2023 NBA Offseason Thread

Gary

On 6/21/2023 at 4:37 PM, dont care said:

That and their “arena” is a college arena, not an NBA level arena with suites, and amenities that an nba arena has

There are plenty of things that keep Louisville from being a top expansion/relocation candidate, but the KFC Yum! Center itself is a pro-style arena and not one of those reasons. 

• Like 4

6fQjS3M.png

3 hours ago, Jay_Mellowed said:

The Washington Wizards and Capitals are looking at options for a new arena, with an option on the table to move into Virginia.

Wizards, Capitals Officials Have Discussed Move to Virginia, per Report

Both teams have called Capital One Arena home since the 1998 season, before which they both played in the Capital Centre in Landover, Md. The aging building is located in Chinatown in downtown Washington D.C.

What an infuriating paragraph.

Aging? 1998? PLEASE!

• Hate 1

kimball banner.png

"I always wanted to be somebody, but now I realize I should have been more specific." Lily Tomlin

3 hours ago, GDAWG said:

They will probably get a deal done in DC.  

I'd get it if it was a renovation, better not be a new building.

kimball banner.png

"I always wanted to be somebody, but now I realize I should have been more specific." Lily Tomlin

Kuzma stays in DC. Kyrie stays in Dallas. Draymond stays in SF.

Miami's the big loser so far, losing playoff heroes Gabe Vincent to the Lakers and Max Strus to the Cavs.

I had no idea free agency started today.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

Miami got something back with Josh Richardson joining on the vet min. 

Haven’t heard much from him since we lost him the Jimmy trade, but Spo’s got such a good track record of getting guys to their full potential I’m intrigued. 

Elsewhere, Rockets dropped a massive deal on Fred VanVleet. Interested to see how he fits their timeline. 

i have unquantifiable corpses on my conscience 

3 hours ago, DG_ThenNowForever said:

Kuzma stays in DC. Kyrie stays in Dallas. Draymond stays in SF.

Miami's the big loser so far, losing playoff heroes Gabe Vincent to the Lakers and Max Strus to the Cavs.

I had no idea free agency started today.

Miami is reportedly focused on a Damien Lillard trade.

• LOL 1

3 hours ago, dont care said:

I feel like GS are the biggest losers by resigning Green to 25 mil per year. They over paid to keep him because you know he wouldn’t be getting that anywhere else as an aging defender who just as likely to implode your team.

Golden State has absolutely nothing on the horizon past this current core so they might as well hang on for as long as Lacob's willing to pay up.

1 hour ago, Germanshepherd said:

Elsewhere, Rockets dropped a massive deal on Fred VanVleet. Interested to see how he fits their timeline. 

He sucks, they suck. It's perfect.