MLS Kits 2024

kylonian

4 minutes ago, PaleVermilion81 said:

This is the last I'm going to post on this kit. As a MNUFC fan it just depresses me and I'm letting it go and counting down to the 2026 replacement (and hoping we have a manager by then). But this is literally all I see when I see the new kit:

spacer.png

Plus

spacer.png

Equals

spacer.png

Well i would at least buy this remix. 

• Like 1
  • LOL 6

3 hours ago, PaleVermilion81 said:

This is the last I'm going to post on this kit. As a MNUFC fan it just depresses me and I'm letting it go and counting down to the 2026 replacement (and hoping we have a manager by then). But this is literally all I see when I see the new kit:

spacer.png

Plus

spacer.png

Equals

spacer.png

That would make this kit even cooler. Thank you for the visual. 

• Like 1
  • LOL 1

AM-JKLUm-gD6dFoY5MvQGgjXb2rzP7kMTHmGf8UsR6KOCYQnHU-0HSFi-zjXHepGDckUAHcduu3pVgvwxe06RKDW2y2Z2BmhEOe8OP-WSY1XqLT9KsQ0ZP75J9loQuNrvLW208pEWCg9jq8aNx-zFneH9aPQQA=w800-h112-no?authuser=0

spacer.png

interesting! I wonder how many fans actually try doing something like this with these jerseys? If I was FCC I might see about exhibiting some of the designs somewhere in the stadium during the season. 

• Like 2

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

1 hour ago, MJWalker45 said:

interesting! I wonder how many fans actually try doing something like this with these jerseys? If I was FCC I might see about exhibiting some of the designs somewhere in the stadium during the season. 

Meh, I just feel like this is just more marketing talk. It's a white jersey, of course it will be easy to paint on, just like any white jersey (or really any jersey, let's be honest). And here's the ironic part: the pattern that is featured on the cuffs and side panels isn't even unique, it's actually been used previously on a Juventus pre-match shirt. Seems kind of hypocritical for a shirt that claims to promote creativity.

img_3477.jpg

• Like 4

spacer.png

Visit my website at SSmith Designs (google.com)

14 minutes ago, SSmith48 said:

Meh, I just feel like this is just more marketing talk. It's a white jersey, of course it will be easy to paint on, just like any white jersey (or really any jersey, let's be honest). And here's the ironic part: the pattern that is featured on the cuffs and side panels isn't even unique, it's actually been used previously on a Juventus pre-match shirt. Seems kind of hypocritical for a shirt that claims to promote creativity.

img_3477.jpg

Especially when half the league designs are using the same templates for Bayern Munich.

• Like 1

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

1 hour ago, WBeltz said:

I think this years crop is probably the best we've seen in a while. I have some gripes, but overall, these are all (mostly) phenomenal. 

Yeah it feels like Adidas tried with the MLS across the board for once.

• Like 4

5 hours ago, MJWalker45 said:

The fans can easily turn it into the FC Cincinnati "AEW Canvas Kit" by doing what one Cincy resident does every Wednesday by bleeding all over it.

• LOL 1

On 2/16/2024 at 4:57 PM, upperV03 said:

They made no mention of it in the kit unveiling, but within Adidas Seattle’s new kit is apparently dubbed “The Macklemore Kit”. It helps to explain the nauseating stripes and the ridiculous hipster shoot. This is straight from the head of club football apparel at Adidas:

spacer.png

Now why didn’t the club make mention of it during the unveiling? Probably because they’re saving it for a future tie-in or someone within the club realized how embarrassing it was.

As cringey as Macklemore can get, he’s a good dude and he cares about Seattle more than anything.

Having said that, this club continues to be completely tone deaf. It’s like they want to drive fans away. This shirt is terrible: it’s the WRONG new green as you can see the difference between the crest and the primary color on the shirt (may be the fabric difference? But I doubt it; it sure looks like the old rave green). Then these hideous dark green outlined light blue stripes. And the icing on the cake is the God awful use of white for the cuffs and collar. 

And don’t forget most everyone here hates the sponsor! When you see a healthcare sponsor of your favorite team, just remember you and other patients pay for it with the absurd healthcare premiums and hospital bills that plague our country. Providence’s sketchy stances on the healthcare issues they politicize make it worse. I refuse to buy a shirt with them on it.

Meanwhile Adidas will continue to move the goalposts and deny us a third kit even though we’ve sold all our thirds in droves… maybe our sales are down because they forced a sponsor on us no one likes and MLS did next to nothing to support us in the club World Cup? Never mind, though, MLS has made it clear their priorities lie with expansion teams and Messi-mania. The latter of which I actually understand. The former? If this league gets to 40 franchises they better split and start doing pro-rel. 

• Like 5

washingtonst.gif

My teams

NCAA: Washington State

MLB: Seattle Mariners

NFL: Seattle Seahawks

NBA: Portland Trailblazers

EPL: Liverpool FC

MLS: Seattle Sounders FC

NHL: Pittsburgh Penguins

On 2/17/2024 at 11:31 AM, upperV03 said:

I’ve long thought Orlando would be a natural candidate to wear a Chelsea-esque kit combo for their primary kit.

I can see it, although I'd prefer both purple/white/purple and sticking with all-purple. My pick for the Chelsea style is New England.

ExJworW.png

On 2/16/2024 at 6:57 PM, upperV03 said:

They made no mention of it in the kit unveiling, but within Adidas Seattle’s new kit is apparently dubbed “The Macklemore Kit”. It helps to explain the nauseating stripes and the ridiculous hipster shoot. This is straight from the head of club football apparel at Adidas:

spacer.png

Now why didn’t the club make mention of it during the unveiling? Probably because they’re saving it for a future tie-in or someone within the club realized how embarrassing it was.

It could be a conflict of interest being that he has his own clothing line and it didn't clear through legal?

I feel like a hipster shoot is appropriate for Seattle, y'all are probably the third most hipster club behind Portland and Austin.

Idk how this kit is getting any hate, it might be the best of the season for me. Looks like a very classic kit but the colors are uniquely Seattle. I thought they hit it out of the park. Even the promo photos are really high fashion in a good way.

• Like 1
  • Huh? 1

10 hours ago, shaydre1019 said:

Idk how this kit is getting any hate, it might be the best of the season for me.

It should be easy to understand how and why there are people who don't like the kit, it's not like they haven't stated the reasons for that. The colour mismatch between the logos and the shirt, the use of too many shades of green and blue, the main sponsor, the shade of green used, that it's supposed to be a 50th anniversary kit yet doesn't really hark back to the NASL kits the team wore, the solid green back, the "retro for retro sake" design that doesn't recall the NASL kits and the striping layout and colours are all reasons given to why people don't like the kit.

• Like 6

5 hours ago, VampyrRabbit said:

It should be easy to understand how and why there are people who don't like the kit, it's not like they haven't stated the reasons for that. The colour mismatch between the logos and the shirt, the use of too many shades of green and blue, the main sponsor, the shade of green used, that it's supposed to be a 50th anniversary kit yet doesn't really hark back to the NASL kits the team wore, the solid green back, the "retro for retro sake" design that doesn't recall the NASL kits and the striping layout and colours are all reasons given to why people don't like the kit.

They stated multiple times that it's a modern interpretation of past sounders kits. Pinstripes from '83, dark green and light blue from '74. Solid green back is a rule, not a choice.

Also the green is supposed to be the updated rave green. I think the photography and different materials may just make it look a little bit off.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, shaydre1019 said:

They stated multiple times that it's a modern interpretation of past sounders kits. Pinstripes from '83, dark green and light blue from '74. Solid green back is a rule, not a choice.

Also the green is supposed to be the updated rave green. I think the photography and different materials may just make it look a little bit off.

It still doesn't feel like an anniversary kit nor a modern interpretation of those kits, it's not really accurate to call the stripes on the new jersey pinstripes when they are at least 4 times the thickness of those on the 1983 kit, and the solid green back becomes a big issue when you use stripes of that thickness and consisting of two colours. The rule of one colour backs is a rule that shouldn't exist, and MLS should either create a new name and number font that works with striped backs and those with tonal patterns, or let teams use a custom font that does the same. As the current MLS Font doesn't work with striped backs, it not fit for purpose.

There are still too many shades of green and blue, and adidas should have done a far better job with colour matching.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, shaydre1019 said:

I don't think it's always a rule, Whitecaps last home kit had the band go all the way around the back, and Atlanta has had partial solid backs. It just depends on the team, and adidas may not do it because we've seen teams with striped backs loose them in European competition. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, shaydre1019 said:

I think using those fairly thick pinstripes, in a second green and also a blue, is altering the visual perception of the base shirt green in most instances. One of those reasons that I felt like the rebrand and the shirt redesign were progressing without talking to one another.

• Like 3

I have never liked the debut patch that we’ve now seen in MLS, MLB, and NFL. I guess it’s cool for the trading card community, but I think it’s fairly stupid for on field gear. Another example of the merchandising machine impacting the equipment space.

• Like 1
  • Dislike 1
  • Eyeroll 1