MLS Kits 2024

kylonian

Now when I looked at the Union jersey I figured it was a vague snake pattern making the stripe pattern, along with it having XV's hidden.

No no, its supposed to be a bridge pattern.

Union fans have been awaiting the return of the center stripe for many years,” said Shaun Kreider, Philadelphia Union Senior Creative Director. “With 2024 being the club’s landmark 15th season, we felt it only right to revisit the classic design, but with a modern twist. Originally inspired by the trusses of the Commodore Barry bridge that serves as a backdrop to Subaru Park, the XV jersey symbolizes a bridge from the past to the present and the Union’s commitment to bridging the gap between fans and their team with countless initiatives like the Union Creative Collective, who’s input brought this kit to life.” 

Commodore-Barry-Bridge-970x550.jpg

• Eyeroll 1

13 hours ago, MJWalker45 said:

Columbus%20Crew%202024-2025%20Home%20Kit

Reported Crew home shirt. The Massive Reddit group posted links to Rally House that have since been killed. Not a bad look, but a surprise to be certain based on previous discussions about what the shirt was supposed to represent, as a "return to home" impression. I think this shirt would look better with black shorts than yellow, but we'll see. I don't like that the yellow is lighter with this shirt, but it's not that big a deal if it helps the design stand out. I can't make out what the wording is on the state silhouette, but based on teasers I believe it's the GPS coordinates for Lower.com Field. 

Columbus%20Crew%202024-2025%20Home%20Kit

I also like that they have included the Spanish phrase, "Everyone's Invited". There had been issues with the Spanish speaking supporter groups and the front office all the way back to when the Hunt's were running the team. 

12 hours ago, docbrass said:

Charlie Brown ???
cb-color.jpg

Check out all the Crew gear they have at Cedar Point!

spacer.png

• LOL 11
  • Hurl 1

spacer.png

Asymmetrical trim bothers me, especially if it's only on the shirt! Sigh. Also feel like, given the "24-7" theme, they could have used a more neon/vibrant shade for the blue instead of their standard, muted light blue. But maybe I'm reading too much into marketing.

15 minutes ago, Digby said:

Asymmetrical trim bothers me, especially if it's only on the shirt! Sigh. Also feel like, given the "24-7" theme, they could have used a more neon/vibrant shade for the blue instead of their standard, muted light blue. But maybe I'm reading too much into marketing.

The shorts do have the asymmetric trim, but the colors are flipped from how they appear on the shirt. It’s inexplicable though that the socks don’t have the asymmetric adidas stripes. 

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

Officially official Real Salt Lake "Peak Utah" primary kit:

rsl.jpg

And CF Montréal's "La Main" secondary kit -- the stripe symbolizes Boulevard St-Laurent, “Montréal’s central artery where east and west ends meet, a street that runs at the heart of the city, which has historically reunited its diverse communities":

mtl.jpg

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, upperV03 said:

The shorts do have the asymmetric trim, but the colors are flipped from how they appear on the shirt. It’s inexplicable though that the socks don’t have the asymmetric adidas stripes. 

I guess asymmetric socks would be a real headache for the equipment manager?

11 minutes ago, Digby said:

I guess asymmetric socks would be a real headache for the equipment manager?

Perhaps, although a lot of players like to get new socks (in package) for every game. I think it’s more that the players can’t be trusted to wear the socks on the correct legs. 

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

The Sounders shirt was dragged through the mud before it released. I’m here to offer a different opinion. Seeing the full kit with shorts and socks, this thing is a banger. Might be kit of the year. The pastel colors look fantastic and amazingly retro. I’d even venture to label it their best ever kit. I think this is a classic example of not judging a kit just off of the shirt but the entire package with shorts and socks. It’s also one of their first kits where my eyes don’t bleed from the neon colors. Fantastic!

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

• Like 11
  • Love 1
  • Applause 3
  • Hurl 3

10 minutes ago, aawagner011 said:

The Sounders shirt was dragged through the mud before it released. I’m here to offer a different opinion. Seeing the full kit with shorts and socks, this thing is a banger. Might be kit of the year. The pastel colors look fantastic and amazingly retro. I’d even venture to label it their best ever kit. I think this is a classic example of not judging a kit just off of the shirt but the entire package with shorts and socks. It’s also one of their first kits where my eyes don’t bleed from the neon colors. Fantastic!

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

The colors on the crest not matching those on the kit and the solid green back of the jersey still drag the kit down IMO.

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, VampyrRabbit said:

The colors on the crest not matching those on the kit and the solid green back of the jersey still drag the kit down IMO.

Not only that, but the “Heritage Aqua” is really just a Carolina blue and doesn’t match the aqua in the crest at all. There’s a massive disconnect between the kit and the badge, both stylistically and in terms of the color palette. The badge is very vibrant and modern, yet it’s slapped on a kit that attempts to be overly retro-for-retro’s sake. It seems like a classic case where the kit design was done without consideration being given to the new crest and brand colors. On their own, I really like the shorts and socks. But they look like they’re screaming out for a white shirt similar to their Heritage white kits from 2017/18. And then the stripes? I just don’t get those at all, and I don’t think the two shades of green PLUS light blue PLUS white makes for an appealing shirt at all.

As always, I’m a Timbers fan so my viewpoint on anything Sounders-related is clouded by a puff of fish-scented air. 

• Like 4

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

Sounders with those blue shorts is incredible. I love it.

I was down on the leak, but these look so nice as a final product.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

Sounders Kit is surprising me in terms of how GOOD it actually looks. It would be nice if the colors were more on point with the crest, but that's besides the point.

Now I need Minnesota's to leak before tomorrow morning.  I'm interested to see how the execute it. 

• Like 2