MLS Kits 2024

kylonian

I remember a few years back when people said MLS kits are boring and Adidas doesn't put enough efford into the league any more.

But they did make a comeback big time.

I only hope that we will see DCU with three white stripes on the chest again at some point in history not too far away.

I'm a simple person, I have a pixelated David Beckham as profile photo since 2010.

Maybe it’s my color blindness, but I don’t notice the mismatch on the Seattle crest. I can tell the blue is different, but that doesn’t bother me much. The green looks very close to the shirt, maybe a shade off. It seems to be a polarizing design, that’s for sure.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, GFB said:

Yeah, surprised to see the hate on the Sounders look. Kit of the year for me.

new%202024%20mls%20adidas%20football%20k

Only thing I don't like is that the socks are white instead of matching the jerseys. 

• Like 1

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

Hard to get a true read on the colors from these photos... I think I like the lighter green? Even though the overall look feels too washed out. Also not sure about the double pinstripe, that darker border color kinda muddies things up. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Digby said:

Hard to get a true read on the colors from these photos... I think I like the lighter green? Even though the overall look feels too washed out. Also not sure about the double pinstripe, that darker border color kinda muddies things up. 

That darker green is the same green that got used back in 74. 

Honestly if they switched that out with the regular blue it would of worked better.

2 hours ago, upperV03 said:

The badge is very vibrant and modern, yet it’s slapped on a kit that attempts to be overly retro-for-retro’s sake.

Yet despite that attempt and that it's supposed to be celebrating the 50th anniversary of the Sounders, it doesn't recall any of the kits the team wore during the NASL days. The Sounders did wear stripes in the NASL, but that was for one season and the original team folded at the end of it, and the stripes on it could barely have been any thinner.

And for some reason, it looks like the  MLS logos that will be slapped on the jersey will be using another shade of blue teamed up with the pea soup shade of green, and yet another shade of blue for the Orca logo on the back.

sea-1.jpg

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TacoCat83 said:

That darker green is the same green that got used back in 74. 

Honestly if they switched that out with the regular blue it would of worked better.

I think I'd lose that green entirely and/or set fewer stripes on the shirt. Like the idea, not the execution.

I'll reserve judgement on the colors of the applications til we see the real thing but yeah, I'm wondering if the Adidas design team had guidance and ideas for a retro look but didn't get to see the rebrand assets until way late in the process and didn't design with them in mind.

• Like 3

Orlando has dropped. I didn’t realize the color is lavender. I thought it was white. The tweets below have a video showing it with lavender shorts. Also a nice look at the original crest and the updated one that’s used on this shirt. I hated the original crest, but seeing the modern update, think it’s kinda nice.

spacer.png

spacer.png

• Like 2
  • Love 1
  • Applause 1
  • Hurl 1

1 hour ago, aawagner011 said:

Orlando has dropped. I didn’t realize the color is lavender. I thought it was white. The tweets below have a video showing it with lavender shorts. Also a nice look at the original crest and the updated one that’s used on this shirt. I hated the original crest, but seeing the modern update, think it’s kinda nice.

spacer.png

spacer.png

That’s a banger. 

Chicago Fire primary kit:

CHI-1-1.jpg

FC Dallas going out to left field for their new primary kit:

DAL.jpg

Officially official Houston Dynamo secondary kit:

HOU.jpg

Officially official LAFC home kit, which they unveiled earlier this morning despite tweeting earlier this week that it would be launched on Saturday:

LAFC-1-1.jpg

• Like 4
  • Applause 1

1 hour ago, aawagner011 said:

spacer.png

spacer.png

The updated USL badge is nice, as is the base color and the collar, but it's spoiled by those absolutely horrible huge back panels and the cuffs not matching the collar.

15 minutes ago, officeglenn said:

CHI-1-1.jpg

Finally red for the home is back, along with the chestband. Long overdue return to a look the Fire should never have left.

15 minutes ago, officeglenn said:

Officially official LAFC home kit, which they unveiled earlier this morning despite tweeting earlier this week that it would be launched on Saturday:

LAFC-1-1.jpg

LAFC look  great from the front, but the back just has to be one color because the official MLS name and number font dont have outlines and weren't designed with them in mind.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, officeglenn said:

FC Dallas going out to left field for their new primary kit:

DAL.jpg

FC Dallas, I'm sorry, but...

Video gif. A woman pulls on Nick Young's arm, trying to hold his hand. Nick looks at her with confusion, but is trying to be polite. The camera zooms on his face and turns to look stare into the camera with a big confused grin on his face. Question marks appear around his head.

Seattle is also just looking way off. Too many light colors trying to play off each other, and all the white accents on the collar, Adidas stripes, and cuffs just don't help it in any way. Looks more like a striped polo your oddball, golf-loving uncle would wear to an Easter service.

The return of the red w/ white band for the Chicago Fire and the pinstripes for LAFC might be some of the best looking from what we have seen so far IMO.

• Like 5

spacer.png

Visit my website at SSmith Designs (google.com)

11 minutes ago, SSmith48 said:

FC Dallas, I'm sorry, but...

Video gif. A woman pulls on Nick Young's arm, trying to hold his hand. Nick looks at her with confusion, but is trying to be polite. The camera zooms on his face and turns to look stare into the camera with a big confused grin on his face. Question marks appear around his head.

Its hard to make a half and half MLS jersey work due to the one colour back. Props to Dallas for originality but they were up against it from the get go when they decided to go halfsies and they haven't made it work now.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, officeglenn said:

CHI-1-1.jpg

Didn't know Carvana was still in business. Haven't seen or heard about them being active in my area for about 2 years now.

Hotter Than July > Thriller

I know the simple white jerseys as away kits always got dunked on, but I actually think Orlando would've looked better as plain white; the dark purple, metallic gold, and red color scheme for the trim works fantastically well and those pieces pop just fine on their own. That light lavender tint does distract from it a little bit. That said, I thought the updated USL badge would've been a fun novelty but I'm surprised how much I legitimately like it (apart from the outer lions looking like chimps). Feels like it could be the primary if they wanted.

FC Dallas got real weird. Points for originality. The marketing copy for that one goes on about jet afterburners, for some reason.

I like all the rest of this new unveil batch, lots of ideas that are simple but well-executed and just interesting enough. Austin got beat to that kit by Vermont Green FC but I do really like this take on the partial logo trend with just the tree/roots thing.

• Like 1