MLS Kits 2024

kylonian

On 2023-10-09 at 5:39 PM, Brian in Boston said:

As a supporter and season ticket-holder since Day 1, I have to say that I'm just not feeling this. While I welcome the return of the club's badge to where it ought to be - positioned over a player or supporter's heart - the rest is leaving me cold.

I've always wondered what pinstripes might look like on an LAFC kit. Now that I know, I'm not a fan. I much prefer the subtlety of the black-on-black sublimated patterns that marked our inaugural and current jersey designs. The art deco motif on the present version is my particular favorite (though the positioning of the crest isn't optimal). 

It's almost certainly not real, the actual design could be (and probably should be) quite different from that shirt.

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/21/2023 at 7:41 PM, VampyrRabbit said:

For those of you who were hoping that Seattle would change the shade of green on their jerseys, word from Scuttlebutt is that is just what is going to happen. But it's going to be to a shade called Solar Slime Green.

How could they switch to the cyan outline and the deeper dark blue, and then change the green and the application blue to have even lower contrast with the outline? 😭 

And to top it off they fauxback to the ugly 2006 template... I really hope this isn't anything close to real...

The lighter green decision better not be just to ensure green vs green against Portland and Austin. Third jerseys are the only real solution.

I had so much hope when they released this mockup and this fauxback shirsey; they should've just made a jersey out of this for next year:

r1230441_2_1280x720_16-9.jpgffb55yrpx7eshc1mfs17.jpg

• Like 4

That article has an error - as usual with those folk! - the colour is called "Semi Solar LIME" not "SLIME" and it's pretty similar to this 

r1230441_2_1280x720_16-9.jpg

Don't get your hopes up about the template though - if that LAFC top is indeed fake, which I suspect it is, all MLS tops should use the "if Midjourney was given a "design an adidas football shirt from 2007" prompt" template!

• Like 4

1 hour ago, hendocfc said:

That article has an error - as usual with those folk! - the colour is called "Semi Solar LIME" not "SLIME" and it's pretty similar to this 

r1230441_2_1280x720_16-9.jpg

Don't get your hopes up about the template though - if that LAFC top is indeed fake, which I suspect it is, all MLS tops should use the "if Midjourney was given a "design an adidas football shirt from 2007" prompt" template!

Semi Solar Lime is the shade for the shirt, not the crest FTR. adidas does use a colour called Semi Solar Slime though.

Adidas-Deerupt-Semi-Solar-Slime-Core-Black-6-1600.jpg&f=1&nofb=1&ipt=1e794f36afcac2a21d8fe20d5ca1801a6125f406c18680a32600e1d21c69e5b2&ipo=images

If you're right, then good job Seattle will be using Semi Solar Lime, which is a lot nicer.

42 minutes ago, Toronto206 said:

Why wouldn’t the Sounders use the colors they just unveiled on their new home kit?

They have a brain fart and go back to the old shades?

side-by-side-colors-comp-old-vs-new-gree

Here are the new shades of green and blue side by side with the old ones. The new ones are brighter and for my money at least, a lot nicer.

• Like 6
  • Hurl 1

46 minutes ago, Toronto206 said:

Why wouldn’t the Sounders use the colors they just unveiled on their new home kit?

4 minutes ago, VampyrRabbit said:

They have a brain fart and go back to the old shades?

The uniforms were likely already designed prior to the new logo release, so they're rolling with what was already made for them. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

1 minute ago, MJWalker45 said:

The uniforms were likely already designed prior to the new logo release, so they're rolling with what was already made for them. 

So there is a chance Seattle could be wearing pea soup coloured shirts for two years after finally changing the shade of green.

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, WBeltz said:

I would suspect that MLS teams use the WC template, as it seems like usually the templates carry over for 2 seasons, before moving to a new one. 

The MLS Exclusive template was only used for new kit rollouts for the 2020 season with the exception of Austin, who used that template for their 2021 change, which was replaced the following year. A new template was released for 2021, and a new one the following year, which St Louis used for their change kit for this season. This year, the teams used a new template that was first introduced during the 2022 World Cup. 

It's likely that a new template will be introduced.

23 hours ago, VampyrRabbit said:

Semi Solar Lime is the shade for the shirt, not the crest FTR. adidas does use a colour called Semi Solar Slime though.

Adidas-Deerupt-Semi-Solar-Slime-Core-Black-6-1600.jpg&f=1&nofb=1&ipt=1e794f36afcac2a21d8fe20d5ca1801a6125f406c18680a32600e1d21c69e5b2&ipo=images

If you're right, then good job Seattle will be using Semi Solar Lime, which is a lot nicer.

FH spews nonsense all the time. If you’re looking for someone to trust on these matters, it’s @hendocfc.

• Like 2

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

2 hours ago, MJWalker45 said:

I just don't get why they would still mess up the jersey like that after announcing the logo redesign process like almost 2 years ago : (

On 10/23/2023 at 11:59 AM, hendocfc said:

Oh thank goodness

• 3 weeks later...

The Timbers have announced their new jersey advertiser, DaBella:

I’m mostly just glad it’s a local company, and the logo looks fine enough. It’s still a significant downgrade from Alaska Airlines IMO, and there were several other options that I would’ve preferred, but it’s fine. We’ve seen much worse across the league.

• Like 2

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

13 minutes ago, upperV03 said:

I’m mostly just glad it’s a local company, and the logo looks fine enough. It’s still a significant downgrade from Alaska Airlines IMO, and there were several other options that I would’ve preferred, but it’s fine. We’ve seen much worse across the league.

I would have preferred if the butterfly was to one side or the other, so it's a wordmark. The stacked ads don't look good unless it's multiple words.

• Like 1
  • Applause 1

24 minutes ago, upperV03 said:

qss1cnttpe0c1.jpg

Are they using replica jerseys? I don't see the Apple TV logo under the MLS crest.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

8 minutes ago, MJWalker45 said:

qss1cnttpe0c1.jpg

Are they using replica jerseys? I don't see the Apple TV logo under the MLS crest.

That was just for the presentation event they apparently had last night. They probably didn’t have any blank authentics to print up.

• Like 1

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

8 minutes ago, upperV03 said:

That was just for the presentation event they apparently had last night. They probably didn’t have any blank authentics to print up.

I figured as much, I would have loved for the Apple TV logo to disappear but I was pretty sure we aren't that lucky. 

• Applause 1

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png