MLS Kits 2024

kylonian

Didn't expect to be starting this so early but here we are! LAFC's new primary has leaked and personally I absolutely love it, gorgeous. Will be such a shame if it's spoiled by the huge Flex logo, but pinstripes seems like such a correct choice.

spacer.png

• Like 11

3 hours ago, kylonian said:

Didn't expect to be starting this so early but here we are! LAFC's new primary has leaked and personally I absolutely love it, gorgeous. Will be such a shame if it's spoiled by the huge Flex logo, but pinstripes seems like such a correct choice.

spacer.png

This also confirms that MLS will be using the same 2022 World Cup template from Adidas next season. 

I really like this kit, and I think my only nitpick is that they should put that think collar striping on the sleeve cuffs too. Though it's possible this is a replica shirt and the authentic may actually have the sleeve cuff striping. 

• Like 1

AM-JKLUm-gD6dFoY5MvQGgjXb2rzP7kMTHmGf8UsR6KOCYQnHU-0HSFi-zjXHepGDckUAHcduu3pVgvwxe06RKDW2y2Z2BmhEOe8OP-WSY1XqLT9KsQ0ZP75J9loQuNrvLW208pEWCg9jq8aNx-zFneH9aPQQA=w800-h112-no?authuser=0

spacer.png

I'm not sure of course, but I think that LAFC shirt is fake. It's been pointed out to me that the inside neck sizing label is the wrong material and the adidas and LAFC branding all looks the wrong size. Might be a prototype design that will be transferred onto the newer silhouette - or not, for all I know.

It looks like a prototype to me. There are a couple things that are a little questionable, as @hendocfc mentioned, but the overall construction is on par with this year’s authentic MLS shirts. It may be a surprise to some that this would seem to point to the 2024 shirts using the same template as this year’s, but it actually makes quite a bit of sense when you consider that Adidas’ Euro 24 and Copa America kits are scheduled to be released around March or April. Those kits will be the debut of the teamgeist-inspired 2024 template.

• Like 3

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

So by the count, these are the kits that will see a change:

St. Louis City (Away)

LAFC (Home)

LA Galaxy (Home)

Charlotte FC (Home)

MNUFC (Home)

Portland (Away)

Atlanta (Away)

NYCFC (Away)

NY Red Bulls (Away)

Columbus (Home)

Inter Miami (Home)

Houston (Away)

Austin FC (Away)

Vancouver (Away)

Nashville (Home)

Chicago (Home)

Cincinnati (Away)

Toronto FC (Away)

New England (Home)

Philadelphia (Home)

Orlando (Away)

Montreal (Away)

DC United (Home)

Seattle (Home)

Real Salt Lake (Home)

San Jose (Away)

Colorado (Home)

Edited by WBeltz

On 2023-09-25 at 4:09 PM, kylonian said:

Didn't expect to be starting this so early but here we are! LAFC's new primary has leaked and personally I absolutely love it, gorgeous.

spacer.png

As mentioned before, it's almost certainly a fake and the actual LA jersey might be very different, but it does look good - from the front at least. From the back though, it has the same solid back and huge, ungainly back panels that blighted a lot of the MLS shirts from this year.

https://www.footyheadlines.com/2023/09/lafc-2024-home-kit.html

• Like 1

I still don't like the "Bruce Lee Kit" whatsoever and the new Sounders crest still feels a bit too generic-Seattle to me, but I do have to say the design looks much nicer in that higher contrast, dark color as the background shield application.

• Like 2

Showcasing fan-made sports apparel by artists and designers

For the first time in their MLS history, the Timbers will have a different company’s logo on the front of their shirts next year:

Really is a shame, as Alaska has been one of the better looking sponsors in the league (even with all of the logo variations the Timbers have worn). I’ll always have a soft spot for Alaska for putting their retro logo on the Timbers’ two retro third kits.

The linked article says that the Timbers have already inked a deal with a new sponsor, so there’s no chance of them being sponsorless next year. My absolute best case scenario would be Tillamook, who T2 had as a sponsor last year:

spacer.png

Realistically I think it could well be Dutch Bros, who has been the training kit sponsor for a few years. I’m hoping it’s not Daimler, who is the current sponsor for T2. Their logo looks abysmal on the kits:

spacer.png

• Like 1
  • Applause 1

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

On 9/25/2023 at 8:09 AM, kylonian said:

spacer.png

As a supporter and season ticket-holder since Day 1, I have to say that I'm just not feeling this. While I welcome the return of the club's badge to where it ought to be - positioned over a player or supporter's heart - the rest is leaving me cold.

I've always wondered what pinstripes might look like on an LAFC kit. Now that I know, I'm not a fan. I much prefer the subtlety of the black-on-black sublimated patterns that marked our inaugural and current jersey designs. The art deco motif on the present version is my particular favorite (though the positioning of the crest isn't optimal). 

On 10/8/2023 at 9:50 AM, upperV03 said:

For the first time in their MLS history, the Timbers will have a different company’s logo on the front of their shirts next year:

Really is a shame, as Alaska has been one of the better looking sponsors in the league (even with all of the logo variations the Timbers have worn). I’ll always have a soft spot for Alaska for putting their retro logo on the Timbers’ two retro third kits.

The linked article says that the Timbers have already inked a deal with a new sponsor, so there’s no chance of them being sponsorless next year. My absolute best case scenario would be Tillamook, who T2 had as a sponsor last year:

Realistically I think it could well be Dutch Bros, who has been the training kit sponsor for a few years. I’m hoping it’s not Daimler, who is the current sponsor for T2. Their logo looks abysmal on the kits:

I'm guessing TikTok will be promoted to the front of the shirts and a new sleeve sponsor will slide in down the road. 

2 hours ago, MJWalker45 said:

I hope not. That thing will look horrible on the front of the shirts.

I personally would be surprised to see TikTok get the front shirt sponsorship. If they did, though, it wouldn’t look too bad as long as they used the horizontal logo like what Wrexham had on the front of their shirts the last two seasons:

spacer.png

spacer.png

• Like 4

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

8 minutes ago, BrySmalls said:

I'm curious if Inter Miami FC will introduce more than three jerseys in the upcoming season in order to maximize their revenue during Messi's tenure with the club, which extends until 2025.

At most, you'll have four:
Primary
Secondary
Third
Parley (league-wide)

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Beantown33 said:

At most, you'll have four:
Primary
Secondary
Third
Parley (league-wide)

Will Miami qualify for a 3rd though? NYCFC, NYRB, Toronto and Atlanta got thirds this year, and I would assume those carry over into next year, but will the league do more roll outs like that where 4-5 teams each year get a third for whatever reason? Because 3 of those 4 I wouldn't have seen getting a third based on that sales number that gets thrown around and has been for however long.

42 minutes ago, BrySmalls said:

I'm curious if Inter Miami FC will introduce more than three jerseys in the upcoming season in order to maximize their revenue during Messi's tenure with the club, which extends until 2025.

I'd be surprised if MLS allows it, but they could go the Austin FC route and create some collaborative jersey designs. Austin has a jersey designed with a local company and adidas that won't be worn on the field.

Adidas Skateboarding x No-Comply x Austin FC – No Comply Skateshop

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

1 hour ago, WBeltz said:

Will Miami qualify for a 3rd though? NYCFC, NYRB, Toronto and Atlanta got thirds this year, and I would assume those carry over into next year, but will the league do more roll outs like that where 4-5 teams each year get a third for whatever reason? Because 3 of those 4 I wouldn't have seen getting a third based on that sales number that gets thrown around and has been for however long.

With the # of Messi jerseys I've seen, I would be shocked if they didn't qualify off of just his alone. Don't know what the turnaround time looks like for that, but imagine that MLS + Adidas would expedite it in order to take full advantage of the situation.   

• Like 2
Margaret.png
9JR5Pzv.png