2023 NFL Regular Season Through Super Bowl LVIII

1 hour ago, BBTV said:

This made it on TV?  Is this considered blackface?

I’m not justifying this, but it appears the left side of his face could be red. Even then, why not do yellow & red?

This photo further emphasizes the conversation to be desperately had about the Kansas City Football Team.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, SFGiants58 said:

I go for the idea that Brady/Belichick was an equal partnership at first, but Brady overtook his coach in significance somewhere around 2007-10.

The first three Patriots championships were about defense, special teams, the run game, and Brady doing just enough at the right time. Brady certainly came into his own by 2007, but even then, drawing penalties was a pretty big part of his game. 

I wouldn't call Belichick a passenger, but it does seem like he finally ran out of good players and Patriot Way buy-ins. If there were, we'd have heard of them by now. His stuff doesn't work when it's just a bunch of dudes.

• Like 1

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Tepper is an Owner to Watch. He's a meddler and meddler's can be very fun. They don't know what they're doing, but they think they can alpha boss their way into sports championships the same way they alpha bossed themselves to a fortune with their hedge fund scams and it doesn't work in sports because sports don't let you game the system in the same way. 

• Like 1

PvO6ZWJ.png

Just now, Sport said:

Tepper is an Owner to Watch. He's a meddler and meddler's can be very fun. They don't know what they're doing, but they think they can alpha boss their way into sports championships the same way they alpha bossed themselves to a fortune with their hedge fund scams and it doesn't work in sports because sports don't let you game the system in the same way. 

That job is reserved for the officials.

• Like 4

BB52Big.jpg

How young and hungry or old and desperate do you have to be to take the Panthers job this offseason? Your #1OA quarterback you traded up for is a boy among men, the rest of your roster around him sucks ass, and you have no first-round pick this year to show for it because you also traded that (and your #1 WR) to the Bears, who are somehow possibly an even dumber franchise than yours. This is a job for the guy who gets coffee for the guy who gets coffee for Sean McVay, or, like, Ken Whisenhunt.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Sport said:

Remember when the Panthers were owned by a regional hamburger franchise baron who would be like "why honey I do declare you must have been poured into those jeans" and called guys the n-word? In a limited sense, they downgraded from that!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, infrared41 said:

That job is reserved for the officials.

He should've stayed a minority owner with the Steelers. The Panthers will never get these calls. 

F_4rBdfWAAAc5Su?format=jpg&name=large

They threw a flag on this touchdown for holding and then after some deliberation determined that it was time for the league-mandated, conveniently timed, exceptionally bad call the Steelers are gifted every week and picked it up. They threw a holding flag on the Bengals offense a couple plays later on a hold that was 1/4th as bad as the one pictured here so the Bengals got :censored:ed coming and going. My Steelers friend finally admitted the Steelers get a lot of help from the officials so if any steelers fans want to argue this you can talk to him. 

• Like 1

PvO6ZWJ.png

11 minutes ago, the admiral said:

How young and hungry or old and desperate do you have to be to take the Panthers job this offseason? Your #1OA quarterback you traded up for is a boy among men, the rest of your roster around him sucks ass, and you have no first-round pick this year to show for it because you also traded that (and your #1 WR) to the Bears, who are somehow possibly an even dumber franchise than yours. This is a job for the guy who gets coffee for the guy who gets coffee for Sean McVay, or, like, Ken Whisenhunt.

Sounds like a job for Ron Rivera.

• LOL 2

BB52Big.jpg

5 minutes ago, infrared41 said:

Sounds like a job for Ron Rivera.

Currently putting out feelers to Jack Del Rio, Mike McCoy, Jim Caldwell (Rooney Rule compliance), and Chiefs Blackface Kid (Rooney Rule compliance if Caldwell doesn't pick up the phone)

• LOL 3

15 minutes ago, the admiral said:

I was gonna say "what's Dom Capers up to these days?" as a joke and then I looked it up and he's an assistant coach on the Panthers right now! Give him his old job back. It'll be funny. 

9 minutes ago, the admiral said:

Remember when the Panthers were owned by a regional hamburger franchise baron who would be like "why honey I do declare you must have been poured into those jeans" and called guys the n-word? In a limited sense, they downgraded from that!

Richardson never had a Rock Hill situation like Tepper's had and he was smart enough to draft Cam Newton. Tepper has a long way to go to reach Snyder tier, but he's showing a lot of early promise. 

PvO6ZWJ.png

1 minute ago, Sport said:

I was gonna say "what's Dom Capers up to these days?" as a joke and then I looked it up and he's an assistant coach on the Panthers right now! Give him his old job back. It'll be funny. 

I just checked and Jim Caldwell is already there too! Real life is stepping on my bit!

• Like 1
  • LOL 4

Reich will be a "special advisor" to the Eagles in about 5 minutes, give or take.

They should make him the OC immediately, but the optics there wouldn't be good.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

3 minutes ago, BBTV said:

Reich will be a "special advisor" to the Eagles in about 5 minutes, give or take.

They should make him the OC immediately, but the optics there wouldn't be good.

Please do let him run the Eagles offense. The Niners could use any leg up they can get on the Eagles.

2 minutes ago, ruttep said:

Please do let him run the Eagles offense. The Niners could use any leg up they can get on the Eagles.

Don't forget... he ran the Eagles offense in 2017 when Wentz was the odd-on MVP favorite before hurting himself and then a backup took them to the SB (and several receivers and RBs had career years.)

Everything went down hill after he left.

The reality is, I'm hoping Shane Steichen gets canned.  Really hoping (and hoping he'd be willing to return to his old role.)

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

8 minutes ago, BBTV said:

Don't forget... he ran the Eagles offense in 2017 when Wentz was the odd-on MVP favorite before hurting himself and then a backup took them to the SB (and several receivers and RBs had career years.)

Everything went down hill after he left.

The reality is, I'm hoping Shane Steichen gets canned.  Really hoping (and hoping he'd be willing to return to his old role.)

Curious though, are the Eagles built to run Reich's offensive scheme? (I don't know that much about the Eagles or how he runs his offense) I do wonder how adjusting to a new system over halfway into the season could affect them.

Regarding Steichen, I don't see that happening. Anthony Richardson looked promising in the time that he played before he got injured and he's still winning games with Gardner Minshew at quarterback. He's probably there for at least the next couple of seasons.

5 hours ago, BBTV said:

Who's getting one-sided officiating?  The Eagles, who get called for two questionable false snaps on the center which took them out of normal-tying field goal range at the end of regulation?  Get called for defensive holding seemingly every drive, and always get a 'roughing the passer' in the 4th quarter of nearly every game (in at least one case where the QB fell on his own without even being touched)?

Yes, the Eagles. 

It’d be one thing if the Eagles consistently had officials that were stingy with penalties and both sides weren’t getting calls, but when the disparity is like this you cannot claim that your team isn’t the beneficiary of officiating. 

They absolutely have been and it’s been to their benefit especially when you consider that the Eagles have played in 8 games decided by less than one score. I have numerous clips showing outrageous penalties committed by the Eagles that went uncalled too. 

Kudos to the Eagles for still winning those games and capitalizing in these close games, but you cannot also try to claim that the Eagles aren’t getting favorable calls consistently. They’re becoming Steeler-esque in terms of favoritism. 

• Like 1
  • Applause 1

Cowboys - Lakers - LAFC - USMNT - LA Rams - LA Kings - NUFC 

41 minutes ago, Rockstar Matt said:

Yes, the Eagles. 

It’d be one thing if the Eagles consistently had officials that were stingy with penalties and both sides weren’t getting calls, but when the disparity is like this you cannot claim that your team isn’t the beneficiary of officiating. 

They absolutely have been and it’s been to their benefit especially when you consider that the Eagles have played in 8 games decided by less than one score. I have numerous clips showing outrageous penalties committed by the Eagles that went uncalled too. 

Kudos to the Eagles for still winning those games and capitalizing in these close games, but you cannot also try to claim that the Eagles aren’t getting favorable calls consistently. They’re becoming Steeler-esque in terms of favoritism. 

That's funny, considering the amount of borderline penalties called against the Eagles that allowed Dallas to drive all the way down the field at the end a few weeks ago - including a roughing the passer, that while technically legit, could easily have been let go and nobody would have complained.

Yesterday, when marching towards the game-tying drive, they were called for two center false starts that were very borderline (and how often does that even get called?) that backed them out of tying range (I don't think the odds were in favor of their kicker making a 59-yard kick on a gross field in pouring rain.)

They were also hit with a very borderline roughing call on Buffalo's drive in OT, that could easily have been let slide.

So no - objectively (and yes, I'm not some immature fan boy that can't view his team objectively), I don't think they've been getting the benefit of the doubt any more than any other typical missed call.  If anything, they've been getting hosed at ends of games (it happened against KC too.)