MLB 2024 Uniform/Logo Changes

TrueYankee26

5 hours ago, Silent Wind of Doom said:

Hehehe.  I didn't honestly think there was chicanery going on.  It was just my brain's knee-jerk reaction.  The fonts are actually different with the o, e, r and s all making that clear.  It's just funny to see two teams with a one-line, darkish blue, three-word, cursive wordmark.

Yeah I figured, I’ll just take any chance I can get to knock the Yankees down a peg 😉

• Like 1
  • LOL 1

29 minutes ago, Silent Wind of Doom said:

And now we're going to get a memorial patch for the Giants.

Sad to see the game's elder statesman go.  Who is now the greatest remaining legend?  Nolan Ryan?

I'd say either him or Sandy Koufax. So sad that Willie Mays has passed away.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, csura999 said:

I had his name flash across my brain as I was thinking if there were any Dodger greats still around, but was certain he'd died in the last fifteen or so years.  Good to know he's still kicking.

• Like 3

spacer.png

spacer.png

12 hours ago, Around the Horn said:

To add on to the previous Aaron Judge discussion, Nestor Cortez is currently pitching with a seafoam green glove with the same torch logo as we speak

baltimore-orioles-v-new-york-yankees.web

I think the Yankees should get some Statue of Liberty themed hat and where all this green colored gear with the normal pinstripes and call it there city connect.

• Like 1
  • Dislike 1

spacer.png

10 hours ago, csura999 said:

OTOH, the man did live to 93. His passing is sad, but much less so than if he'd left us at say, 39. 
If I can do it in good health, I'd be thrilled to make it to 93. I certainly don't expect to. 

• Like 2

17 hours ago, MJD7 said:

Looks like a counterfeit to me, which would explain why the sleeve logo is still in blue.

The interfacing on the NOB is usually a good tell for a knockoff.

Dodgers should have took inspiration from the Dodger Stadium 60th Anniversary logo for a mid century modern/googie architecture twist to their regular uniforms for their City Connects. Use the same color pallet, fonts, and incorporate the hexagon scoreboard and pavilion rooftop shapes and maybe other googie inspiration. 

FQ5_9PZVIAAhRDl.jpg

LA googie building artwork:

chips.png

union76.png

norms.png

il_570xN.2490247754_68yc.jpg

• Like 8
  • Love 8

I would love for the Dodgers to come up with a fun and eye-catching Googie set and then proceed to never wear it in actual games because they're the goddamn Dodgers. But fashion jerseys and t-shirts with parabolas and pastels? Yeah for sure.

• Like 5
  • LOL 1

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

8 hours ago, WestCoastBias said:

Dodgers should have took inspiration from the Dodger Stadium 60th Anniversary logo for a mid century modern/googie architecture twist to their regular uniforms for their City Connects. Use the same color pallet, fonts, and incorporate the hexagon scoreboard and pavilion rooftop shapes and maybe other googie inspiration. 

FQ5_9PZVIAAhRDl.jpg

LA googie building artwork:

chips.png

union76.png

norms.png

il_570xN.2490247754_68yc.jpg

I would love  to see that. Combining the Dodger Stadium pastel seat colors with the 60’s aesthetic would make for a wonderful City Connect. They almost went there with the funfetti, but the use of navy kind of drags it down a little.

• Like 4

6 hours ago, The_Admiral said:

I would love for the Dodgers to come up with a fun and eye-catching Googie set and then proceed to never wear it in actual games because they're the goddamn Dodgers. But fashion jerseys and t-shirts with parabolas and pastels? Yeah for sure.

Totally.  But if they were to lose their minds and make a city connect (oh wait...), they could spend the extra $ and make patches that contain indivudal letters to use for the NOBs (even if that means the actual letter is even smaller than it is now) (maybe even do them vertical like that Norms sign), an actual 60's style number, and something "Jetsons"-ish for the front script, since that kinda goes along with the theme.

We had a lot of that around here, just like most places did by the time the early '80s rolled around.  Then 99% of it vanished.  It's making a bit of a comeback now (in the city), but more in a "throwback" way than an actual revival.  Ironically, 99% of people going to these bougie places have no idea what the inspiration was or that every place looked like that back in the day.

• Like 1

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

7 hours ago, The_Admiral said:

I would love to wake up and discover that Majestic was still around, and that this whole Nike "experience" was the result of something I ate. Alas, it's not to be.

• LOL 3

I have MLB big inning on in the background, here are some random observations:

-Nationals raglan uniform with the colored sleeves and white front panel hat is actually a look I like

-Dbacks teal and black uniform looks really good.

-A's uniforms look good no matter what.

-Twins navy top looks good with long socks

-Rockies should not change their look.  They aren't good enough to change their look without it being a desperate try for attention.  Plus their look is fine. 

-Yankees sea foam green accessories actually look cool ngl

-Twins make a four-point comeback to tie the game in the ninth.  I love baseball; it's never over.

• Like 5

On 6/14/2024 at 6:02 PM, FrutigerAero said:

My problem with the Giants when I saw them last year is I had to google "why do giants uniforms have a big brown blob on them now".

EDIT: I appreciate that they're true to the original look though

They said on broadcast that they inherited the uniforms from a team called the San Francisco Cubs. All they did was change the franchise name. 

That explains why that blob looks very un-sea lionlike and very cubby. Remarkable stuff. 

• Like 1

i have unquantifiable corpses on my conscience 

I've always loved the St. Louis Stars hat. I have owned a few of the remakes in recent years. Thought it looked great last night. And it also looked great on the batting helmet. Might have to pick one up after last night

12 hours ago, (probably)notabandwagonfan said:

If I'm not mistaken, it looks like Nike used last year's template for the uniforms.

The sleeves have actual sleeve piping instead of elastic inserts and the MLB logo is above the the headspoon piping instead of below it. 

Pants appear to be current template.