MLS Kits 2024

kylonian

2 minutes ago, officeglenn said:

Minnesota United "Starry Night" primary kit:

amyx4lqljkiiwycalgzl.jpg

St. Louis CITY SC "Confluence" secondary kit:

zqszcixani1ljjjpjtvs.jpg

The Minnesota kit is actually a lot slicker than I thought it would be. I wonder if there will be a different pattern per kit like we've seen with some jeresys or if they all will look like that.

• Like 2

Sigh. As an MNUFC fan I'm so tired of our on the field lack of identity. Every kit is so random. "Starry night". Like, WTH? Give us the freaking wing back on our primary kit and have that be the basis of our primary identity. Do crazy, out of left field stuff on the secondary kit, fine. But literally every primary kit we have has been so disjointed and random. The lack of a consistent identity drives me mad.

• Like 5

27 minutes ago, officeglenn said:

zqszcixani1ljjjpjtvs.jpg

Hmm. I actually like this. My only nitpick would be the inverted logo. Feels like it would've been more visible and more balanced with the Adidas and Purina logos if it stayed predominantly red.

• Like 3

28 minutes ago, officeglenn said:

Minnesota United "Starry Night" primary kit:

amyx4lqljkiiwycalgzl.jpg

zqszcixani1ljjjpjtvs.jpg

I feel like that Minnesota shirt would have looked better with a flat design star pattern instead of what looks like a sublimated print. St. Louis looks so boring and unfortunately I think that pattern will disappear most of the time. 

44 minutes ago, Digby said:

Sorta off-topic but these unveil photoshoots have become so strange. Who is wearing a jersey tucked in to pleated khakis???

jhqpbhktqga0foqxxo9q.jpg 

Maybe he's waiting until the game starts to untuck it? 

austin-fc-2024-away-kit%20(14).jpg

Are the shorts green, or white? Because I haven't seen them yet. I'd expect them to be green, but seeing what happened with New England who's wearing the same template, who knows? 

fc-dallas-2024-home-kit%20(30).jpg

I actually like this shirt, but the one thing that strikes me as wrong is using the Lamar Hunt memorial patch as a jock tag. Either put it on a sleeve, the back collar, or center it at the front of the jersey between the adidas logo and FC Dallas patch. 

• Like 2

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

6 minutes ago, MJWalker45 said:

austin-fc-2024-away-kit%20(14).jpg

Are the shorts green, or white? Because I haven't seen them yet. I'd expect them to be green, but seeing what happened with New England who's wearing the same template, who knows?

They will have cream and green shorts options. I suspect cream will be used more.

spacer.png

spacer.png

• Like 3

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

Oh, come on, this has to be one of the most incredible and visually coherent home/away sets ever made.

(I understand if MNUFC fans don't love it becuase they want the wing back, but as a neutral non-US kit fan, I absolutely adore both of them)

spacer.png

• Like 14
  • Love 3
  • Applause 1
  • WOAH 1
  • Hurl 1

12 hours ago, 4_tattoos said:

Didn't know Carvana was still in business. Haven't seen or heard about them being active in my area for about 2 years now.

The funny thing is that Carvana has actually been suspended from doing business in the state of Illinois multiple times over the past couple years because of repeated issues. This actually makes them the ideal Chicago Fire shirt sponsor.

It's been a long, long road, but the Fire finally got there. My only initial quibble is that the chest stripe might look better as (from outside in) light blue-red-white, instead of white-light blue-white. The blue gets a bit lost without a more contrasting color next to it.

• Like 2
On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

19 minutes ago, hereandthere said:

Oh, come on, this has to be one of the most incredible and visually coherent home/away sets ever made.

(I understand if MNUFC fans don't love it becuase they want the wing back, but as a neutral non-US kit fan, I absolutely adore both of them)

There's a nice (IMO) unintended consequence of Adidas holding back its new template for the international summer tournaments this time, and kitting out MLS in last year's template for the 2nd year in a row. We've got more teams than usual that have a nice, coherent "set" of home and away jerseys that work nicely together even if they aren't the classic/boring simplistic color swap. 

I know that home/away jerseys feeling part of a set has never been a requirement in soccer, and especially not in the last few years where even the NBA and MLB are getting in on wacky alternate kits so that they can sell an entire differentiated line of merchandise to fans. And I do like plenty of kits that aren't matchy-matchy. But, sometimes it's nice to have that coherence across the brand, especially in MLS where the teams are still searching for brand establishment and relevancy.

(That said, I do wish that said Adidas template allowed for more customization, and less gigantic armpit panels. And I also wish MNUFC would just own the anthracite color already.)

• Like 3

1 hour ago, McCall said:

Hmm. I actually like this. My only nitpick would be the inverted logo. Feels like it would've been more visible and more balanced with the Adidas and Purina logos if it stayed predominantly red.

It also would've been the perfect opportunity to lean into the simplified, text-less secondary crest. 

• Like 5
  • Applause 1

21 hours ago, upperV03 said:

Not only that, but the “Heritage Aqua” is really just a Carolina blue and doesn’t match the aqua in the crest at all. There’s a massive disconnect between the kit and the badge, both stylistically and in terms of the color palette. The badge is very vibrant and modern, yet it’s slapped on a kit that attempts to be overly retro-for-retro’s sake. It seems like a classic case where the kit design was done without consideration being given to the new crest and brand colors. On their own, I really like the shorts and socks. But they look like they’re screaming out for a white shirt similar to their Heritage white kits from 2017/18. And then the stripes? I just don’t get those at all, and I don’t think the two shades of green PLUS light blue PLUS white makes for an appealing shirt at all.

As always, I’m a Timbers fan so my viewpoint on anything Sounders-related is clouded by a puff of fish-scented air. 

I agree with this. On its own, as an idea, I like the stripes. But my biggest issue with this kit is how much the stripes overshadow and drown out the  new crest. I'd think that in a year in which you unveil a new brand you'd want a kit that celebrates it.  This kit's too noisy for that purpose. 

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, BlazerBlaze said:

And the Charlie Brown Crew kits are confirmed. That 3rd star is awfully large. 

https://x.com/ColumbusCrew/status/1758521629393469950?s=20

dmffxdazesv1ttjvtdzu.jpg

Love the "Ohio, the Heart of it All" nod on the back. Is that still the state motto they put on all of the welcome signs? 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

1 hour ago, officeglenn said:

zqszcixani1ljjjpjtvs.jpg

So is St Louis settling in with a standard away look? It’s not much different than their previous design. Both gray with pink accents. Only main difference is the old design had the full color crest and navy touches. But it seems like they aren’t planning to introduce radically different designs for secondary kits, unlike some clubs.

spacer.png

13 minutes ago, MJWalker45 said:

dmffxdazesv1ttjvtdzu.jpg

Love the "Ohio, the Heart of it All" nod on the back. Is that still the state motto they put on all of the welcome signs? 

They finally brought back the motto last year after dropping it about 20 years ago. The other mottos they used were "So much to discover" and "Find it here." Generic as hell, and total duds.

The nod on the back of the neck is definitely a nice touch. If only the front of the shirt wasn't a nod to America's favorite blockhead.

spacer.png

1 minute ago, burgundy said:

They finally brought back the motto last year after dropping it about 20 years ago. The other mottos they used were "So much to discover" and "Find it here." Generic as hell, and total duds.

The nod on the back of the neck is definitely a nice touch. If only the front of the shirt wasn't a nod to America's favorite blockhead.

I like the idea of using the stadium for your designs, but at some point there are other parts of Columbus that would have been better used when designing the shirt. I still like this design though. The only thing I don't like is that the black shorts from last year are only available in size S. 

• Like 2

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png