maintain that while the mismatched blues aren't great, there's nothing inherently wrong with the design. The colors have just drifted in different directions over the decades. The star drifted toward navy, the jersey stripes/numbers drifted toward royal, the helmets drifted toward metallic silver, and the pants drifted toward seafoam green. All you need to do is standardize the blue with a darker royal between the two current shades, make the helmet and pants a blue-ish silver, bring back the royal blue jersey, and you're good.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, ruttep said:

I will maintain that while the mismatched blues aren't great, there's nothing inherently wrong with the design.

If they settled on 1 shade of blue and 1 shade of silver, they would be a Top 10 uniform. Easily.

• Like 2

6uXNWAo.png

We need a dedicated thread for discussing the mismatched disaster that is the Cowboys home uniform since that's all this thread devolves to every week.

The Pointless Cowboys Color Standardization Outpost.  Mods, make it so.

• Like 6
  • Applause 1

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

I feel like the Seahawks' throwbacks looked better in the publicity shoots than the field. I felt the reason it never popped back in the day was because it was in the Kingdome, but the blue still doesn't pop off that much in the sun. I think it's probably because of the emphasis on silver and how that look made green the third color while it's more second in the hierarchy in the Nike era. It's still a good look, but maybe a little underwhelming after the build up to it.

ffMc5dZ.png

Twitter: @RyanMcD29

The Oilers throwbacks are imperfect, but it was really nice to see them this week. Columbia and red is a strong color scheme, the oil derrick and drop-shadowed wordmark looked terrific on the field, and all of it meant not seeing the crappy Titans uniforms. I have no position on "they should use this full-time," but I maintain that Houston should have gotten the same deal Cleveland got or, better yet, the move should have been disallowed in the first place. It's a classic identity and I think a lot of us missed it.

On the other hand, the Seahawks throwbacks do nothing for me. With the Buccaneers, you can sit and weigh the novelty of the color scheme versus the historic ineptitude of the teams that first wore them versus the ineptitude of the later Bucs teams that wore pewter, but the Seahawks, I dunno, they just look kind of like the Lions but worse and always went 8-8. There's no real emotional valence there. Also, somehow their plastic grass looks like dead actual grass. What's with that.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

3 hours ago, ruttep said:
3 hours ago, Cujo said:

Problem solved. Right?

F9n6fTRWIAEDrUs?format=png&name=360x360

Ehh. Never really been a fan of re-colored logos.

What NFL team has really even done a full re-color without changing their logo in the past? Maybe the Chargers? I'm drawing a blank.

6uXNWAo.png

1 minute ago, the admiral said:

...but the Seahawks, I dunno, they just look kind of like the Lions but worse and always went 8-8. There's no real emotional valence there.

They were also the most out-of-place member of an ancient division (Broncos, Chargers, Chiefs, and Raiders all going back to 1960) and royal/green teams just seemed generally invisible/infamously bad throughout the '70s-early '00s.

I guess you could count the Jets bringing back their original uniforms in a darker shade of green than they originally had, or the 49ers tweaking their shades of red and gold, but that's a stretch. The NFL has never encouraged or tolerated paint-bucketing the way the NBA inexplicably has (colors are more important than logos).

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫