MLS Kits 2024

kylonian

I don't think these copywriters have ever seen ripples in water before. Also a miss to go with navy shorts again, this one would benefit even more from the red shorts. But, I suppose this is nitpicking in the grand scheme.

spacer.png

spacer.png

• Like 3
  • LOL 1

Just now, Digby said:

I don't think these copywriters have ever seen ripples in water before. Also a miss to go with navy shorts again, this one would benefit even more from the red shorts. But, I suppose this is nitpicking in the grand scheme.

spacer.png

spacer.png

I was thinking the same thing when I saw just the shirt. They're using the same design as Bayern Munich, make sure the shorts match the sleeves! 

• Like 1

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

28 minutes ago, Digby said:

spacer.png

spacer.png

Translation - "We thought the pins made out of dots were a bitchin'  design feature which is why they are on the shirt, but as a team from New England, the marketing department for the Revolution needed to make up some nonsense about how it's linked to the revolutionary history" - dude from design team.

• Like 4

On 2/12/2024 at 1:27 PM, NYCdog said:

Looks like Houston is leaning heavy into local rap scene with the Purple Drank/Lean colored kit and chrome badging, a nod to the slab car culture and spoke elbow wheels down there. Intriguing but I like that they’re at least attempting it going out there… 

Hendrix lol 😂 …someone’s never heard of DJ Screw or chopped & screwed music. IYKYK. 

That's swangers to you, sir...get it right. 😁 (Speaking of, I find the fact that both the Dynamo and apparently the Texans are about a decade late in catching onto parts of Houston street culture that went mainstream about a decade ago absolutely hilarious.)

On 2/12/2024 at 6:55 PM, BadSeed84 said:

To save people from clicking spoiler clicks after spoiler clicks

image.png

Tampa Bay Mutiny, is that you???

21 hours ago, MJWalker45 said:

I actually like this logo better, but I understand that they needed a logo that can work in digital presentations better.

6k82k7rzbdic1.jpeg?width=640&crop=smart&

7 minutes ago, MJWalker45 said:

Columbus%20Crew%202024-2025%20Home%20Kit

They are really doubling down on that swallowtail burgee shape, aren't they? Guess it ain't the worst thing in the world, EXCEPT...

4 minutes ago, docbrass said:

Charlie Brown ???
cb-color.jpg

...Somebody should have seen this.  *wa-wa-wa-wa-wop...wop-wop*

• Like 2

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

The Timbers have officially revealed their new secondary kit and it is a banger. I don’t love the horizontal DaBella logo but it does prevent the logos from occupying too much vertical space. The color scheme is wonderful and the hand-drawn tree detailing strikes the right balance between realism and artistic expression. The dark green shorts and the socks having lighter green turnovers are both really nice added bonuses:

spacer.png
spacer.png
spacer.png

The shirt is in partnership with the Nature Conservancy, whose logo appears on the back neck:

spacer.png

• Like 6
  • Love 4
  • Applause 1
  • WOAH 1

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

On 2024-02-12 at 5:40 PM, hereandthere said:

Plain back, as was to be expected. Would have worked better if the blue was a few shades lighter or a bit desaturated IMO. Or even better with a matching back, of course. But nonetheless a very nice kit. 

spacer.png

spacer.png

It's okay, but it could have been a lot better, by putting the gradient on the back as well as the front and by having that design on the back panels instead of making them black, and with a better gradient.

There isn't much contrast between the 2nd and 3rd shades of blue on the gradient in comparision with the contrast between the Carolina Blue and the 3rd shade or the 1st and the 2nd. The 3rd blue also looks out of place, it looks close to the same brightness as the 2nd blue but more cyan, like it was taken from a different white to Carolina Blue gradient.

Using the Trucolor value for the Carolina Blue and using a gradient generator with six modes, I came up six gradients and it looks like the third shade of blue on the gradient was swapped for another shade for some reason for the new Charlotte Jersey.

4f7670107d85e26f0d8df340ded57aa24b27be7d

Looking at the jersey and the gradients, I have a hunch that the team swapped out the 4th shade of blue in the gradient for another shade of blue for some reason that was more cyan and also brighter. If true, then I have no idea why unless they were concerned they were using a shade too close to that used by the Tar Heels.

Other than the missing sleeve cuffs (downgrade) and armpit inserts (upgrade) the replica version is very similar to the authentic, compared to other kits. 

One of the best kits of the season anyway (not restricted to MLS and adidas). With the old Alaska Airlines sponsor and without the centered logos it would have been absolutely perfect. 

spacer.png

• Like 2

Now having seen the full Portland kit, I think the logos would look best in the typical format with the crest over the heart. If the nature design creeped more into the middle of the chest, I’d like the current set up for the adidas logo and crest. As is, there’s too much open space. Looks like the logos would fit no problem.

57 minutes ago, aawagner011 said:

Now having seen the full Portland kit, I think the logos would look best in the typical format with the crest over the heart. If the nature design creeped more into the middle of the chest, I’d like the current set up for the adidas logo and crest. As is, there’s too much open space. Looks like the logos would fit no problem.

There is plenty of room for the crest and Adidas logos to fit on either side of the chest, but I think that would just exacerbate the openness in the middle of the chest. Having the crest in the center not only fills that space but allows the crest breathing room to be more of a focus.

• Like 1

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

1 hour ago, MrAstrodome said:

Dynamo leak

It's purp.

Houston teams always straddling the line of going all in on this look. They want to be noticed by people who care, but unrecognized by people who don't. IMO they should go all in, put a screw through the logo, double cup stacked white trim on the sleeves, chromed out logos, wood grain stripes. Just using the color purple isn't enough.

14 minutes ago, Krz said:

Houston teams always straddling the line of going all in on this look. They want to be noticed by people who care, but unrecognized by people who don't. IMO they should go all in, put a screw through the logo, double cup stacked white trim on the sleeves, chromed out logos, wood grain stripes. Just using the color purple isn't enough.

It needs a pattern. Or an arc. Or stripes.

5 minutes ago, GriffinM6 said:

Disappointing honestly. I was hoping they'd do a pattern that looks like a nebula instead of just a solid purple shirt. 

spacer.png

Like this. Honestly the graphics made me think it was going to be this. Plus everyone is still pissed that Dynamo never had a light blue kit despite their sister club Dash having blue kits or prominent blue elements since day one.

• Like 2

This center-stacking of the two logos is way too much, they need to be more closely spaced... the sponsor logos for Miami and Portland are both distractingly low.

Love Houston going with purple -- agree that it would look better with some kind of deep space graphic (or woodgrain!) but also, when the color scheme is so bold and unique for the league, I don't think you need to worry about other design elements as much.

• Like 1