MLS Kits 2024

kylonian

1 hour ago, BlazerBlaze said:

Atlanta United just updated their socials to Blue & Gold so we'll see our first view of the Resurgens kits this Sunday against Orlando. 

I like the Resurgens kit and think it’s a nice representation of the city. However, I don’t like Orlando wearing purple inside Mercedes Benz Stadium. Save the secondary kit for a couple home games against other teams but not your rival. Side note, I don’t like wearing alternate kits at home but whattaya gonna do.

• Like 1

Seems like quite a few teams will be wearing their secondary kits at home today. We already know about Atlanta and Columbus, but NYCFC, Dallas, and Houston are all doing so as well. It won’t surprise me if SKC follows suit.

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

4 hours ago, upperV03 said:

Seems like quite a few teams will be wearing their secondary kits at home today. We already know about Atlanta and Columbus, but NYCFC, Dallas, and Houston are all doing so as well. It won’t surprise me if SKC follows suit.

I feel like this is done semi-regularly when a team unveils a secondary kit in MLS.  

• Like 1

6 hours ago, WBeltz said:

I feel like this is done semi-regularly when a team unveils a secondary kit in MLS.  

I think for Columbus, it's a better clash than yellow vs red, but I also think games like this are why third kits should be for every team. Red Bulls could have worn their graffiti kit from last year and Columbus could wear their primaries.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

mens-adidas-green-austin-fc-2024-one-planet-pre-match-top_ss5_p-201195868+pv-1+u-wmnbfsucjf4bsdecpspm+v-gky4ggffwb5genwyb14i.jpg?_hv=2&w=900mens-adidas-blue-columbus-crew-2024-one-planet-pre-match-top_ss5_p-201195882+pv-1+u-oglvnjwdqabdzgtg7kuf+v-eozhwozdqtijgofzrjrt.jpg?_hv=2&w=900mens-adidas-brown-chicago-fire-2024-one-planet-pre-match-top_ss5_p-201195885+pv-1+u-rxjejzzwjkqqq9porklu+v-tfwqpvcuwrwtxmetwmqg.jpg?_hv=2&w=900

MLS One Planet jerseys. Three different jersey color sets this year! They're also using the 2024 adidas template.  MLS lists them as pre-match shirts instead of game jerseys though. 

• Like 1

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

41 minutes ago, MJWalker45 said:

mens-adidas-green-austin-fc-2024-one-planet-pre-match-top_ss5_p-201195868+pv-1+u-wmnbfsucjf4bsdecpspm+v-gky4ggffwb5genwyb14i.jpg?_hv=2&w=900mens-adidas-blue-columbus-crew-2024-one-planet-pre-match-top_ss5_p-201195882+pv-1+u-oglvnjwdqabdzgtg7kuf+v-eozhwozdqtijgofzrjrt.jpg?_hv=2&w=900mens-adidas-brown-chicago-fire-2024-one-planet-pre-match-top_ss5_p-201195885+pv-1+u-rxjejzzwjkqqq9porklu+v-tfwqpvcuwrwtxmetwmqg.jpg?_hv=2&w=900

MLS One Planet jerseys. Three different jersey color sets this year! They're also using the 2024 adidas template.  MLS lists them as pre-match shirts instead of game jerseys though. 

Our long national nightmare of hideous recycled plastic MLS jerseys have been relegated from game use to strictly prematch use! 🙌 A great cause but they always looked terrible.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, aawagner011 said:

Our long national nightmare of hideous recycled plastic MLS jerseys have been relegated from game use to strictly prematch use! 🙌 A great cause but they always looked terrible.

I'm betting they end up getting used in game, since the Crew have Ohio Health as their pregame/practice shirt sponsor.  I'd be happy if they aren't though.  If they treat these like the Love United shirts I'll be fine with that, but with different colors it makes me think they'll be game wear.  

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

31 minutes ago, MJWalker45 said:

I'm betting they end up getting used in game, since the Crew have Ohio Health as their pregame/practice shirt sponsor.  I'd be happy if they aren't though.  If they treat these like the Love United shirts I'll be fine with that, but with different colors it makes me think they'll be game wear.  

The league is specifically calling them prematch tops on their socials and MLS Store sent out an email about them with this blurb:

“Made from recycled materials, our new 2024 One Planet pre-match tops are here! The three distinct color ways (woods, soil and water) are inspired by reforestation and our natural ecosystems. In celebration of Earth Week, all MLS clubs will be sporting these in their pre-match warmups.

• Like 2
  • Applause 1

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

👏 no more who's playing who guessing with all teams looking the same as the other half of the league.

🤦‍♂️ still nothing environmental friendly about one off jerseys/uniforms, even if the are from recycled materials.

• Like 2