2023 NFL Regular Season Through Super Bowl LVIII

Not sure if another team has had a stretch like this (I'm assume so, but I don't pay attention to other teams) but they're playing the 4 other teams with the most wins over the past three seasons - in a row.

Somehow 2-0 so far.  Don't know how, other than Jalen Hurts being the most calm and cold-blooded player I've ever seen.

pS06B6H.png

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

3 hours ago, DG_ThenNowForever said:

Brady is the GOAT. Belichick was a long for the ride. We had our question answered for real this season.

In Belichick's defense, he coached the '94  Browns to an 11-5 record and a playoff win over...you guessed it...New England with Vinnie Testaverde at QB. That has to count for something.

• Like 2

BB52Big.jpg

2 minutes ago, infrared41 said:

In Belichick's defense, he coached the '94  Browns to an 11-5 record and a playoff win over...you guessed it...New England with Vinnie Testaverde at QB. That has to count for something.

I go for the idea that Brady/Belichick was an equal partnership at first, but Brady overtook his coach in significance somewhere around 2007-10.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, infrared41 said:

Then how do you know if the team the Eagles are playing is any good or not? 🙃

I know who has the best records and who's at the top of the standings, but I don't follow any other team's schedule or day-by-day goings on.  After they beat the Chiefs, I had to check the standings like 15 times just to confirm it was real.

Also I believe whatever the writers and insiders on X (the platform formerly known as Twitter) tell me to believe (which is also how I know who to vote for in elections... though now I wonder why half these people have bios written in Cyrillic).

Per said Russian hackers:

Eagles are somehow:
** Are 27-2 in their last 29 regular-season games started by Jalen Hurts

** Have won 14 straight against teams with winning records

EDIT:

To whichever dope called them the Vikings, please find a stretch of Viking football where they won 14 straight against teams with winning records.  I doubt they've won more than a few per season.

• Like 1

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

52 minutes ago, SFGiants58 said:

I go for the idea that Brady/Belichick was an equal partnership at first, but Brady overtook his coach in significance somewhere around 2007-10.

I'd argue that Belichick began to rely on Brady too much. He started rolling the dice on personnel decisions because he knew he had the 2nd best QB of all-time to bail him out on the players that didn't work out. The team kept winning despite his bonehead personnel decisions, the wear really started to show, and here we are.

• Like 2

BB52Big.jpg

48 minutes ago, BBTV said:

To whichever dope called them the Vikings, please find a stretch of Viking football where they won 14 straight against teams with winning records.  I doubt they've won more than a few per season.

I think that dude is a dope too, but I think what he’s referring to is that like the Vikings last year,  the Eagles also have an insane record in one-score games this season. They are 7-1 in those games and their biggest win is only by 14 points. 

They’re not blowing out teams like they did last year, and somehow keep finding ways to win these close games which is similar to what Minnesota did last year. 

The better comp would be the 2021 Titans or 2020 Steelers with the exception that the Eagles are winning every single one of their games against good teams and haven’t lost one yet (however, winning games against teams with winning records during the regular season doesn’t correlate to postseason success).

Cowboys - Lakers - LAFC - USMNT - LA Rams - LA Kings - NUFC 

2 hours ago, SFGiants58 said:

The first three Super Bowls were more Belichick than Brady.  After that it gets foggier but the league changed and Belichick let Brady cook.  Even then, though, the defense was always competent and won them Super Bowl LIII.  Somewhere along the way Belichick became the worst personnel guy in the league, but I feel like that was pretty late in the partnership.  If I remember correctly, they were always kicking the can down the road with regards to the cap and it finally caught up to them around the time Brady left.  Then Belichick went mad or stopped caring or whatever it was and made Matt Patricia his offensive coordinator.  Worth noting Brady's last season in New England was Belichick's otherworldly defense carrying Brady's lifeless offense to a 12-4 record.

3 hours ago, Unocal said:

Buffalo might as well tank.

Trade Josh Allen in the offseason for a QB who actually PROTECTS THE BALL

For as much as he turns the ball over, which is way too much, I think Josh Allen is the only reason the Bills are even relevant.  And frankly, he deserves zero blame today.  If Gabe Davis makes the correct read on an option route, they win that game in OT.

• Like 4

IUe6Hvh.png

Yeah, but they’re not 6-5. I think their luck will run out eventually, but they’re still very good.

Also, *adjusts tin foil hat* the league wants another Kelce brothers Super Bowl with Taylor Swift in attendance so they’re going to keep benefiting from the most one-sided officiating I’ve ever seen. 

• Like 1

IUe6Hvh.png

4 hours ago, Unocal said:

Philly is 5 plays from 6-5

Forget BUF, forget KC, forget DAL,

THEY SHOULD HAVE LOST TWICE TO WASHINGTON

I don't know why I'm wasting 30 seconds replying to you, but if they were 6-5 with losses in super close games, then people could say that those teams "should have lost to the Eagles", and the cycle repeats itself.  Fans of bad teams usually play the "we were 5 plays away from having 5 more wins".  Eagles fans are critical, and do know that they're a few plays away from having a few losses, but they  are 10-1.  And are beating good teams.  And have shown that they can win in playoffs and compete toe-to-toe in a super bowl.  The Vikings, they are not.  They'll lose the nexxt two tough.

4 hours ago, See Red said:

they’re going to keep benefiting from the most one-sided officiating I’ve ever seen. 

Who's getting one-sided officiating?  The Eagles, who get called for two questionable false snaps on the center which took them out of normal-tying field goal range at the end of regulation?  Get called for defensive holding seemingly every drive, and always get a 'roughing the passer' in the 4th quarter of nearly every game (in at least one case where the QB fell on his own without even being touched)?

• Like 2

Everyone is 5 plays away from being [significantly different record]. That's how the NFL works. 

Some of you might be tempted to take the Steelers seriously and I am warning you do not fall for it again. Look at their schedule and then look at who they have left. That is a bad football team living off of a Steelersy run of fortunate scheduling. The Eagles aren't last year's Vikings (another really :censored:ing stupid take from our friend up thread), the Steelers are, except they're worse. 

• Like 6

PvO6ZWJ.png

12 hours ago, Unocal said:

The eagles are last year's Vikings

smoke and mirrors

10 hours ago, BBTV said:

To whichever dope called them the Vikings, please find a stretch of Viking football where they won 14 straight against teams with winning records. 

That would probably be about 50 years ago, and I'm just barely old enough to remember it.

Why do you people keep dragging the Vikings into this dumb conversation? We are over here, minding our own business, having a perfectly forgettable season, not bothering any of you.  Is everyone still all bent out of shape because we actually got to enjoy ourselves for a while last year?  Leave us alone, you ghouls!

• Like 5
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 3

I don’t understand the Washington fans who are foaming at the mouth for a new QB in the off season. Sam Howell is the best this team has had since Cousins and even pre-injury Alex Smith.

He is statistically one of the best in league (including 1st in passing yards) and is 100% not the reason the Mandies lose their games. It’s the horrendously coached and played defense constantly giving up big plays.

Get the hell out of here with this “Tank for Caleb Williams” horse :censored:. Get Howell the protection he is in dire need of.

• Like 1

On 11/24/2023 at 9:25 AM, oldschoolvikings said:

That guy’s first name was Speed and last name was Racer.  What if the poor bastard had just wanted to be a pastry chef?

Probably better than being Mr. Despair or Dr. Death though 😄

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

7 hours ago, Unocal said:

I don't know what's more amazing- that the Bills are going to miss the playoffs or that the goddamn Colts/Broncos will make it

Hell, this Packers team that kept shooting themselves in the foot might sneak into the playoffs

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

1 hour ago, DCarp1231 said:

I don’t understand the Washington fans who are foaming at the mouth for a new QB in the off season. Sam Howell is the best this team has had since Cousins and even pre-injury Alex Smith.

He is statistically one of the best in league (including 1st in passing yards) and is 100% not the reason the Mandies lose their games. It’s the horrendously coached and played defense constantly giving up big plays.

Get the hell out of here with this “Tank for Caleb Williams” horse :censored:. Get Howell the protection he is in dire need of.

It would help him so much if they invested in their line and gave him more of a chance to see the field and make plays.  From the little I've seen, when he does get time, he makes good decisions, has good touch, and can move enough to extend plays just enough to find a guy.  But that doesn't seem to happen consistently.  

Good teams spend top-10 picks on OL/DL.  Looks like they occasionally invest in DL, but they've been neglecting OL.

Better teams invest in the 1st round, but also identify guys later on (Jason Kelce 6th rd, Jordan Mailata - never played american football before - 7th rd.)  Rest of guys 1st or 2nd.

EDIT: I don't know how good of a comparison this is since I haven't watched either enough, but it feels like he could be having a similar run as Brock Purdy, and if you flipped them, we'd be having the same convo about each other just in reverse.

• Like 2