2023 NFL Regular Season Through Super Bowl LVIII

1 hour ago, MJWalker45 said:

I would love to see this again. one half with CFL rules, one half with NFL rules. They stopped doing these games before I ever got a chance to see them. 

What would be the spread in that game? KC -70 with an over/under of 70? Or would it crack the three digit barrier?

3 hours ago, Digby said:

I don't know that it's nefarious illuminati stuff or anything, but it does generally reflect the overall cultural moment of monoculture and everything having to be all-or-nothing. Which, if you're not a superfan, I can relate to that being tiring and fatiguing. Also they're both too good and too famous so that the endless content about them is pretty dull, it really brings out the most vapid space-filling tendencies of the TV guys. Like anything else, there's more fun in rooting for an underdog.

We might be saying the same thing here, but the reason this pairing has become such a big deal is because it converges two highly sought-after demographics onto one platform. 

Some marketing to the NFL can expect to get an audience of devoted sports fans willing to spend money on their team. Add Taylor Swift to the mix, and now you've increased the chance that you're also marketing to a young, fanatical audience of pop star fans. The value of that marketing opportunity goes up considerably. 

So suddenly we now see people wearing Chiefs-colored sweatshirts that say "Go Taylor's Boyfriend." And we see diehard football fans who don't understand the hoopla and annoyed by the incursion. 

On 2/11/2024 at 10:33 PM, ManillaToad said:

The Chiefs won the Super Bowl in the Raiders' stadium and the Lombardi was handed to them by John Elway.  Brutal night for the rest of the AFC West

So brutal that the Chargers went without mention :D 

• LOL 2

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

On 2/12/2024 at 9:20 PM, burgundy said:

I'm too young too have seen Bradshaw play either, but from what I have seen and from what people describe, I'd say he's "Matt Stafford, but on a team full of HOFers"

But did he ever start a fight while being blown out and not get ejected for it?  (Yes, while everybody else is irrationally angry about the camera cutting to Taylor Swift every now and then, I'm still irrationally furious about that one time Stafford started a fight while the Bears were blowing the Lions out and somehow didn't get tossed for it.)

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬