MLS Kits 2024

kylonian

On 2/26/2024 at 10:30 AM, hereandthere said:

If anyone is intereste, the European Adidas store is selling the new Timbers kit in a sponsorless version spacer.png

I'm guessing these should be appearing on US sites soon now. 

• LOL 1

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

13 minutes ago, MrOrange said:

Vancouver Whitecaps 2023-2024 "Bloodline" primary jersey without sponsor - from Sportcheck.ca

spacer.png

Is there some rule I'm missing out on? I can understand the Galaxy jersey missing a sponsor in Europe because it's a MLM, but what's with the others? 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

31 minutes ago, MrOrange said:

Vancouver Whitecaps 2023-2024 "Bloodline" primary jersey without sponsor - from Sportcheck.ca

spacer.png

In cases like this, I wish teams would place a wordmark there. The kit is empty without something in that stripe.

• Like 6
  • Dislike 1

the user formerly known as cdclt

40 minutes ago, MJWalker45 said:

Is there some rule I'm missing out on? I can understand the Galaxy jersey missing a sponsor in Europe because it's a MLM, but what's with the others? 

Certain companies or industries are prohibited from advertising - however rules vary from country to country AND even competition to competition.

in my country for example: betting sponsorship is only allowed IF the betting company sets up an local office, registers for a national gambling licence, accepts financial checks, pays licence fees and taxes - which are mostly used to combat gambling addiction and so on.

the Galaxy merch always had the herb-a-life sponsorship in sports retailer stores though.

had the Galaxy played a game here, the would have had to at least cover their logos with tape.

31 minutes ago, sky1324 said:

In cases like this, I wish teams would place a wordmark there. The kit is empty without something in that stripe.

Yeap, either that or actually make a design/pattern that is visible enough with/without sponsor.

• Like 1

One time I ordered an MLS jersey from a site that sells more youth-soccer teamwear than pro replica jerseys, because the photos on the listing led me to believe they had miraculously/accidentally stocked a bunch of sponsorless versions. Imagine my disappointment when the package showed up and the sponsor was, in fact, printed on as normal. 

• Like 1
  • LOL 3
  • Hate 1
  • Sad 1

no-xl-holidays-logo-west-brom-v-west-ham

I wonder if we'd possibly see something like this on the weekend for Portland? As was pointed out by the mothership, Chelsea simply kept wearing what they had last year when Three cancelled their partnership, but mainly because they couldn't print new shirts per UK rules concerning the club.

• Like 2

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

41 minutes ago, MJWalker45 said:

no-xl-holidays-logo-west-brom-v-west-ham

I wonder if we'd possibly see something like this on the weekend for Portland? As was pointed out by the mothership, Chelsea simply kept wearing what they had last year when Three cancelled their partnership, but mainly because they couldn't print new shirts per UK rules concerning the club.

It’s possible, but I would be pretty surprised. Due to the deal with DaBella being signed late last year, I believe the club received blank shirts before the season and were applying the DaBella logo in house. If that is indeed the case, I would assume the EQ staff still has enough blank shirts to use going forward instead of having to apply a box like that over the top^. The Timbers’ CEO has already confirmed that the shirts will be blank tomorrow, so at the very least they won’t have to take the Chelsea route. 

• Like 1

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

14 minutes ago, upperV03 said:

It’s possible, but I would be pretty surprised. Due to the deal with DaBella being signed late last year, I believe the club received blank shirts before the season and were applying the DaBella logo in house. If that is indeed the case, I would assume the EQ staff still has enough blank shirts to use going forward instead of having to apply a box like that over the top^. The Timbers’ CEO has already confirmed that the shirts will be blank tomorrow, so at the very least they won’t have to take the Chelsea route. 

I hope that's the case. Otherwise they might have to order a bunch of replicas from the UK adidas store, until the others get in. At least they're right next to adidas USA's headquarters. 

• Like 1

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

I will be very curious to see the contrast between Seattle and Austin tomorrow night. It’ll very likely be green/blue/white vs. all-cream, but the green sleeves on Austin’s shirt aren’t that far off from the color of Seattle’s shirt. There will also be a sock clash unless either side has alternate socks for their respective kits. 

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

Columbus and RSL both publish the kit matchups, so we know what their two games will look like today:

Columbus will be in all-yellow at Minnesota, who will be in all-black.

RSL will be debuting their new red/blue/red primaries against LAFC, who will be in their smog green kits.

From scouring teams’ social media, it seems like Dallas, Houston, Kansas City, Portland, and Vancouver will all be wearing their secondary kits at home. The latter three will all be debuting theirs, while Houston has already worn theirs in the CCC and Dallas’ is obviously carried over from last year. The other new kits getting debuted today should be Colorado’s primaries (at home vs. Nashville), Chicago’s primaries (at home vs. Cincinnati), and Toronto’s secondaries (at New England).

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

On 3/1/2024 at 8:48 AM, upperV03 said:

I will be very curious to see the contrast between Seattle and Austin tomorrow night. It’ll very likely be green/blue/white vs. all-cream, but the green sleeves on Austin’s shirt aren’t that far off from the color of Seattle’s shirt. There will also be a sock clash unless either side has alternate socks for their respective kits. 

I'm thankful to not be color blind, because I think this game would be impossible.

The Sounders continuing to cause contrast clashes every single year is quite the skill.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

10 hours ago, DG_ThenNowForever said:

I'm thankful to not be color blind, because I think this game would be impossible.

The Sounders continuing to cause contrast clashes every single year is quite the skill.

I thought the same. Seattle had the alternate light blue socks it turned out, but didn't really matter in the context here. Third kits aren't ONLY money grabs. I liked how the new Sounders branding looked on all the signage surrounding the pitch, though.

• Like 3

I’ve got notes for all three Cascadia teams last night.

The Timbers debuted their new secondary kits and the shirts were indeed blank. I think the sponsorless look elevates the shirt substantially and also helps the centered crest be the focal point as intended. I still won’t be surprised if they end up adding their “Stand Together” community platform logo to the shirts at some point in the near future, but I’m kind of hoping they just leave them blank. 
spacer.png
spacer.png

As @Digby mentioned, the Sounders ended up breaking out light blue alternate socks last night to avoid a sock clash with Austin. Just from watching highlights this morning, the contrast between the teams was… not ideal. For the Sounders, it seems like they’re going without a green sock option this year. I find that really strange since green/blue/green has been their traditional kit combo their whole time in MLS (not to mention it’s what the original NASL Sounders wore in 1974). I really think this kit desperately needs some green below the waist.

spacer.png

spacer.png

The Whitecaps debuted their new secondary kits at home and wore navy alternate socks to avoid a sock clash with Charlotte. It was a good look, although I think I prefer the white socks that were shown in the kit unveiling. Side note: I still think this Charlotte kit would look way better with blue socks. Ironically, they conceivably could’ve used the blue socks from their old home kits yesterday, which would’ve allowed Vancouver to wear the navy/navy/white combo. 
spacer.png

spacer.png

• Like 6

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

NYCFC updated branding package. With some new extra colors and icons and some very cool, old-New-York fonts. Seems unlikely that any of this will be used very much in practical ways, this being MLS and a CFG team, so kind of a lot of money and effort for a press release and some new graphics on a Tuesday. But here we are.

https://www.newyorkcityfc.com/brand

On 3/3/2024 at 12:19 PM, upperV03 said:

I’ve got notes for all three Cascadia teams last night.

The Timbers debuted their new secondary kits and the shirts were indeed blank. I think the sponsorless look elevates the shirt substantially and also helps the centered crest be the focal point as intended. I still won’t be surprised if they end up adding their “Stand Together” community platform logo to the shirts at some point in the near future, but I’m kind of hoping they just leave them blank. 
spacer.png
spacer.png

As @Digby mentioned, the Sounders ended up breaking out light blue alternate socks last night to avoid a sock clash with Austin. Just from watching highlights this morning, the contrast between the teams was… not ideal. For the Sounders, it seems like they’re going without a green sock option this year. I find that really strange since green/blue/green has been their traditional kit combo their whole time in MLS (not to mention it’s what the original NASL Sounders wore in 1974). I really think this kit desperately needs some green below the waist.

spacer.png

spacer.png

The Whitecaps debuted their new secondary kits at home and wore navy alternate socks to avoid a sock clash with Charlotte. It was a good look, although I think I prefer the white socks that were shown in the kit unveiling. Side note: I still think this Charlotte kit would look way better with blue socks. Ironically, they conceivably could’ve used the blue socks from their old home kits yesterday, which would’ve allowed Vancouver to wear the navy/navy/white combo. 
spacer.png

spacer.png

Opinion: It look like Vancouver has good contrast with that gold unlike the green teams below (Seattle & Portland). Portland really needs that gold in their kit but the sponsor-less kit works well. As for Seattle, Green Socks would have helped especially if the three stripes were dark green or green-white-blue to tie it in with the kit more...

Through looking at teams’ game notes, I’ve been able to find a few of this week’s kit  matchups:

NYCFC (all-light blue) vs. Portland (all-green)

Toronto (gray/red/gray) vs. Charlotte (blue/white/white)

Atlanta (red/black/red) vs. New England (all-white)

Columbus (all-black) vs. Chicago (white/light blue/white)

RSL (red/blue/red) vs. Colorado (all-light blue)

Here’s my guess at the rest of them:

NYRB (red/black/red) vs. Dallas (all-white)

Orlando (all-lavender) vs. Minnesota (all-black)

Philadelphia (all-navy) vs. Seattle (green/light blue/white)

Austin (green/black/black) vs. St. Louis (all-white)

LAFC (all-black) vs. SKC (all-light blue)

San Jose (all-black) vs. Vancouver (all-white)

Cincy (royal/navy/navy) vs. DC (all-white)

Nashville (yellow/navy/yellow) vs. LAG (all-teal)

Miami (all-pink) vs. Montreal (blue/black/blue)

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1