MLS Kits 2024

kylonian

1 hour ago, hereandthere said:

Oh, come on, this has to be one of the most incredible and visually coherent home/away sets ever made.

(I understand if MNUFC fans don't love it becuase they want the wing back, but as a neutral non-US kit fan, I absolutely adore both of them)

spacer.png

For a team called the Loons it makes no sense and doesn't alignment to any of their kit history. That's the stupidity of it. If it was, say, a team called the Galaxy it would be the perfect kit. Or a team based in some state where they had a song that said, "The stars at night...are big and bright...". For a team who is the Loons...just dumb...

• Like 5

3 hours ago, Digby said:

Sorta off-topic but these unveil photoshoots have become so strange. Who is wearing a jersey tucked in to pleated khakis???

jhqpbhktqga0foqxxo9q.jpg 

If this ain't about the most stereotypically Seattle photoshoot ever...

2 hours ago, officeglenn said:

Minnesota United "Starry Night" primary kit:

amyx4lqljkiiwycalgzl.jpg

I get the point--and what is that written into the side piping?--but it still kinda looks like bleach blots...

2 hours ago, officeglenn said:

St. Louis CITY SC "Confluence" secondary kit:

zqszcixani1ljjjpjtvs.jpg

COPPED. I don't even care that I don't have the money for it right now; I'm naming and claiming it right now. This is also what I wish they would have done for their first secondary kit.

1 hour ago, hereandthere said:

Oh, come on, this has to be one of the most incredible and visually coherent home/away sets ever made.

(I understand if MNUFC fans don't love it becuase they want the wing back, but as a neutral non-US kit fan, I absolutely adore both of them)

spacer.png

One thing's for sure: Minnesota's got the most decorative kits in MLS. They got that in the bag.

1 hour ago, aawagner011 said:

So is St Louis settling in with a standard away look? It’s not much different than their previous design. Both gray with pink accents. Only main difference is the old design had the full color crest and navy touches. But it seems like they aren’t planning to introduce radically different designs for secondary kits, unlike some clubs.

That's CITYRED to you...get it right. 🙂

• Like 2
  • LOL 2

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

LA Galaxy. Not my favorite look of there’s, but still solid, if a bit subdued.

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

Colorado: it’s fine. I don’t mind the checkers. But I think their brand is a bit stale. Didn’t they have a kit with contrasting sleeves (either white or light blue) a while back? I think that could be a more signature look, and preferably with contrasting shorts, too.

spacer.png

spacer.png

• Like 3

I mean, the team is nicknamed the Loons, but it is officially named Minnesota United. The star connection doesn't seem crazy when the state motto is Star of the North. There's at least some connective tissue, although I can understand the consistency argument. Could've done a loon wing constellation.

• Like 5
  • WOAH 1

1 hour ago, shaydre1019 said:

Is anybody else surprised that the new jerseys didn't carry over the same diagonal texture pattern from the WC template?

I was fully expecting to see that with the new releases. I guess its a slightly different template.

Last year’s MLS kits used this template and did not get the nice textured material. MLS has long used an in between material from adidas. It seems to get the cuts and templates of the fancy adidas kits with the plastic badges, but the material is closer to a lower grade replica. As someone who collects both Atlanta United and German national team shirts, the differences are interesting to see. Maybe one day adidas will treat MLS like a top flight league. I think where we are now is not bad, though. It’s a lot better than some other European teams they sponsor who basically get glorified teamwear. At least MLS gets custom graphics.

5 minutes ago, seasaltvanilla said:

I mean, the team is nicknamed the Loons, but it is officially named Minnesota United. The star connection doesn't seem crazy when the state motto is Star of the North. There's at least some connective tissue, although I can understand the consistency argument. Could've done a loon wing constellation.

They should do a loon wing shaped by a starry sky. 2026 kit, I’m calling it first 😎

• Like 1

orlando-city-2024-away-kit%20(21).jpg

Not sure if this was posted, but here's a good look at the original and revised Orlando City crests. I think this new crest was based of a Fraser Davidson design. 

47 minutes ago, aawagner011 said:

Colorado: it’s fine. I don’t mind the checkers. But I think their brand is a bit stale. Didn’t they have a kit with contrasting sleeves (either white or light blue) a while back? I think that could be a more signature look, and preferably with contrasting shorts, too.

spacer.png

I think the contrasting sleeves would have worked with the raglan design. I also think that they should go that route as a way to tie into Arsenal. 

• Like 2
  • Love 1

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

27 minutes ago, aawagner011 said:

spacer.png

spacer.png

I dislike it when the shorts match the lighter color in a tonal pattern. This top (which is perfectly fine) needs dark burgundy or light blue or even white shorts.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, GFB said:

I dislike it when the shorts match the lighter color in a tonal pattern. This top (which is perfectly fine) needs dark burgundy or light blue or even white shorts.

The back of the shirt is the lighter shade of burgundy, which is why the shorts are that colour.

58 minutes ago, VampyrRabbit said:

The back of the shirt is the lighter shade of burgundy, which is why the shorts are that colour.

The back of the shirt should be the darker burgandy as well then... doesn't change the principle , imo. 

30 minutes ago, GFB said:

The back of the shirt should be the darker burgandy as well then... doesn't change the principle , imo. 

It looks fine with the lighter burgundy and I prefer that shade for the socks and shorts, though it would probably look better with white shorts.

5 hours ago, tBBP said:

If this ain't about the most stereotypically Seattle photoshoot ever...

They wish. The standard Sounders fan is a combination of bearded or balding, is either incredibly skinny or incredibly not, and has never looked cool in their lives.

If you don't believe me, do a scan of the ECS. Their hearts are in the right place but fashion sense definitely not.

Seattle wishes that was their typical fan. The hipster shoot looks ridiculous.

• LOL 1

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

Love the Minnesota kit, Caps and Galaxy aren't bad either.

Don't know if it's just me, but I feel like in 2024 (or actually a year or two ago during the design cycle process) more MLS teams actually tried to be creative and mostly succeeded - regardless of the often lame PR speak.

Solid year for designs IMO

• Like 1

FC Cincinnati secondary kit, with a unique orange and blue design in the side panels, sleeve cuffs, etc., and a paintbrush on the back collar leaving an orange streak with the words "MAKE YOUR MARK" inside:

CIN.jpg

• Like 3

2 hours ago, DG_ThenNowForever said:

They wish. The standard Sounders fan is a combination of bearded or balding, is either incredibly skinny or incredibly not, and has never looked cool in their lives.

If you don't believe me, do a scan of the ECS. Their hearts are in the right place but fashion sense definitely not.

Seattle wishes that was their typical fan. The hipster shoot looks ridiculous.

They made no mention of it in the kit unveiling, but within Adidas Seattle’s new kit is apparently dubbed “The Macklemore Kit”. It helps to explain the nauseating stripes and the ridiculous hipster shoot. This is straight from the head of club football apparel at Adidas:

spacer.png

Now why didn’t the club make mention of it during the unveiling? Probably because they’re saving it for a future tie-in or someone within the club realized how embarrassing it was.

• LOL 1
  • Huh? 1
  • Facepalm 1
  • Eyeroll 1

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

20 hours ago, PaleVermilion81 said:

For a team called the Loons it makes no sense and doesn't alignment to any of their kit history. That's the stupidity of it. If it was, say, a team called the Galaxy it would be the perfect kit. Or a team based in some state where they had a song that said, "The stars at night...are big and bright...". For a team who is the Loons...just dumb...

Loons are active during the starry night, the tie is fairly seamless to me.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, shaydre1019 said:

Is anybody else surprised that the new jerseys didn't carry over the same diagonal texture pattern from the WC template?

I was fully expecting to see that with the new releases. I guess its a slightly different template.

They didn't include them last year either. At least my Crew jersey doesn't have it.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

13 hours ago, upperV03 said:

They made no mention of it in the kit unveiling, but within Adidas Seattle’s new kit is apparently dubbed “The Macklemore Kit”. It helps to explain the nauseating stripes and the ridiculous hipster shoot. This is straight from the head of club football apparel at Adidas:

spacer.png

Now why didn’t the club make mention of it during the unveiling? Probably because they’re saving it for a future tie-in or someone within the club realized how embarrassing it was.

Could be the latter, but it's probably the former for this time next year when they unveil their new change with a photoshoot in front of that wall covered in Bubblegum.

I didn’t see anyone post a picture of the full Whitecaps kit yesterday, but it’s too good not to share:

spacer.png

White shorts/navy socks would be a more fitting combo for the Caps’ kit history, but I love the Chelsea-esque combination. I can’t remember another MLS team wearing a kit combo like this, at least not as a first choice combo. I’ve long thought Orlando would be a natural candidate to wear a Chelsea-esque kit combo for their primary kit.

• Like 5

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1